Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what sorta cool stuff will day find in season 3??????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auroa was almost destroy, what ever weapons it had were probably already use.

And will people stop making the point of us getting more technology it would easier. Know it would not, the wraith defeated the ancients, even with all thier advance technology they still defeated. If the writer got smart they would start making the wraith intelligence and adaptive. If our troops start walking around in a personal shield, the wraith adapt thier weapon to get through it. We find a virus which kills wraith vessels, they find a vaccien. This would be much more exciting way to do atlantis and would also quite easy let the expedition gain all the technology gizmos they want all the while knowing that what ever they come up with the wraith will eventually find a way to adapt to it and come up with a counter measure.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
      auroa was almost destroy, what ever weapons it had were probably already use.
      They coulds still try and find plans/schematics for the weapons and so, on or reverse engineer them and study them to find out how they work. Or they could have just asked the crew if they had more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        They coulds still try and find plans/schematics for the weapons and so, on or reverse engineer them and study them to find out how they work. Or they could have just asked the crew if they had more time.

yer but they dnt have the time

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
          Why bother and why risk the wraith retaking the vessel. We got the ancient database which is suppose to fill with information on this type of stuff any.

Comment

and duh peeps they've only translated (guessing) 10% of the ancient database.
            ------------------------------

Comment

I think we'll see them possibly finding another zpm, but more likely translating more of the ancient database or finding something else really cool or just plain weird in Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
                and duh peeps they've only translated (guessing) 10% of the ancient database.
                I would not be surprise if they have translated all of it by now, using a automated programme to do the translations. And they probably built a interface for the database so what ever information they want from instantly come up in english.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                  I think we'll see them possibly finding another zpm, but more likely translating more of the ancient database

i would like that to happen or they find some sort of factory rhe accients built before the war and it still had a zpm

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

I would not be surprise if they have translated all of it by now, using a automated programme to do the translations. And they probably built a interface for the database so what ever information they want from instantly come up in english.

i dout it because it has taken them a year in the first season just to transalt 10% so they'll of dun about 30/35%

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

When did they say they only translanted 10%.

Comment

Automated programs don't do a very good job in translating. In big corporations, they have an entire department assigned to translate text from one language to another to ensure that the words are used appropriately. So... with the ancient database... it would take an entire department to translate in a desirable amount of time, assuming that the entire department was as good at Ancient as Dr. Jackson.

Besides... I don't think there's a cypher strong enough in this world to translate the junk that spews forth from a certain gateworld user's accinet data base.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                          Automated programs don't do a very good job in translating. In big corporations, they have an entire department assigned to translate text from one language to another to ensure that the words are used appropriately. So... with the ancient database... it would take an entire department to translate in a desirable amount of time, assuming that the entire department was as good at Ancient as Dr. Jackson.

Besides... I don't think there's a cypher strong enough in this world to translate the junk that spews forth from a certain gateworld user's accinet data base.
                          please, i beg you, stop saying accinet. it is driving me insane. ANCIENT!!!! ANCIENT!!! ANCIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          ------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
                            please, i beg you, stop saying accinet. it is driving me insane. ANCIENT!!!! ANCIENT!!! ANCIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            You've missed my sarcasm.

Comment

Well into today world at the moment we do not have any good automatic translaters. But hey we are talking about stargate and we no the asguard have perfectly good translation technology and if they can share their shield and hyperdrive engines then I am pretty sure they can share their translation technology with us. And infact we have already seen the prometheous use a automatic translation programme to translate incomming gould massages.

Comment

Get Danny Boy To Atlantis He Will Translate The Database Within Week's

Comment

Working...
                                X