This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Oh no she would have to be as smart or even smarter! Where would the fun be if she had normal or below average intelligence?
    Exaclty my point. What's the point in having him on the show if there's someone better than he is? And I was also thinking about the plot, how it could be more entertaining if part of the friction between the two is that they just couldn't see how the other person worked (ie: she couldn't get past his brilliance, he just doesn't undertsand her people skills).
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Glad they got her to play the role of his sister

XX

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
        i kinda hope for a small brother sister argument, and bringing up the fact he wanted to be an artist. which was one of the first bits of charactor development of Mckay
        Actually, McKay wanted to be a pianist, not an artist

Comment

cant wait for it to air!!!!!!
          Maybe she is soooo good that they put her as recurring character.

Not thinking tooo positive lol

Comment

What would be funny is people who don't know might complain they don't look alike enough lol. (I mean, it could happen..)

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
              What would be funny is people who don't know might complain they don't look alike enough lol. (I mean, it could happen..)
              Believe me, there will be people who won't connect the last names at all. Having siblings, I've had that happen ("You're related? Oh gee, I didn't know.")

Comment

I'm so very happy and excited that Kate will play Jeanie McKay! This is so great, can't wait for this episode!

Good that David already thought of his sister Kate when they established Jeanie McKay in 'Hot Zone'.
                And I'm sure it's also easier for David to relate to the feeling of having a younger sister than a younger brother, since he actually has five younger sisters!

Everyone says that Kate's a fantastic actress, I do believe that, but I hope she's not nervous now! No pressure, Kate, I already think you're the perfect Jeanie!

Oh, and if someone's interested, there's a discussion thread for Jeanie McKay here on GW, where we discuss her character:

Jeanie McKay thread

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

One thing that I think is really interesting about this episode, is that Rodney is almost adamant and refuses to accept that anyone's smarter than him. But by looking at what Martin's said...it seems that
                  Spoiler:
                  Rodney's openly admitting that Jeannie is smarter than him

I think that we are going to see a very different Rodney McKay in this ep.

I don't think that there's any chance of Jeannie becoming a recurring character on Atlantis given that she's a mother but what's to stop her from working for the SGC if she ever goes back to physics.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    NOt to whine, but I sure hope Sheppard gets an equally as good episode
                    I agree with you. I really like Shep alot too and would like to see a good background story on him but that is for a different thread!

The writers just have a take on McKay and his sister that I find really interesting and can't wait to see! I think the two actors are going to be perfect for this kind of an episode!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

That will be kinda funny! I hope it will be really nice
                      SHEPPARD: It was on the mensa test
                      MCKAY: You’re a member of mensa?
                      SHEPPARD: No I took the test. *grins*
                      MCKAY: *disbelieving* When?
                      SHEPPARD: You wanna talk about this now rodney?
                      Italian Guide to SG1 ad SGA

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        One thing that I think is really interesting about this episode, is that Rodney is almost adamant and refuses to accept that anyone's smarter than him. But by looking at what Martin's said...it seems that
                        Spoiler:
                        Rodney's openly admitting that Jeannie is smarter than him

I think that we are going to see a very different Rodney McKay in this ep.

I don't think that there's any chance of Jeannie becoming a recurring character on Atlantis given that she's a mother but what's to stop her from working for the SGC if she ever goes back to physics.
                        I think you ment that at the time in the past she was the smartass but now McKay is of course Jeannie became a mum. Rodney couldn't live with that so he became the smartest person of the family
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

I think it's a great idea by TPTB
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                            I think it's a great idea by TPTB
                            It's great to actually see siblings play each other's, well, siblings!

Comment

Oh wow!!!

This sounds soooooo cool.

Comment

I think this will make for an intersting story
                                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                                X