Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the expedition start again ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't Atlantis the great city that the Lost City tablet is talking about? Daniel said that the city had many treasures. Where are they?

The only things that we've seen are 3 dead ZPM's, one 1/3 full one, a prototype personal shield, and a device that traps energy. They would at least have shown an armory by now.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
      Why isn't Atlantis the great city that the Lost City tablet is talking about? Daniel said that the city had many treasures. Where are they?
      do you not agree that a Puddle Jumper is a great treasure? it has the capability to travel through the gate and give you a tactical advantage with the cloak. there's the endless knowledge that's in the database. you've mentioned the prototype personal shield. we've seen an advanced viral lab. and who's to say that "treasures" have to be physical objects? i personally think the wealth of knowledge they had as being the greatest treasure. and besides, the tablet was written such a long time ago. who's to say that they haven't spread some of the resources of Atlantis throughout the galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
        During the time of the Ancients, it probably was a powerful city, and as soon as we get a few more ZPMs, it will be again.

I actually got kind of bored during season 1 with all the Atlantis-set episodes. The whole point of the shows is the 'going to other planets', as Martin Lloyd would put it. While a few Atlantis-based episodes now and again, like Earth episodes in SG-1, would be good, I don't really want too many.

Comment

You know what they should really devote an episode to exploring the city. And in this episode they should be able to find something of interest. That would be very good.
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I have to agree, we haven't seen enough of the city durring Season 2, all we go to see was to other city in the tower and how is was similar and we saw the drone room and the star drive room. And because this city was similar to Atlantis we assume that Atlantis has rooms like this.
            The size of Atlantis means that they should be making some discoveries every few dayys if they are exploring constantly...

Heres to more exploration of Atlantis!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
              During the time of the Ancients, it probably was a powerful city, and as soon as we get a few more ZPMs, it will be again.

I actually got kind of bored during season 1 with all the Atlantis-set episodes. The whole point of the shows is the 'going to other planets', as Martin Lloyd would put it. While a few Atlantis-based episodes now and again, like Earth episodes in SG-1, would be good, I don't really want too many.
              No that was not the main plot line of atlantis, that was the main plot line of SG1. The main plot line of atlantis was to discover the city of atlantis and study it and according to daniels jackson, bring back the technology which could defeat the gould , not to go hoping around the pegsasis galexy, and send out the message that they are still alive and well, after supposedly they blew themselves up. In the first season they had know choice to go of exploring the galexy to find zpms to help defend atlantis. After they effectivly fould the wraith into thinking they were destroyed they should not of went of world unlees thier was emergency situation or they found some thing in the atlantis database show a planet could be useful, season two had great potential in allowing the team to do what primarily goal of the expedition was explore atlantis and reverse engineer or discover the technology.
              Last edited by knowles2; 02 May 2006, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X