This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*gives GL a cookie* Good boy.

Unfortunately, I don't think confining Shep to Atlantis would help. He's too full of himself and his own superiority/immortality to heed warnings from anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      *gives GL a cookie* Good boy.

Unfortunately, I don't think confining Shep to Atlantis would help. He's too full of himself and his own superiority/immortality to heed warnings from anyone.
      You obviously don't understand the character, so don't pretend to.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
        You obviously don't understand the character, so don't pretend to.
        LOL Gatelover was only joking if I am not mistaken ... and Shadow should be ashamed of herself for trying to get people to think Lorne should lead the team that was sneaky
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hey gambit:

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          ... Respecting your fellow Forum Members is a MUST as well.
          Here's the thing: MY interpretation of the character of Sheppard is exactly right... by my standards. Just because YOU interpret his actions and behavior differently doesn't make you right, it just means that you interpret his actions/behavior differently.

For me, I find the character cocky, overly arrogant, and too full of himself self-assured to bother listening to advice very often. There are plenty of examples to "prove" me wrong, but it won't change how I see the character.

S2 has done a LOT of damage to my estimation of the character... but I was never too keen on him from the start.

I'm not advocating his death (which seems a silly thing to wish on a fictional character), but I do sincerely wish that they'd either allow him to start acting like an adult, or that they'd have him pay gravely for his actions and thus minimalize the character's presence on the show in favor of OTHER characters I find more enjoyable. Such as Lorne.

And shush, Tame, you're ruining my ploy.
          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 10 April 2006, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Well, after reading this thread one thing comes to mind.
            God, I never thought I'd say this, but...thank goodness TPTB are writing for Atlantis.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              Well, after reading this thread one thing comes to mind.
              God, I never thought I'd say this, but...thank goodness TPTB are writing for Atlantis.
              Pffft, you just lack imagination.

Only kidding. It's good to know some people are still happy with the direction of the show and with the portrayal of its main characters.

...Or are you as disenchanted as we are and simply think all our ideas suck?

Comment

Perhaps, well he can't command the Daedalus, he'd probably go off and stupidly try and take on every Wraith in the galaxy. Perhaps he could lead the F-302 squadren and become a recurring character? Still considering Weir's decision making so far, I'm hesitant to have her as the sole leader of Atlantis, if Lorne is in line for a promotion make him the Ranking military officer. If not, perhaps it's time to place Russian in? Show the international community a real gesture of friendship?

Comment

Pffft, you just lack imagination.

Only kidding. It's good to know some people are still happy with the direction of the show and with the portrayal of its main characters.

...Or are you as disenchanted as we are and simply think all our ideas suck?
                  Awww! I probably do lack imagination, so your insight serves you well, young padawan....

Ok, enough SW homage.

I actually like Sheppard, though I'm the first to admit season 2 has not been the best for him, in quite a few ways. I don't blame JF for any of that though, he's a great actor that regularly makes a silk purse from a sow's ear.

However, your insight also serves you well for the sucky ideas bit, sorry!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    LOL Gatelover was only joking if I am not mistaken ... and Shadow should be ashamed of herself for trying to get people to think Lorne should lead the team that was sneaky
                    Actually Tame that's how I see it, I wasn't joking in the least.

Comment

Well, Shep WAS a pilot, way back when. And he's flown an F-302 before.

Hmm... Would that mean we'd have to start calling him Apollo?

Wouldn't mind seeing more of the Daedalus. And more of that cutie Capt. Kleinman on the bridge crew.

(hey, a girl's gotta have her priorities )

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                        I'll save myself typing time. Keep SHEPPARD and kick Rodney off about six eps and there would be plenty of time for the OTHER characters. Shep isn't taking up screen time. That would be RODNEY.

Lots less Rodney would be lovely.
                        Rodney does have a lot of screen time, but love him, or hate him, Rodney isn't boring and he isn't involved with young gals on a regular basis. But I agree, we could have a bit less Rodney.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'm not advocating his death (which seems a silly thing to wish on a fictional character), but I do sincerely wish that they'd either allow him to start acting like an adult, or that they'd have him pay gravely for his actions and this minimalize the character's presence on the show in favor of OTHER characters I find more enjoyable. Such as Lorne.

You honestly think Lorne will be around forever? Military leader we see every once in a while. In my experience with these shows, it's only a matter of time before they kill him off. Not trying to scare you, but I've seen happen all the time.

Comment

*suddenly thirsts for blood*

Yes...yes, kill John...kill John Sheppard...kill Colonel John Sheppard...kill the Kirker...must die...yes..John must die...John must die....
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Have Zelenka out in the field more, instead. I bet he'd be a blast!

Comment

no, no, no, no. we loves shep! shep is me fav on atlantis. (don't know why i'm talking like that. lol ) but i did miss ford for a while. he just didn't seem as vital as some of the others. but i do miss him a little.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                                Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X