This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet
    So, why, 7,300 years later, at 700BC, ddi tehy chose to intervence with human Society & teach the Romans Latin & how to Build Roads?
    That aslo means they had 7,300 years of civilisation left in the Milkyway before they did that & die out...
    Nothing in the show has stated that they showed the Romans roads? I was relaying what was told so far!! And the show said they came back to earth 10,000 years ago. because they could win battles but could not win the war. (That was stated in the show also)

The show does not have all facts working with the real World, all it was stated that they came back and blended in with the people here. Would you live in a age with out fire or would you show them fire. They showed them some stuff but not everything. Do you also think they would look for there own kind before settling down, so may be that’s the time gap.
    LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
    "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
      Nothing in the show has stated that they showed the Romans roads? I was relaying what was told so far!! And the show said they came back to earth 10,000 years ago. because they could win battles but could not win the war. (That was stated in the show also)

The show does not have all facts working with the real World, all it was stated that they came back and blended in with the people here. Would you live in a age with out fire or would you show them fire. They showed them some stuff but not everything. Do you also think they would look for there own kind before settling down, so may be that’s the time gap.
      The Road things in an Early Ancient ep. Daniel Translates something and it says that... or something...

A 7,300 years searching period?! I can only go on for about 5 minutes before I give up searching for the Remote alone!

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
        lol because there was a great seige there must be some ships or pj posible crashed on the moon?

as ford would say moonic
        what moon i have never seen a moon in orbit around the atlantis planet i'm going to go and watch all the episodes in seasons 1 and 2 where they are in orbit above atlantis just to see if there is a moon.

Comment

perhaps some ship fell intothe ocean

Comment

It depends on how high the orbit is. A low orbit, say, less than 500 km in altitude then yeah. But once you reach the exosphere, about 500-1000 km above the surface of the earth then the gas is rarefied enough to be insignificant. Still, though, that's assuming a fairly circular orbit and I doubt most of that debris was in a perfect orbit (which leaves one to wonder about the debris field in Trinity. I guess some of the wraith must have entered a stable orbit there before being destroyed). Most likely the debris of any appreciable size was not in a stable orbit, probably more elliptical so that it dipped lower into the atmosphere, causing it to eventually succumb to drag. Of course, we may have destroyed some of it with the nukes in the Siege too.

Comment

Wasn't the War with the Wraith only soemthing about 2700 years ago? They came back & tought the Romans Latin & how to build Roads. The Roman Kingdom (Start of Romans) started in 700BC with the Roman Repulic & the Roman Empire pursuing it. If they came back to Earth 10,000 years ago, they'd have to wait 97,300 years for the Romans to appear!
              one question? 97,300 years?! are you using some other maths i dont know about!
              also it was a 100 years war.
              but the alterans left for pegsus between 5 and 10 million years ago so they were there along time, and the wraith have only been around for a sliver of that.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

So, why, 7,300 years later, at 700BC, ddi tehy chose to intervence with human Society & teach the Romans Latin & how to Build Roads?
                That aslo means they had 7,300 years of civilisation left in the Milkyway before they did that & die out...
                By this time the ancients' civilization had been destroyed by the plague *millions* of years before this. The remaining ancients didn't die off, they ascended.

10,000 (give or take a hundred) years ago the Lantians came back to the MW galaxy. They began to re-establish themselves here, they set up the Ancient Repository of Knowledges around the place (most ancient tech they've commented on in the show is around 10,000 years old if I recall correctly).
                This probably when the Asgard, Nox, Ancient, Furling alliance was founded - because it's unlikely that the Asgard would have been candidates for the alliance several million years ago before the ancients left (because as little as 50,000 years ago they had to use cryogenics for interstellar travel). It is highly unlikely they would have stayed on earth, because it was controlled by the Goa'uld during this time. We know the Ancients took to the stars during this period because the Ancient repositories of knowledge and other Ancient technology will not work for Goa'uld, indicating that they were designed when the goa'uld were a major power, and it's unlikely that the goa'uld were a major power before the ancients left to pegasus (several million years ago).

In this same time period, the goa'uld made frequent stops to earth and abducted people, earth was a friggin host-buffet open to every goa'uld with a ship and an appetite for power. Different goa'uld played on the religions of the different areas, the Asgard obviously freed/rescued a bunch of Norse from the goa'uld, or made all norse protected from them somehow - because they are all cast as gods in the Norse pantheon.

We know in western Europe at this time, and even prior (to the founding of Latin) ancients were on earth, but there couldn't possibly be that many of them, or they would not have allowed Chronos, Baal and others to enslave the humans. They blended into the cultures they lived in and were either scholars (or in Merlin's case much later on) wizards. These few ancients probably decided to try to enlighten people for their lifetime rather than ascend immediately.

So I figure when they came back from Atlantis, they left Earth - and 8,000 years or so later the few unascended ancients left returned to live amongst it's people.

Comment

Makes you wonder if any Ancients got abuducted along with the other humans during that time period.

Comment

for sure we shall have some surprises..i bet they will find a super Ancient battle cruiser in the end of the 3rd season.
                    "then to Tyolus: say to the people of the low plains, seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own house." Book of Origin

Comment

Originally posted by SeaQuestGateDSV-1
                      perhaps some ship fell intothe ocean

i think that that is a good idea

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by override367
                        By this time the ancients' civilization had been destroyed by the plague *millions* of years before this. The remaining ancients didn't die off, they ascended.

10,000 (give or take a hundred) years ago the Lantians came back to the MW galaxy. They began to re-establish themselves here, they set up the Ancient Repository of Knowledges around the place (most ancient tech they've commented on in the show is around 10,000 years old if I recall correctly).
                        This probably when the Asgard, Nox, Ancient, Furling alliance was founded - because it's unlikely that the Asgard would have been candidates for the alliance several million years ago before the ancients left (because as little as 50,000 years ago they had to use cryogenics for interstellar travel). It is highly unlikely they would have stayed on earth, because it was controlled by the Goa'uld during this time. We know the Ancients took to the stars during this period because the Ancient repositories of knowledge and other Ancient technology will not work for Goa'uld, indicating that they were designed when the goa'uld were a major power, and it's unlikely that the goa'uld were a major power before the ancients left to pegasus (several million years ago).

In this same time period, the goa'uld made frequent stops to earth and abducted people, earth was a friggin host-buffet open to every goa'uld with a ship and an appetite for power. Different goa'uld played on the religions of the different areas, the Asgard obviously freed/rescued a bunch of Norse from the goa'uld, or made all norse protected from them somehow - because they are all cast as gods in the Norse pantheon.

We know in western Europe at this time, and even prior (to the founding of Latin) ancients were on earth, but there couldn't possibly be that many of them, or they would not have allowed Chronos, Baal and others to enslave the humans. They blended into the cultures they lived in and were either scholars (or in Merlin's case much later on) wizards. These few ancients probably decided to try to enlighten people for their lifetime rather than ascend immediately.

So I figure when they came back from Atlantis, they left Earth - and 8,000 years or so later the few unascended ancients left returned to live amongst it's people.

Ahhh.... I see. Thanks. The only problem I have with your explaination is that you said that there couldn't have be many of them. I'll have to disagree, it would most likely take a bunch of them to Start a whole language off, (I'm wondering, it could be possible that the mythalogical founders of Rome, Romulus & Remus, or the actual founders of Rome, were Lantien?) also, think about it, they return to Earth after centuries of bairly an inhabitants (apart form a few remaining Lantiens), all there tech was probably moved to Atlantis type ships or Destroyed. They blend in with the population, inspiring them into greater wisdom & knowledge aparantly. If the Goa'uld came & abducted parts of different civilisisations, the Lantiens would:

A) be unaware of it (the Goa'uld seemed to act in secret, there's no story's about Pyramids abducting entire towns) also, the World's a big place with no Advanced Llantien Communications.

B) Be unable to do anything, they have no Tech, so stopping Giant, Sheilded Pyramids with only Catapults, etc would be of no avail. Ground Troops with Swords, Spears, Sheiklds, etc would be no match against Staff Weapons or Unas's (the Jaffa came later, didn't they? They needed time to breed/Geneticly Engineer them), they would be hopeless. Also, there's no remains of Crashed Goa'uld Ships on Earth or in Orbit, so there probably wasn't any victory against them.

So, there might have been tens of thousands of them, but they were scattered around the world & undefended.

Comment

Maybe they left some ships in the MW as a fallback. Otherwise it is very hard to evacuate a technologically advanced civilization.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            Maybe they left some ships in the MW as a fallback. Otherwise it is very hard to evacuate a technologically advanced civilization.
                            The Ancients (Alterans/Lantiens) seem to be quite Nomadic, moving from 1 Galaxy to the Next, Planet to Planet. They moved from the Ori Home Galaxy to the Milky Way to Pegasus. They then Moved from Planet to Planet there! They probably have all sorts of Evacuation plans, (Such as in Before I Sleep, they seemed quite prepared for leaving).

I don't think they'd be willing to leave Tech behind, they seemed to not want to interfeer with lower beings even when they were Mortal beings besides Ascended Entities. The Dakara Weapon was Hidden & Coded, Merlin's Cabin was Sheilded, Merlins Device is Hidden & Coded & we've not seen any Alteran ships around.

I see the only reason that they left so much Tech in Pegasus was that they were unable to retreive it, either that is was too damaged to move & stay intact with the wraith (Orion), immovable & destructive (Acturus) or that the terrertroy it was in was lost to the Wraith so they had little time to destroy/move it.

The Reason whyb they left Atlantis behind was due to the fact tehy were expecting to Return/Someone to return. I don't think they expected to return to ther Milky Way what with all the Plague & Such. The Only devices left intact were Key Ones, such as the Dakara Device, which they would need to re-restore life again if it was repeatedly wiped-out by the plague. Merlin's Devices were built after the return, so that can be ruled out. Also it was "illegal" so to speak, interfering with Lesser Beings, as was the Time Jumper. Other tech was either stored away in warehouses (Quantum Mirror (?), Sight Unssen Bug Device) or was destructive (Apophis's Gate Destrucition Weapon/ Time Loop Device (It would probably be destructive destroying it) or was purposly placed there (Repository of Knowledge).

I doubt they'd have left ships (which are quite movable), unless for specific reasons- such as the 3 Cities of Merlin's, which could be Atlantis type ships.

Comment

Originally posted by alteraan
                              for sure we shall have some surprises..i bet they will find a super Ancient battle cruiser in the end of the 3rd season.

i so whish

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Working...
                              X