Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you Be angry if the Wraith turned out tobe ancients gone rouge?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that maybe the "Bug" that feed upon the humans and maybe a couple of ancients, and maybe at one time the ancients didn't see them as a threat......

Spoiler:
    FROM RISING....."In our over confidence" that sugests to me that they originally saw them how the asgard saw the goa'uld until of course, it was too late.

I think that they were too over confident.

So, to answer the question......I doubt that the wraith will turn out to be "rogue" ancients.
    Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
    The Strongest Will Survive!
    I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

I thought the Ori were Ancients gone rogue...not wraiths.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

well it could be explained that the wraith were in hibernation for thousands of years or that they took a diffrent evolution then current atlanteans. But it seemed to connect right. But the writers keep hinting at it right. The wraith have great mind powers like atlanteans, they have a similar language *the only diffrence is that its a form of ancient used millions of years ago*, they have similar technology, but more primitive, and etc. I just have the odd feeling the writers are going pull the rug on us on what we currently belieave as the truth. Remember when sg1 started, we started with the premise the gould created the stargates, and were the first to discover humans, till they introduce the whole ancient alliance, and ancient storyline. Pulling the rug on everything we belieaved tobe true under us. And not to mention how we thought ancients evolved on earth, but they are actually aliens from a galaxy far far away.

Originally posted by Bragi
        Well, I guess it all depends on how it happened. I just don't see it being easily reconciled, seeing as how Wraith technology was vastly inferior to Ancient technology. The only reason they won the war was because of sheer numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
          I thought the Ori were Ancients gone rogue...not wraiths.
          Weren't the Alterans technically rogue Ori?

Comment

No, The Alterans & The Ori were One Big Happy Race, when there was a chism. The Big Happy Race split in two- with one side choosing Religious Domination, whilst the Other side choosing Scientific Research. Neither of them are rougue

It's like Vietnam. Once was a single country but then split into two separate States- North Vietnam choosing Comunist, South Vietnam Choosing Capitalist & with both sides fighting- but Comunist Winning.

(^ Basic Explaination, ignoring Japanese & French Intrusion & China & USSR support of the North & USA support of the South & Geneva Accords).

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
              I was just wondering, the biggest mystery of the wraith was that there language was similar to atlantean language, but thousands of years ago. Would you be angry if it just turned out, that the Wraith are atlanteans turned rouge. They wanted to survive the ancient plague by turning themselves into vampires, and the other atlanteans came to stop them.
              I would be very annoyed yes.

But if I had to go with something similar I would rather a variation that would allow for a small set of ancients leaving for Pegasus at some point before Atlantis left, as a scout perhaps. They would be the ones that encountered the bugs. This would allow more time for evolution... I think. I don't know how this would fit with the current story and timeline but it may have worked better to start with, Instead of the wraith evolving side by side with humans, completely unnoticed.

I'd just as soon avoid any vampire references. Any advanced race who made that choice would lose IQ points.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Would you Be angry if the Wraith turned out tobe ancients gone rouge?
                What, like French Communists?

(runs and hides)

Comment

Not gonna happen.

for two good reasons.

1) We know the Wraith evolved from bugs.

2) The Wraith are not intelligent in the ways of Ancient technology...not to the degree the REAL Ancients are.

Also...the Wraith survive on instinct...all though we are seeing that the more their psychic bonds are broken the more intelligent they are getting.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Nope, why should I care if they overdo the blusher? Just makes them look silly.
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

ive been wondering this also but i wonder how the wraith got there tech in the first place... there must be some Wraith who were Ancient scientist's studying the plant's makin life like they do..

Comment

we dont know if they evolved from bugs at all. Rodney just theorized that it could be one of the reasons. and its so like the sg PWB to pull the rugs from under us right. We all thought the ancients evolved on earth, but that was pulled from under us. We all thought current humans were the first humans on earth but that was pulled. so was the gould creating the stargates. Or how about the gould being a race, from only being one alien like Ra. Its not unprecedented and its all the usual for sg PWB to shake everything we know as true, and change everything. They have been leaving so many clues lately that there leading to the wraith as being bad ancients. Remember how they change michael into a human.

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                        Not gonna happen.

for two good reasons.

1) We know the Wraith evolved from bugs.

2) The Wraith are not intelligent in the ways of Ancient technology...not to the degree the REAL Ancients are.

Also...the Wraith survive on instinct...all though we are seeing that the more their psychic bonds are broken the more intelligent they are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                          I was just wondering, the biggest mystery of the wraith was that there language was similar to atlantean language, but thousands of years ago. Would you be angry if it just turned out, that the Wraith are atlanteans turned rouge. They wanted to survive the ancient plague by turning themselves into vampires, and the other atlanteans came to stop them.
                          Angry? No I think that this is an interesting idea.
                          But I still stick to my own theory that the Wraith are a weapon created by the ancients (maybe to fight the Ori) which get out of control than that they are former Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Yume
                            Angry? No I think that this is an interesting idea.
                            But I still stick to my own theory that the Wraith are a weapon created by the ancients (maybe to fight the Ori) which get out of control than that they are former Ancients.
                            Wow. They dislike the Ori so they create the Wraith, the Wraith turn on them so they create the Asurans, the Asurans turn on them so they create Humans?... They like getting other races to fight their battles for them...

Comment

Maybe the Wraith had already branched off from the Iratus Insect before the Ancients arrived and were slightly humanoid, but Lanteans and Pegasus Galaxy humans made them more so. They might have used technology they already had to add human/Ancient genes to their own, and they wouldn't have had a language of their own yet because of their telepathy

Comment

I'd be more upset if the Wraith and the Gou'ald turned out to be a biological
                                WMD. Used by both Ancients and Ori in their "war".

Comment

Working...
                                X