Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we not see ring transporters in Pegasus yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be cool to have them in one episode when they go off planet if they went to an old outpost or something but it doesn't need to be a staple of Atlantis, we have all kinds of other transporters for that.
    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I may well be wrong, but I was under the impression that transport rings are Go'uld technology and therefore as no Go'uld are in Pegasus there wouldn't be any rings either. The omnipedia seems to suggest they are Go'uld...

Comment

Originally posted by mikleyman2
        I may well be wrong, but I was under the impression that transport rings are Go'uld technology and therefore as no Go'uld are in Pegasus there wouldn't be any rings either. The omnipedia seems to suggest they are Go'uld...
        "A Ring Transporter (or ring teleporter) is a transportation device originally developed and used by the Ancients but now manufactured and used almost exclusively by the Goa'uld and their enemy, the Tok'ra."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_Transporter

Remember that the Goa'uld are scavengers, they take other people's technology and make it their own.

Comment

I think it'd be neat to see them on ships as a backup transportation system.

Personally, I think they're not used as much anymore for cost.

Thinking fx, it'd be cheaper to do the asgard beam than the ring tech, or at least it'd seem that way. They probably only did the rings for so long because the movie already showed them.

Comment

There's always Season 3 to look forward to. You never know when the ring transporter might be used again.

Comment

Since Atlantis has the transporter closets, it cuts down the need for Rings. However, as someone else mentioned, Rings would still be good for quick transport between a ship in orbit and a planet's surface. Maybe
              Spoiler:
              we'll see someone use Rings to transport from the Orion to Atlantis in season 3.
              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Are we sure that the rings came from the Ancients originally? The Goa'uld could have pirated them off of another race.

Comment

No, it's definately Ancient. For one, the Ori had them, and for another, the cavern beneath Glaston Tor had them, and it was host to Ancient treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                    Indeed, they have the little lift things where they walk in and are transported away. MW galaxy and PG galaxy ancient tech tends to be very different for some reason.

Because the Pegasus galaxy is a newer inhabitation, you would expect upgraded techs... rings may have been outdated where transporters came in, hence why you may not see them.
                    The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Working...
                    X