Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming close to even the lowest relativistic velocities is WAAAY out of our capacity.

Using a 400m coil-gun(which is a MAC) at 250,000G the resulting projectile would have a velocity of around 40km/s. This is probably what we could except from Earth in SG1.

Comment

i should thik if we plugged a few naquadah gens into the MAC it wouyld get a better speed! or more coils in the gun seeing as Force = BIL u only need a high ampage and magnetic flux density..... the length (of the cannon) would be a constant so that wouldnt matter, so u we can quite easily make a better one than the one under the alps!!! think cool tech here ppl and stop putting it down coz we dont have the tech, they might have it in Stargate so dont knock it!

Comment

Originally posted by happyclappy
        i should thik if we plugged a few naquadah gens into the MAC it wouyld get a better speed! or more coils in the gun seeing as Force = BIL u only need a high ampage and magnetic flux density..... the length (of the cannon) would be a constant so that wouldnt matter, so u we can quite easily make a better one than the one under the alps!!! think cool tech here ppl and stop putting it down coz we dont have the tech, they might have it in Stargate so dont knock it!
        From what i read on Railguns (similar to a MAC but on a smaller scale) the problem in the SG1 universe wouldn't be supplying the energy requirements, it would be in keeping the damn gun from exploding under the tramendous forces that eject the projectile. That and, in space, firing a projectile that large would have one hell of a kick, totally messing with your ship's trajectory.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

considering a rep block penetrated thor's ship's shields

Comment

Working...
          X