X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout self replicating space mine... opps been done
    Cloked mines....
    How bout mines they only detinate when they detect living wraith DNA with in a close distance.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar06
      Personally taking on the wraith ship, with a ship to ship attitude isn't the answer. I think that we need to think the way that the azgard think about us with the replicators. They needed a more primitive approach they would never think of that is to risky. For example, how about going a little more with the style of fighter and bombers. Think the wraith ships don't have conventional sheilds, if we lets say make a type of bunker buster enhanced warhead with our reactors thats something they have never defended against. Sure it may not solve the problem totally but it's something they haven't come against.

I don't know how far through S2 you have watched, they have tried firing warheads/missles a few times throughout the season. Yet not one has gotten through. Even rail guns, which projectiles are a million times samller can't get through. So really what chance does something that size have of making it.

Afraid to say, but the primitive approach is all that they've done this year. In the finale they take 302's to the Hive ships, yet they do nothing at all. Partly because the fact that they can blast out any projectiles long before they even reach the hull of the ship. Then the fact that Daedalus only has a handful of 302's compared to many more times the amount of Darts. Which launch when the 302's come out.

Their warheads are powerful enough, just they are too slow to hit their target. So it's a more high tech apporach that's required, which is obviously energy weapons. Without them, there isn't anything that can be done by Daedalus to harm them. It can't beam, it's rail guns don't do anything but scratch the surface of the ships. Which because it's minor damage then the hull heals itself. The warheads are powerful enough, just they are too large & too slow to even make it to their target.

So only with Drones or energy weapons, can they inflict serious damage tom the Wraith ships.

Comment

Ship to ship tactics wont work against the Wraith considering they outnumber humanity even. They have more darts then earth has f-302s, they have more hiveships then earth has daedulus. Best bet is to keep with the current tactics almost.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The current strategy that they have us useless. It always involves attempting to beam, when they know they can't, then comes the rail guns. Which in all their use, haven't even produced a single explosion to make it all worthwhile.

They have the Jaffa, go get some old ships from them, strip the weapons down. Go ask the Asgard to design some, in 'Disclosure' Thor said he had come to install weapons on Prometheus. There was an ep where either Ronson or Pendergast said to charge up the main weapon, yet never saw or heard anything then or since. After over 3 years of charging around the galaxy like this, we are eventually told that the Asgard don't like providing other races with anything that could potentially be used against them, then it's simply design a much dumbed down energy weapons that's based on their own tech. It won't be able to even scratch their shields but could possibly cause damage to other enemies ships. Such as Jaffa if it's needed in the future, the Lucain Alliance, Ori, new S10 enemies & of course over on Atlantis, the Wraith & soon to be seen Hot Zone virus creators. After all, the Asgard didn't mind when human weapons were used to help them defeat the Reps on numerous occassions.

Then there are other possible sources, such as Felgers Avenger weapons, the Tok'ra who could easily give them Goa'uld weapons designs, or even some of their past allies who have had them.

Bascially what I'm trying to say, is that it's getting very repetitive to see them either getting advanced ancient tech, then see it destroyed. The exact same things has happened so many times on Sg-1 that I've gone past counting anymore. Then combine that with the fact that we are told these are the brightest people on Earth & TPTB & cast bragging in interviews about how they like the realism of the show.

If they wanted realism then, considering they know what's going to happen each & every time they come up against the Wraith. They would go out of their way to aquire some form of more powerful energy weapon. Even if that involves asking or trading for a damaged Al'kesh, then they can strip the weapons off that, it may not be much but at least it's a start.

Comment

Slight problem though being that regardless what humanity did for the Asgard they are hardly going to hand even a fraction of their technology just like that to humanity unless its supervised. Seems to be they follow the philisophy that if you cant make advanced technology on your own then you arnt good enough to use it. I mean its not like they had only good relations with humans, remember when the NID stole Asgard tech? True they were rogue and happened a long time ago but it maybe something thats telling the Asgard that no matter what threat humanity faces it would be better that they faced it without Asgard technology that could potentially destroy them later.

As for the Tok'ra, relations i think are at an all time low and even if they werent i dont think they would try to give the higher up Goa'uld tech mainly because of something that Selmac said. Remember when he said that you can't just slap an airforce sticker on something and say its yours. Seems to be that the Tok'ra find humanity too primitive to be entrusted with such technology also.

Also the Jaffa seem to have taken a proud like look recently and doubt they would readily give a mothership to humanity. You would think that at least for helping them that they would be a bit more friendly but thats not entirely the case here.

The Felger thing i think would work and a better bet then such allies. I mean it was an energy based weapon, I think it was plasma related.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

what we can do is to use the f302 or the jumpers to deliver the nukes to the hive ships and use the daedalus as a decoy.

Comment

I like the idea of a release function on a jumper to deliver a nuke. We've seen similar things done when sheppard was stuck in that one world with faster time.

Using a cloaked jumper, would hide it and the nuke from the wraith, and wouldnt give them a chance to run, the Nuke explodes as the jumper leaves.. Bam. Dead.

However in Allies We seen Spoiler

That the Wraith gave us codes, although they were changed codes, our asgard buddy said something like "i dont think i could figure out the new codes in the time allowed." Obviously hes going to figure it out.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I dont know if anyone thpught of this..If Hive ships are in some part organic than as organic mater they, maybe, can infect it in some way....as in ST Voyager...

Comment

Well if atlantis was cloaked then surlley the deddy could be. I know they had the ZPM at Atlantis but what about parking all the jumpers in or around the ship then expanding the cloak to cover sections of it(similar to expanding the shield in Grace under pressure). Then get upclose and personal to the hives and fire nukes into the dart bays. Then simply move to the next target or run.
                    aka paddytehpyro

Comment

I agree the answer is in infecting the ships somehow with a virus perhaps the ships even share enough genetic code with wraith that the retrovirus could be re-worked to effect the ships.

Also a tactic that has never come up is the "Picard Manouver" i.e enter hyperspace and exit seconds later right next to a hive launch a high yield nuke close enough that it can't be intercepted and launch immediatly back into hyperspace

Comment

Well if atlantis was cloaked then surlley the deddy could be. I know they had the ZPM at Atlantis but what about parking all the jumpers in or around the ship then expanding the cloak to cover sections of it(similar to expanding the shield in Grace under pressure). Then get upclose and personal to the hives and fire nukes into the dart bays. Then simply move to the next target or run.
                        Expanding the shield from one PJ, even activating it for that matter. Almost depleted the PJ's power supply in a very short time. Around 30mins or so. So while the cloak doesn't draw nearly enough power as the shield. Expanding it to something the size of Daedalus, which some have said is around 400/450m's long, with it being a couple hundred m's wide. Then that would drain them down.

Also using Atlantis entire fleet to fly beside Daedalus in a claoking formation, would be from a military POV a very risky & silly thing to do. PJ's are too valuable, so while the cloak is active on them, the shield isn't. Therefore if the Wraith start flying blind, one hit from a cruiser or Hive ship will send it into little pieces.

Then the fact that PJ's don't have HS capabilities, so if they get into trouble, Daedalus couldn't jump & would have to remain using sublight to try & escape.

The answer is much simpler though, they took out a cloaking generator from a PJ & intergrated it into the Atlantis systems. So that it ran directly off the ZPM that was powering the city. So seeing that they can intergrate ZPM's into the Human/Asgard systems. Then interfacing a cloaking generator into Daedalus should provide no problems for McKay/Hermy & Zelenka at all.

This to me, is a pretty big plot hole. The fact that they thought of doing it to Atlantis, yet while the Wraith thought it had been destroyed. 3/4 times since 'The Siege 3' that they've come into contact with Wraith ships. So they have Daedalus crusing around the galaxy in plain sight, when using the cloaking generator, could allow them to sneak up behind or beside a Hive ship & then lauch a few warheads into the hangar bay/engines/bridge etc & totally take it out.

Also a tactic that has never come up is the "Picard Manouver" i.e enter hyperspace and exit seconds later right next to a hive launch a high yield nuke close enough that it can't be intercepted and launch immediatly back into hyperspace
                        Don't think this can be done in SG. In 'Allies', Daedalus dropped out & by them, they launched their weapons while it hadn't even been out for a second. Then in 'The Siege III', 'Allies' etc, the Wraith ships could be detected before they dropped out of HS. So me thinks that unless the ships were distracted & fighting each other or something like that, then they'd notice the approaching contact & already be waiting with weapons ready.

Comment

Yes but the scenario in Allies was drastically different than to a combat situation. In Allies both Hive's were waiting at a pre-arranged time and spatial co-ordinates. The wraith had prior knowledge of when and where the dedy would be. In a combat situation or a heading into combat situaion the wraith would'nt know the dedy was around unless they too can detect ships in hyperspace. Which still doesn't exclude using the tactic.

Ok so here's an example scenario. Atlantis detects lets say 4 Hives on approach and they'll arrive in 2 weeks. Atlantis maps there next hyperspace pit stop and arrange for the dedy to be just outside the sensor range of the Hives. Meanwhile a lone pj sits cloaked and pinpoints exact co-ordinates for a series of hyperspace jumps to within metres of all the hives and relays them to the dedy. They wait for the pj to leave the expected blast radii and start their jumps and at each stop they launch a high yield naquida(sp) enhanced warhead. At the last jump they rendevous with the pj and head home. A rather simple ambush tactic that anyone trained in military guerilla warfare tactics could figure out. You know like say the commander of the marine contingent based at atlantis.

Comment

perhaps some sort of flesh-eating bacteria would work =)

Not that I think the Wraith would develop a ship that could so easily be defeated. There's nothing stopping the ship from having an "immune system"

Comment

why dont they develope some kind of MAC (magnetic accelerator cannon) like they use in halo. they could make large rounds which would be accelerated to near light speed. fire them at the hive ships so that they impace at near light speed, they will tear through the ships causing power surges and explosions which would basicly cripple the hive. if the managed to fire a round from one end to the other of a hive it would basicaly vaporise them.

and this is totaly within out tech ability, the japanese have trains which work on this principal....and u only need a magnetic metal to make the rounds...and there is plenty of iron in the galaxy so it would make a very interesting weapon... and they wouldnt be able to stop the rounds as the wraith have no shields!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kohar
                                Yes but the scenario in Allies was drastically different than to a combat situation. In Allies both Hive's were waiting at a pre-arranged time and spatial co-ordinates. The wraith had prior knowledge of when and where the dedy would be. In a combat situation or a heading into combat situaion the wraith would'nt know the dedy was around unless they too can detect ships in hyperspace. Which still doesn't exclude using the tactic.
                                It was only 1 Hive ship, the so called 'friendly' one that was to be there for a little practice run first.

While they may have known the coordinates. The timing couldn't have been put down exactly. The Hive left first, then Daedalus followed on a little later. They will have given them a rough time of when they would catch up with them, but not exact down to the last second. So when it dropped out, they must have already detected it, because they had already started firing before the it had even fully got to the corrdiantes.

The same in 'The Siege III', Daedalus detected them a few seconds before they jumped out of HS. So they can definitely be detected prior to arrival. So unless they were in a battle of sorts & had their priorities assigned elsewhere, then whoever is responsible for monitoring the sensors would pick it up, then because they communicate telepatically, it'd be known instantly & weapons would be fired.

Another possible other thing that could put such manoeuver into touch, would be exact jumping points, without having someone there, then it'd be almost impossible to jump to an exact spot. It may be okay if the ships aren't moving, or if they're in route & you know where they will be coming out of HS. So may have a sec or two to try & get something launched at them before they can respond to it.

If timing is perfected to the last nanosecond, then they could do something that could damage the Hive ships. I think the warheads are more than powerul enough to do the job, it's simply getting them to their target which is another thing altogether. The extreme danger if you knew the exact coordinates to jump to. Would be getting too close to a Hive ship. Look at the dameg their weapons can do from a good bit away to the Daedalus shields. So if it were to come in real close, then the impacts from their weapons would be greatly increased. In those few secs it takes to launch & jump. I'd bet a Hive would get in at least a couple of shots. At those ranges though, I honestly wouldn't like to see the damage caused by their weapons. After all, in 'Allies', the first few hits caused internal damage to the ship.

I'd rather they used the more conventional approache & installed a PJ cloaking generator. While PJ's either have to choose between the cloak or the weapons & so can only do one or the other & not both together.

Daedalus could easily launch the warheads while cloaked. Although we all know they'd never do this, because it would be far too easy & Daedalus could wipe them all out in a matter of days.

While that may be easy, I don't like the fact that it was them that introduced the idea in the first place & then simply ignored the most obvious next step after Atlantis, which was to cloak the Daedalus. They could have given the Wraith a way of seeing round the cloak & pointing the blame at the human or asgard tech as the weak link. At least it shows they addressed the issue, instead of simply ignoring what would be a very logical choice of action to have taken after they had cloaked the city itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X