Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically couldn't Weir put whoever she wanted in charge. She is the leader of the expedition.

Comment

I assumed Zelenka was in charge simply because Teyla has absolutely no working knowledge of the city's systems. We have never seen her use a computer, or have anything to do with city operations. All we have seen her do is stick fighting or going off world on Shep's team. She met the group before Zelenka walked into the room, but that doesn't mean she held responsibility for the entire city. Basically she responsible for the Athosian issues, but I doubt she is in the loop for command of the city. She simply does not have the education or experience to lead Ph.D's or military personnel.

Agree that it is too bad we don't have Joe to run to with these sticklers anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Both of you are extreme Shep/Teyla shippers so naturally you want Teyla front and center in every scene, but the fact of the matter is, neither the Pentagon, the SGC, nor the UN would accept Teyla (an alien) in charge of the Atlantis base. Counting dialogue lines won't change that.

This actually would have been a good question for Joe Mallozzi. God rest his soul.
        Kiddo, stop trying to project your extreme views on to me. I'm not a shipper so don't try to pull that weak, childish fall back argument with me. And what does "wanting Teyla to be front and center in every scene" have to do with the fact that I proved that she had a very tiny part in this episode? What are you talking about?

I enjoy the SGA characters but I'm not obsessed with them as you appear to be. And I certainly don't hate any characters to the point where I froth at the mouth and launch into attack mode whenever they are mentioned.

The irony is that I agreed with you that Earth would never accept a alien being in charge of Atlantis. You are the one who couldn't leave it at that and decided to "count lines" because people "only see what they want to see." I can't believe that was giving you the benefit of a doubt and was supposing that you just didn't remember the episode. I see now that I was wrong... you were just seeing what you wanted to see. A tip for you kid, life is too short to sweat the small stuff... lighten up.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Both of you are extreme Shep/Teyla shippers so naturally you want Teyla front and center in every scene, but the fact of the matter is, neither the Pentagon, the SGC, nor the UN would accept Teyla (an alien) in charge of the Atlantis base. Counting dialogue lines won't change that.

This actually would have been a good question for Joe Mallozzi. God rest his soul.

Well it seems to take one to know one...hmmmm?! I'm far from an extreme.....my interest relies on Ford coming back, and also the nerds...but if I have to choose a ship...I choose Teyla/John...but as for my favorite of all characters..John/Teyla are not front and center. McKay takes over anything and everythign..then Zalenka....I love them both.

I'm telling the truth of the scene...that anyone with eyes can really see. I mean it's in the episode. What more do you want? I'm not even counting dialogue lines or anything. I'm going by the scene itself.

And when has Weir ever really paid attention to what the Pentagon or anyone in authority has said...especially since she's in charge of Atlantis and fights for what she wants. Not to mention...I wonder where Teyla learned to use the comp...she must have been given some training..because she said she made up a back up copy or whatever and handed it to john...done!!

And Maxbo is not a shipper by the way!
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
            Technically couldn't Weir put whoever she wanted in charge. She is the leader of the expedition.
            You're probably right, she could put whomever she wanted in charge.

Originally posted by GateLadyM
            I assumed Zelenka was in charge simply because Teyla has absolutely no working knowledge of the city's systems. We have never seen her use a computer, or have anything to do with city operations. All we have seen her do is stick fighting or going off world on Shep's team. She met the group before Zelenka walked into the room, but that doesn't mean she held responsibility for the entire city. Basically she responsible for the Athosian issues, but I doubt she is in the loop for command of the city. She simply does not have the education or experience to lead Ph.D's or military personnel.
            Your assumptions about Zelenka being in charge makes sense, however, Zelenka knows as much about military defense as Teyla knows about computers so it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that perhaps they were both holding down the fort.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Helo

Exactly my point....

As she has no working knowledge..she could be taught. I dont' think Weir knew what she was donig when she first stepped in the helm..she had the scientist fiddle with it..and then explain it to her, and they could have done that for Teyla. And Teyla is the best in the missions and can lead them..since she has working knowledge of the galaxy and knows what to look for.
              VB

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                Your assumptions about Zelenka being in charge makes sense, however, Zelenka knows as much about military defense as Teyla knows about computers so it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that perhaps they were both holding down the fort.
                This is why I thought in the end they shared duties which I had posted. One dealt with one thing and the other off base missions...it just made sense for them to share the duties...
                VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                  This is why I thought in the end they shared duties which I had posted. One dealt with one thing and the other off base missions...it just made sense for them to share the duties...
                  VB
                  That's what I thought, too. It just made sense to me.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

Interesting thread. I have discovered:

1. Zelenka is an Irish drunk.

2. VB hates Weir, then defends her because she thinks Weir put Teyla in charge.

3. I see the issue of sock puppets ganging up on other posters is still going on at GW.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
                      Interesting thread. I have discovered:

3. I see the issue of sock puppets ganging up on other posters is still going on at GW.
                      What are "sock puppets" and where do you see anyone "ganging" up on posters? If your answer has anything to do with militant shipper bull****, then don't bother responding because I'm not interested.

*sigh* Sometimes, going through this forum is like tip toeing through a minefield. I don't give a damn about whether a poster loves or hates the SGA characters as long as they can hold rational discussions about them.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Zelenka came forward and was definitely in charge. SGC and the Pentagon would never allow an alien (Teyla) to be left in charge of a base.
                        I imagine that Teyla was left in charge of the search for Ford. That makes a tremendous amount of sense, and is supported by the actual dialogue of the final scene of Intruder, where she's asked if there's news from her offworld contacts. She's the person they'd probably be relying on for such information anyway, so it makes sense to leave her in charge of intelligence gathering.

I definitely agree that there's no way the Pentagon or the new international oversight committee (though I suppose that might not have been formed yet) would be comfortable with leaving the base in the command of an alien ally, so I imagine that while she was in charge of that particular activity and probably had her finger on the pulse of everything else going on in the city, Zelenka was running the science stuff, and someone from the military was running the military stuff. Lorne is the highest ranking person we know of other than Sheppard and Caldwell, so we could speculate that he's the second in command and was in charge, unless there's canon I'm forgetting that states when he arrived in Atlantis. I figure it was either in Siege II or III.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

A 3-way chain of command is what I had imagined. I envisioned Zelenka in Elizabeth's role as overall leader and Teyla and Lorne sharing off-world military and Atlantis-based military-related duties. Teyla probably spear headed anything outside of Altantis and Lorne probably oversaw anything military-related within Atlantis.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

A 3-way chain of command is what I had imagined. I envisioned Zelenka in Elizabeth's role as overall leader and Teyla and Lorne sharing off-world military and Atlantis-based military-related duties. Teyla probably spear headed anything outside of Altantis and Lorne probably oversaw anything military-related within Atlantis.

I agree with both Melyana (some what) and definitely maxbo...so why the need for a direct attack, I don't appecriate people thinking they know me, when they don't know me from crap..when I was responding to the dialogue and the show itself...people need to grow up!

But yeah that makes perfect sense..that's her main role on Shep's team is his off world contact. And I do see Lorne in charge of On world....I wasn't sure though if Lorne was there at the time though...but that's definitely the probable. And then Zalenka as leader of the scientists. Under any kind of attack I think Lorne would take charge though but would have meetings with Teyla and Zalenka..as Teyla could handle speakign to a few of the people to help in fighting back.

Good scenario there!!

Comment

Guys, i think we need a little refresher on the gateworld rules the most basic of which happens to be 'respect your fellow posters'

calling people names is not a sign of respect.

The bad thing about typing is that many aspects of the converstaion are lost, including gestures and tone of voice that might indicate that a person is joking instead of being serious. so...it's usually best to err on the side of caution and not call someone a name unless you personally know that person.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Common sense dictates that Teyla, by the sheer virtue of being an alien, would never be officially left in charge of Atlantis just like Teal'c has never assumed command of the SGC. Protocols and provisions for situations where both Weir and Sheppard are absent must exist which means they were approved by TPTB on Earth. Now, I know that it looked as though she was left in some sort of position of power in The Intruder (she was probably in charge of the off-world missions as previously suggested), but with Weir, Sheppard, McKay, Caldwell and Beckett gone and Grodin dead, I assume Zelenka would take command whereas Lorne would be the ranking military officer.
                                *sigh* Sometimes, going through this forum is like tip toeing through a minefield. I don't give a damn about whether a poster loves or hates the SGA characters as long as they can hold rational discussions about them.
                                It DOES feel like walking through a minefield because some posters refuse to accept that just because Rachel Luttrell is on the credits, it doesn't mean her character is automatically senior in the fictional universe as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X