This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Anyway I do hope they give some good backstory and keep the womanizing on the low, although unlike most people I don't begrudge him that, mainly because he is a healthy male, and female companionship is a bit hard......
    It isn't the women, it is they way TPTB write it when he encounters women...like the women have a pulse, so he will obviously be hitting on them, alright flirting if we are going to play nice here, but why every women? Ronon is a hot blooded male, he doesn't hit on every women in fact *poor* Ronon is in a worse state then McKay. No the motivation for Sheppard is what is disappointing, if he is just in it for some sex fine, but lets be honest about it...he is 40ish, he is not getting any younger, despite where he is and what they go through, he wants to have kids, I mean look at how well he gets along with them he must...you are not going to get all that by loving 'em and leaving 'em.

He doesn't even seem to care about them after the fact...again it is TPTB with the writing but this is the only way to interpret the character on what they give us. I don't want him to be 'pure' I just want him to feel something for these women that is not all X rated.

At least O'Neill did have a kid maybe even another one. See I brought Jack and his flirtations, never had a problem with them because I knew there was pain in his past. I want some of that with Sheppard before it is too late to think of him as anything more them a manh0re.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose

He doesn't even seem to care about them after the fact...again it is TPTB with the writing but this is the only way to interpret the character on what they give us. I don't want him to be 'pure' I just want him to feel something for these women that is not all X rated.
      Maybe that's the way the writers perceive women? I see nothing wrong with smiling, flirting, but quite honestly, Shep seems more than the 'wham-bam-thank you ma'am' type. I realize that long-term relationships don't work for episodic TV (due to syndication factors) I don't think anybody expects any of the characters to be celibate but if the writers are going to portray sex, at least be realistic about it...

Comment

Working...
      X