X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised
    oh lookie what we have here.
    We saw Michael, we saw everything. A character as round as Elizabeth deserves everyone's respect. Oh wait, not yours. Well I guess we can make one exception.
    Frankly - I'm with her. I've never liked Weir, but Michael was the nail in the coffin.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Characters, much like real people, EARN my respect... and if they behave inappropriately, they can LOSE my respect. Weir has made some very bad choices, lately, and my respect for her has declined.

As for getting back to the subject... I'd like to see more of Michael. And I'd like for SGA to get some recurring villains among the Wraith instead of having a bunch of one-offs. I've heard some rumors in that regard, but I'd like to see them realized.

I'd also like to see us get an enemy who is actually scary, 'cause the wraith don't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
        Frankly - I'm with her. I've never liked Weir, but Michael was the nail in the coffin.
        Are you serious??? The more Weir the better as far as I'm concerned. She's a fabulous character who's distanced from the others. She's not a soldier, she's not a scientist, she's the bridge between the two.
        And Torri --- she's fabulous! And that voice just gives her an amazing presence.
        She's absolutely the standout character IMO, closely followed by Shep and McKay

Comment

Michael-
          Spoiler:
          we need a recurring wraith villan and he fits the bill perfectly

Zelenka-we havnt had enougth of him this season...
          Cadman-I enjoy her characters banter with Mckay
          Lorne-he owns
          Last edited by Skydiver; 27 January 2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
            Funny that you're quoting Erised. She's a huge Torri fan. Her sarcasm towards the other post really shows that.
            Last edited by Chrysalis; 27 January 2006, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              Funny that you're quoting Erised. She's a huge Torri fan, and if you don't like Torri or Elizabeth. Her sarcasm towards the other post really shows that.
              oh man offending Lizzie is like offending me!!

Comment

I dunno, while there were some stupid mistakes made in Michael and the buck does stop with Weir she shouldn't get all the blame.
                Spoiler:
                We could pick at Shep because he heads the military and security of Atlantis, we could blame Beckett for coming up with the crazy idea in the first place, we could blame Ronon because he has an itchy trigger finger. Heck, people have been blaming Teyla because they think she's easily corrupted by wraith mind control. The only one who hasn't gotten blame is McKay, but as that one thread stated he really wasn't in the ep much to cause damage.

Did I mention I'd like more Genii?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  I dunno, while there were some stupid mistakes made in Michael and the buck does stop with Weir she shouldn't get all the blame.
                  Spoiler:
                  We could pick at Shep because he heads the military and security of Atlantis, we could blame Beckett for coming up with the crazy idea in the first place, we could blame Ronon because he has an itchy trigger finger. Heck, people have been blaming Teyla because they think she's easily corrupted by wraith mind control. The only one who hasn't gotten blame is McKay, but as that one thread stated he really wasn't in the ep much to cause damage.

Did I mention I'd like more Genii?
                  Thank you!!! Awesome points.
                  Spoiler:
                  Every character develops and makes mistakes. If they don't, then what's the fun in the character? He/she will be boring! Imagine Elizabeth always being this perfect diplomat who always makes the right decisions!! ...........right...like I'm going to believe that! No one is perfect. We all learn from our mistakes, and, sometimes, have to sacrifice one thing to save another. In this case, she sacrificed her beliefs to save Atlantis and the Earth. She had no idea what it would lead to! We never know what our choices will lead us to! Elizabeth shouldn't be blamed and bashed for making a simple human mistake!
                  gosh...............

Comment

Dare i say it....any or all of SG-1? Maybe Walter? (And I mean in Atlantis or the PG, not a shot of them at SGC.)

Of Atlantis' characters... I would like to see more Weir, and off-world. And more Hermiod and Novak too! Everyone else seems to get enough airtime.

Oh yeah, and how about a real un-ascended Ancient that is willing to help to some compacity...

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Characters, much like real people, EARN my respect... and if they behave inappropriately, they can LOSE my respect.
                      Yes, which is why Sheppard is losing my respect. He's Kirked way too many times for me to stomach it.
                      Weir has made some very bad choices, lately, and my respect for her has declined.
                      Contrary to many others, Weir hasn't done anything to make me want to stab something. I prefer my characters to make mistakes rather than be cardboard cutouts who are perfect 24 hours a day (or is it 28 in Atlantis? ). As ToasterOnFire said,
                      Spoiler:
                      The blame for Michael situation is collective. Her willingness to own up just shows strength of character. I'd like to see how many real world leaders would be prepared to accept objective responsibility the way she did.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        Funny that you're quoting Erised. She's a huge Torri fan. Her sarcasm towards the other post really shows that.
                        My comment was in response to her being really damn rude to someone else whose opinion I happened to share. I thought about neg repping her for being nasty, but declined because, as I get with Aiden, she was up in arms and defensive about a favourite character and I can understand that. But instead, she felt the need to neg rep me for having an opinion contradictory to hers.

I mean, honestly - WTF? All I said was that I personally didn't like the character. If I neg repped everyone for liking Weir or hating Ford there wouldn't be a whole lot of love going around this site, would there?

Had I said, 'I hate Weir and wish she'd just die' then yes, I would have deserved a neg rep for being childish. But I didn't. Evidently, giving people the benefit of the doubt is a stupid idea.
                        Last edited by alfirin_kirinki; 28 January 2006, 03:48 AM.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                        ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

I hope to see more of Lizzy but then off world, with a P 90.

But I also would like to see Hermiod more but Lizzy definatly

Less Kirking !!
                          We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
                          Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
                          *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                            oh man offending Lizzie is like offending me!!
                            I wouldn't take it personally...

I want to see more of the tollans from inferno, after all we kinda hav their ship now...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Elisabeth Weir
                              Less Kirking !!
                              Yes please!

I think the most important would be to create backgrounds for the main characters 'cos we don't know a lot about them.

Comment

We do some about Sheppard ! TPTB should concentrate on more background for the others !
                                We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
                                Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
                                *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Working...
                                X