Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
    Weir could still have threatent that she would blow up the Genii city as soon as the Daedalus was back. The Genii wouldn´t stand a chance against such an orbital bombardment.
    In that time Sheppard and his team could have been killed but you do have a point

As for the sending ships through most of the people with the gene and pilot experience were gone with Sheppard
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Like I love the Daedalus, probably more than anyone else here But I thought it would have been nice to finally reveal what Atlantis really have. Sure the Puddle Jumpers are amazing, but the Daedalus has a vast capabilities.

I'm sure the Genii would have just shut up and give Sheppard's team back if they saw a huge battle cruiser fly out of the sky.
      Subspace Energy Technology Thread
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Do you think Cowen would have the guts to kill Sheppard if faced with the possibility of his stronghold being wiped out?

As for sending ships through the gate.... The proplem with that is that if your enemy expects something through the gate he can easily set things up so that he can shoot it down. The gate is a massive choke point and it´s only because of writers convinience that SG-1 ever made it through to any Goa´uld held planet. Plus in order to fit through the gate you´d have to cut out a lot of fire power and in general reduce performance of the fighter (at least given Earths tech level).

Comment

Make sense!

Wait a sec, I just got a thought. In all atlantis episodes we watched, we saw that the puddle jumpers begins to cloak after they exit through the gate. For a rescue, why not just cloak the jumpers while being on Atlantis, go through the gate, and devise some sort of attack that way.
          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Do you think Cowen would have the guts to kill Sheppard if faced with the possibility of his stronghold being wiped out?
            He risked that happening the moment he started all this - he seemed to think the genii would win everything and that the once we were beat we would stay down ... pfft to that

Its possible they thought they could somehow get the jumpers through the shield and take atlantis
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              In that time Sheppard and his team could have been killed but you do have a point

As for the sending ships through most of the people with the gene and pilot experience were gone with Sheppard

That was my only complaint about the episode was why would you send most of the people with the gene for a mission like this? If they all were killed then the ability to run the city would be severly hindered, as Weir said herself in this episode. They need to be more selective on who goes on missions. If someone wanted to really hurt Atlantis, they would just have killed all the people who go off-world with the gene. Where would they be left if that happened?

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
                Make sense!

Wait a sec, I just got a thought. In all atlantis episodes we watched, we saw that the puddle jumpers begins to cloak after they exit through the gate. For a rescue, why not just cloak the jumpers while being on Atlantis, go through the gate, and devise some sort of attack that way.
                Perhaps the reason they cloaked after coming through the gate in that episode is because the cloaking field can´t handle what happens at the wormhole event horizon? Best I could come up with on short notice

Comment

He risked that happening the moment he started all this - he seemed to think the genii would win everything and that the once we were beat we would stay down ... pfft to that

Its possible they thought they could somehow get the jumpers through the shield and take atlantis
                  Given his megalomania I can believe he thought he could get away with this, or at least he thought that Atlantis wouldn´t have the guts for an all out attack.

Oh, and the Genii wouldn´t have the PJ´s if Weir had gone into combat mode and decided to take on the Genii rather then deal with them.

Comment

Perhaps the reason they cloaked after coming through the gate in that episode is because the cloaking field can´t handle what happens at the wormhole event horizon? Best I could come up with on short notice
                    Thats the theory most people hold - there was a cloaked jumper there but the guy on it said the genii had moved too many troops in
                    love Torri

Comment

Oh, and the Genii wouldn´t have the PJ´s if Weir had gone into combat mode and decided to take on the Genii rather then deal with them.
                      If that had happened and they knew they were screwed they would just kill them as they have nothing to lose
                      love Torri

Comment

If that had happened and they knew they were screwed they would just kill them as they have nothing to lose
                        The rational thing to do would then have been to free them and hope that it would be enough to restore the peace, after all Atlantis doesn´t want to be noticed by the Wraith (and the Genii would have made sure that the Wraith noticed).

I know that Weir wouldn´t actually have the "balls" to conduct as savage an attack as I stated but she really should at least have tried to bluff.

Comment

I know that Weir wouldn´t actually have the "balls" to conduct as savage an attack as I stated but she really should at least have tried to bluff.
                          The writers seem a bit inconsistent they didnt do much here but in Critical Mass she was willing to go all the way
                          love Torri

Comment

Most likely it never even occured to the writers to have her threaten to do something like this. Plus in Critical Mass it was just one guy (unless I´m somehow getting episodes mixed up) and not an entire city.

Comment

Critical Mass was the
                              Spoiler:
                              goa'uld bomb ep the whole of atlantis was at risk
                              love Torri

Comment

I agree with those that have said that this is propably the best episode of the season. No lame thingamajigs to save the day or overly contrived dodads which is really a breath of fresh air in this show.

One does have to wonder what the hell Cowen was thinking with this stunt. Isn´t he aware of the fact that Atlantis has a battleship around? Even if he knew that it was away from the galaxy at the moment and wouldn´t be back until after this was all over there still remains the fact that the Deadalus could simply have gone into orbit around the Geni homeworld and bombed the sh!t out of their underground city in retaliation. But perhaps he had no idea about the ship

I hope the rest of the season will be like this and keep the focus on action and larger events and not on just one or two characters.
                                how could he know about daedulus the geniii have never seen it

Comment

Working...
                                X