Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay
    Well, I ment a canon first name the LoveLornes voted for the name Marcus a long time ago. Major Marcus Lorne!
    How funny, I was under the impression that was his real first name... It sure has a lot of fans out there, that name..
    I like the guy, too.. His humor is sarcastic, kinda like Sheppards and when they talk, it's hilarious... (They haven't really talked much apart from today)..

Anyway, I just watched it again and have another thing to point out that nobody has mentioned yet.

How stupid is Cowen? He came across really simple-minded. I'm especially talking about the scene when they talk to Sheppard after he wakes up.
    He has the radio in his hands, looks at it as if he was somehow amazed and doesn't know how to turn it on, and hands it to Ladon who immediately knows how it works.. Not very bright, that man...
    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I really enjoyed the ep. Great McShep. I've been missing that.

Great lines for Shep, great delivery by Joe.

Loved Ronon being upset at NOT being on a wanted poster.

Loved the Lorne and Shep moment. As mentioned before. Weir didn't tell Shep they were alive? WHAT UP WITH THAT?

I'm surprised Shep opened the box, but I guess it's that TRUST issue thing. Heh.

I really enjoyed seeing Shep and Weir working together, and the tag. It's a joy to see a man and a woman working together as friends and leaders. No romance. No drama. Just true friends. I love it.

Laughed alot at the "That's Lt. Col errand boy to you"

Also giggled at the "Could have been mensa" Nice bit of continuity. Wonder what Shep's IQ is. Bet Rodney has asked.

Enjoyable ep all around. For once it didn't feel RUSHED because there was no B storyline really. Everything every character was involved in dealt with the same issue. Those eps always work best. We need more of those.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        Well, I ment a canon first name the LoveLornes voted for the name Marcus a long time ago. Major Marcus Lorne!
        Awww, I liked "Chad." Hahaha, it'd be a riot if TPTB made "Marcus" his name next season.

Comment

I loved this episode, kudos to TPTB. Coup d'Etat is second best for me from season 2 after Aurora.
          I also like the fact tha Lorne did not end up like Grodin, dead.

Originally posted by caty
          - Major Lorne hasn't been red-shirted yet
          Is that a Star Trek allusion via Lost?
          School is overrated.

Comment

It was a good ep. A **, I give. I happy Lorne didn't die, he's cool.
            sigpic

Comment

A coup that wasn't a coup that was a coup...
              That was fun.
              Now, that's what I call good writing... Yay for Martin Gero... May he and Carl Binder write ALL of Season 3's episodes!
              It had everything that makes for a good Stargate episode... team interaction, humour, tight storytelling, intriguing and even a rare thing... a TWIST for good measure. Watch me if I don't faint from disbelief...
              Something of the edge of Season 1 returned and hopefully it stays... For a moment there I was actually worried, I really had no idea how Sheppard was going to get out of this one. This one was comparable to Critical Mass but in all ways was much better and a lot tighter with a lot less of that dumbing down that we've been seeing lately.

The Genii are a far more interesting adversary... hope we see them again... It won't be too long before another one of them gets up to their old tricks. I hope.

Like some people, I did wonder why Rodney was in the strike team but I rationalized that it had something to do with the ZPM and he being the chief scientist... and he just had to be there.

Quote of the Day:
              "It's Lt Col errand boy to you"
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

A lot a people have been mentioning that Weir didn't tell Sheppard about Lorne and his men still being alive - the way I saw it, she probably did tell him that the crispy critters in the morgue weren't them, but they had been abducted by forces unknown, giving Sheppard reason to assume that they were dead anyway.

Something I noticed, while Sheppard was tied up and speaking with Cowen & Leyden, there's someone wandering around outside. The window is dirty, so you can't tell if it's a patrolling Genii, or loitering crew, but IMO they don't move like a soldier on patrol. Here's a screencap, the figure in question is in the window right in front of Sheppard's face:

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

I didn't catch the last few lines between Sheppard and Weir at the end of the episode. Could someone tell me what they were please?

Good episode Always happy when Ronon and Teyla work together
                  May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

It was good, but this ep didnt contribute anything to the war with the wraith, or anything with exploring Atlantis. And in last ep Ronon was shot, and in this ep nothing was mentioned and he was fully recovered.

Comment

Great episode. Kept me guessing the whole time. Though, when they said Kolya was presumed dead, I couldn't help but say "I don't think so!" I get the impression he's pulling the strings on this. I doubt Leyden came up with this all on his own.

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This was easily the best episode in a long time for the show. Great plot with plenty of twists and turns great new chracter in Laiden and some more nice content on the Genii and an update on how they're progressing.

I'm Kinda sad evil O'brien's dead but Laiden seems more than able to fill the spot. I'm looking forward to seeing him more in the future. Why can't we get Wraith characters this interesting or this clever? Laiden was a badguy with actual brains and he even won in the end. Even Cowen was smart here, he only lost because Laiden was just that much smarter. No one was really caught acting stupid here, even the SGA team didn't really have a choice but to try and get that ZPM.

There were also no plot holes, and no deux ex machinas used to resolve problems! Ok maybe the nuke was a bit of one but I completely bought it that Laiden would be able to pull that off given his position.

The B plot with Teyla and Ronan was also interesting, especially when it tied into the main plot at the end.

Hot damn this is the kind of episode I want to see more of.

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                          Great episode. Kept me guessing the whole time. Though, when they said Kolya was presumed dead, I couldn't help but say "I don't think so!" I get the impression he's pulling the strings on this. I doubt Leyden came up with this all on his own.

-IMF
                          I'd have to agree here a bit. I don't know if he's neccessarily pulling strings on this one, but I certainly don't think he's dead. They made it a point of repeatedly mentioning the "suspected" death, which leads me to believe that's he's very much alive somewhere - and probably very bitter.
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                            I didn't catch the last few lines between Sheppard and Weir at the end of the episode. Could someone tell me what they were please?
                            Even though this is a spoiler thread, I don't know what the rules are for posting large chunks of dialog, so I put in the spoiler tags just to be safe.

Spoiler:
                            (Sheppard walks into Weir's office)
                            SHEPPARD: The coup was successful. Ladon Radim is the new leader of the Genii.
                            WEIR: Wow, that was fast.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, once people found out that Cowen and his elite guard were out of the picture, his loyalists laid down their weapons. They're billing it as a bloodless coup because no one died on their home soil.
                            WEIR: So a nuclear explosion and the lives of an entire battalion of men don't count?
                            SHEPPARD: Well, it's all spin. What do you think the fallout's going to be?
                            WEIR: Well, historically, most coups end up with the new government being as bad as the old one.
                            SHEPPARD: I don't know. He seemed pretty grateful when we saved his sister.
                            WEIR: There's that.
                            SHEPPARD: He did save me and my team.
                            WEIR: There's that, too.
                            SHEPPARD: So I say we call it a win.
                            WEIR: Who's spinning now?
                            SHEPPARD: All right. Then I say we call it a night.
                            WEIR: That we can do.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan
                              It was good, but this ep didnt contribute anything to the war with the wraith, or anything with exploring Atlantis.
                              It did contribute to the war with the Wraith in that Ladon seems to be more willing to work together with the Atlantians against the Wraith. That's a pretty big deal since so far the Genii seemed to one of the more advanced worlds. Ladon was talking about gene therapy and from what we've seem so far, that's pretty advanced scientifically for the Pegasus galaxy.

Originally posted by Mackan
                              And in last ep Ronon was shot, and in this ep nothing was mentioned and he was fully recovered.
                              We can presume that enough time has passed that it doesn't have to be mentioned. Many missions could have occurred between last week's episode and this.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Where was the Dedalus it could have just beamed Shepard and the other hostages up.
                                Earn Money For Clicking your Mouse
                                Advercash

Comment

Working...
                                X