No announcement yet.

Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ZPM was dead, as in no power left and useless. so no, they left it to get destroyed

Comment

Really liked this episode. Loved that it had all of the main cast highly involved. They all had good screen time. These really are the best episodes. It's amazing what happens when it's not the McKay hour or the McKay/Shep hour or the Shep kirking hour.....no slight to the characters, but it seemed we were having a run of those type episodes and it is just good to see the entire cast with some real meaty parts.

I think I actually stayed away from the spoilers on this one........if I did read any, it must have been some time ago and I had completely forgot any details by the time this episode came around. I really wasn't sure of where Laden's allegiance was.........until the very end.

Poor Ronon feeling bad he was not "wanted" by the bad guys. I was really glad to see the implicit trust Weir now has in Teyla by allowing her and Ronon to proceed on an off-world mission on their own to find out what happen to Lorne and the others.....and without any hesitation.

Glad to see Cowen gone! Wonder what the consequences will be for the future of the Genii and the Atlantis team. Hopefully, helping out Laden's sister and the rest of the radiation suffering Genii will go a long way.......but you can never tell. After all, Laden had no qualms about letting Shep and crew die with Cowen, it was only when he found out that Beckett could help his sister that he decided to let them go with him to safety....and more likely from the fear that Atlantis would not help his sister if Shep and company died.

Comment

Very good episode. I'm glad that the episodes are improving. I also liked how the double double agent thing w/Laden. Very nice. The wanted posters were also a unique idea too. I'm also starting to like Weir more and more w/each episode. Glad they're finally starting to develop her charcter.
        Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

There is no way to know wheter it is dead or not unless you have a way to interface with it. We only luckly had a way to interface with it after finding the Ancient outpost in antarctica. It is doubtful that the genii found a way to interface with it because they are like 60 years behind us.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            There is no way to know wheter it is dead or not unless you have a way to interface with it. We only luckly had a way to interface with it after finding the Ancient outpost in antarctica. It is doubtful that the genii found a way to interface with it because they are like 60 years behind us.
            The genii guy knew it was dead, he just didnt care.
            Probably doesnt take any more then an ohm meter to tell it has any kind of charge. The Genii are developed enough to have nukes they are developed enough to recongize if something is holding a charge. Besides it wasnt glowing
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I really liked this episode... and I have always liked the Genii...

I'd like to see more Genii..

Mattathias

Comment

I envy all the lucky Americans who got to see this for the first time. I wish I could be seeing it new again too.

Comment

Originally posted by dmayor09
                  In tonight's episode, Coupe de' tat, Teyla is givin a pouch with pictures of atlantis members in which weir confirms all of them have the gene. How do the genii know who has the gene and who doesn't? One example, on another atlantis team, there were pictures of the members of that team that had the gene and the 4th member wasn't in the photos b/c he/she didn't have the gene. How do they know this? its not like its common information to other worlds.
                  This is simple. We know they have spies everywhere. So that is the answer to your question. They have spies everywhere.

Keep in mind that it is an hour show. They can't explain everything to us. Some stuff you just have to assume.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I LOVED this episode. I found it highly interesting that Dr. Weir chose Teyla and Ronon to investigate the matter rather then the actual military. I think one of the funniest scenes was Ronon with his arm around the villager and Teyla telling him not to do that. Good cop bad cop. In fact, Ronon was a lot like a detective throughout the whole episode. Weir really is becoming more and more morally ambiguous. She had no problem with holding the unarmed Genii hostage and then sending a strike force to attack the rest. Wow.

Was I the only one that though Lorne really was dead? True, if he did die they would have killed him in a more epic manner, but it really would have set up the threat better. Oh, and I really, really liked Laden. Direct, to the point, and able to match wits with Sheppard. And then the twist in giving him humanity through his love for his sister. Nice. I'm glad Cowen is out of the way and Laden is in charge. Also, I just thought of something. What happened to Kolya? That was never expanded on. Something tells me that will be a season 3 plot point.

Best part of the episode? McKay trying to do the military hand signals. He really needs combat training.
                    Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                      How many pjs we have,
                      This one's easy: spies on different planets saw PJs being used. There must have been a day when 10 spies reported they saw PJs on 10 different worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm
                        I LOVED this episode. I found it highly interesting that Dr. Weir chose Teyla and Ronon to investigate the matter rather then the actual military. I think one of the funniest scenes was Ronon with his arm around the villager and Teyla telling him not to do that. Good cop bad cop. In fact, Ronon was a lot like a detective throughout the whole episode. Weir really is becoming more and more morally ambiguous. She had no problem with holding the unarmed Genii hostage and then sending a strike force to attack the rest. Wow.
                        As a Weir fan, I kinda like it. Shows character growth and development.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                        I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

I think the ads for this episode definitely give away the plot line that the Genii will turn on the Atlantis team. I watched the episode before seeing any ads and I didn't find the episode to be that predictable.
                          I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            This one's easy: spies on different planets saw PJs being used. There must have been a day when 10 spies reported they saw PJs on 10 different worlds.
                            Either that, or the Genii could have simply counted the ones that were in the jumper bay when they raided Atlantis back in season one.

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                              I like Ronan and the tough guy soldier thing he's got going on, but when they turn him into a mindless thug without intelligence, it urkes me. Like when the bartender guy wouldn't give him and Teyla the info they wanted, Ronan thought he would just threaten him bodily harm and then get what he wanted. No, it doesn't work that way, especially on people who have done no wrong. Not to mention, it doesn't paint a friendly picture of the people who come from Atlantis. It makes Ronan a bad guy, not a good guy. I think if you can kick the crap out of someone it just makes you that much better if you can get what you want without threatening bodily harm. It also seems that Ronans answer for everything is to attack. Like when he wanted to go in and attack the Genii. Or, when he told Weir, "Send me in, i'll figure something out." Oh, yeah lets just send you in alone without any plan or having thought anything through, you can save the day Ronan! You're invincible! The same way you thought things through, were naive with Sheppard, and got yourself shot by Weir in the last episode. I know Ronan isn't a real person, but the writers are abusing his ability as a warrior, and are being irresponcible with his character in this way. A warrior is only as good as his ability to think. I think Bra'tac said something along the lines of that in some SG-1 episode one time.
                              What else has Ronan ever been? I've never seen intelligence come from him since day one. I've only seen him as a big bouncer that waits for Shephards nod before he beats someone.

I don't care for Ronan. Every week I wonder why he's on the team, because he doesn't add any intellectual thought to any of the stories. Even when he speaks he sounds like a bully.

Comment

I don't care for Ronan. Every week I wonder why he's on the team, because he doesn't add any intellectual thought to any of the stories. Even when he speaks he sounds like a bully.
                                I know, I miss Ford! Ford just seemed to have some substance! It's not that I hate Ronon, it's just that he doesn't have that much depth. Maybe next season we can keep Ronon, and bring Ford back to make everyone happy. I don't see why not, since SG-1 will have a five-member team as well.

As for the episode itself, I really believed they killed off Lorne in the beginning, and I was glad to see that he's ok! I was also very happy that Atlantis is starting to get some decent episodes with some plot again! I enjoyed the "That's Lieutenant Colonel Errand Boy to you!" by Sheppard, and the way that Ladon's guards just shot Cowen's guards . Overall, I give the episode 4/5 stars, and here's hoping for some more Genii-Atlantis interaction!
                                Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Working...
                                X