Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hidden Ninja
    Just wondering but why did you call part of Sheppards team team Kirk?
    oh and what does the reputation thing do?
    It’s a joke about all the "Kirking" that Sheppard does. Kirking is a term used when the shows hero (usually male) seems to be irresistibly attractive to any females (or males) who guest star on the show and then gets to kissing them (or more). Shep has done a unusual (for stargate) amount of kirking this year so he’s getting a rep (not a good one IMHO).

Reputation on Gateworld doesn't do anything except give you some little green boxes and some feedback from your fellow Gwers. You give it by clicking on the little scales icon in the top right hand corner of a persons post... it will pop up a little window and you can leave a message saying if you liked the post or not.

As for this ep. I did really like it. I wouldn't mind if the Genii were allies, they don't have to be super close or anything and their could be factions in their government that could cause us problems. I think the Genii will be better adversary if they came at us with logic instead of thinking we would be so stupid as to hand over ALL of our defenses.

Also, so we only have 10 PJs? What about the ones from Tower?
    And the beaming the Genii stargate into space... thats a brilliant idea, why didn't we do that or go pick it up via PJ as soon as they tried to capture atlantis...
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Also, what good does capturing those people do other then weakening Atlantis’s defenses? I know the scientist guy said he was working on a way to give the Genii the gene, but how is that? They have no where close to our medical tech and yet somehow they have mastered Gene therapy? Kind of a leap.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I have only one question. How the hell do the Geni know so much? How many pjs we have, that the city survived, the uses of a ZPM? They just seem to be all up in our business like they've been following us around to every planet like paparazzi... lovely thought.

The Geni annoy me (which is good). They just can't see the forest for the trees. They really thought they can win this one by themselves with a few pjs after they kill off all the qualified pilots? Have they ever even flown so much as a hot air balloon in their irradiated lifetimes? They take much for granted.

.... well I guess I had more than one question.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well, either they tortured the information out of Lorne and his team or we have a Genii spy in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
            The name's Lorne. Sorry, just felt like I needed to correct you. But you're right he is too major a minor character to have a death like that.
            It may have been a typo. :/

On topic, I thought the episode was great. It's a pity that Cowen is dead though, he was one of my favourite characters.

Comment

I just don't get the Genii. we try to help them time and again, they just screw us over time and again. WTF x 2!! Why are they so paranoid and why do we keep making the same mistakes when it comes to dealing with them? And with this new dude in charge, are we suppsed to be trusting once again? I just wanna scrape them off my shoe and walk away! How many times do we have to see what they are before we know what they are? Arrgh!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                I just don't get the Genii. we try to help them time and again, they just screw us over time and again. WTF x 2!! Why are they so paranoid and why do we keep making the same mistakes when it comes to dealing with them? And with this new dude in charge, are we suppsed to be trusting once again? I just wanna scrape them off my shoe and walk away! How many times do we have to see what they are before we know what they are? Arrgh!
                We already know a lot about them:

Originally posted by wikipedia
                The Genii are a human culture from the TV series Stargate Atlantis living in the Pegasus Galaxy. Although they appear to be simple, Amish-like farmers, the Genii are an advanced, militaristic culture that is technologically equivalent to Earth in the 1940s. The majority of their civilization, which once was a confederation of planets, now lives in the vast cavern-cities that exist beneath their planet's surface. They put up their simple front to fool the Wraith, who wipe out the cultures they perceive to be a threat.

One of the great endeavors of the Genii is to perfect nuclear weapons. With these bombs they hoped to destroy the majority of the Wraith fleet while they hibernated, but although they could produce plutonium they couldn't perfect a triggering mechanism. Their plan was ultimately flawed; the Wraith hive ships had already awakened and left their dormant positions.

The Genii and the Atlantis expedition team were briefly allies, going on an offworld mission to steal valuable intelligence from a Wraith hive ship, but the Genii betrayed the team and tried to steal their C-4 explosives, which they believed could help their triggering problems, as well as a Puddle Jumper spaceship. The Atlantis team had brought secret backup, and so escaped back to Atlantis with the Wraith data.

Since then the Genii and the Earth Atlanteans, particularly Major John Sheppard and Genii Commander Acastus Kolya, have been enemies. On several occasions since then they have crossed paths and fought one another but so far the Earth expedition has prevailed.

A few encounters with the Genii have been peaceful; for example, in an episode an agreement that in exchange for C4 the Atlanteans could use the Genii prototype nuclear weapons to defend Atlantis from an imminent Wraith attack. However, subsequently, in other episodes such as The Storm, Atlantis has killed or captured the Genii or the Genii have attacked and held members of the Expedition hostage.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genii_%28Stargate%29

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I have to say, I really enjoyed this ep. It's going to be very interesting to see where the Genii go from here.
                  Those sneaky Genii #//%*#&!! I have to admit though, I enjoyed hating Cowen.

Comment

Doubt they have a spy on Alantis, Weir chose everyone on board. The aphosions (sp) maybe, but not alantis. Good Ep
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                      Doubt they have a spy on Alantis, Weir chose everyone on board. The aphosions (sp) maybe, but not alantis. Good Ep
                      You're referring to the Athosians, right? If so then the prospect of them spying on Atlantis is unlikely. Who would they be spying for?

Comment

It's a pretty sure bet that the Genii have spies on most of the planets. Every time an Atlantis team went off world, I'm sure at the very least someone would report to the Genii who was there and when, and perhaps if they got a chance what they were doing and possibly overhear snippets of converstion. I wasn't really surprised that the Genii had all this information.

Comment

But it just seems that they always WANT something in return, and then they get greedy and overreach; always at our expense. When will they put their paranoia on a shelf, get smart, and realize that only as true allies would they be better off? Maybe it's just me...

Comment

in the Storm they weren't just trying to steal C-4 they also tried to take our medical supplies. that means they were in the med bay. they could have gotten ahold of Becketts research on the Ancient gene and the gene therapy. that guy who started the Coup,whatever his name was, could have read becketts on the gene, who had it, the gene therapy and who successsfully had the gene placed in their system. there's also the Ford explanaton. the Genii defectors in lost boys may not all have been defectors. The Genii could have had at least one guy still loyal feeding them info. Ford could have up priveleged info to someone he thought was loyal. the Genii would have allowed it to continue because if fords plan had worked a hiveship would have gotten destroyed and we would have gotten the blame.
                            Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Possibly, but it's still a fun thought, however unrealistic. And just because everyone was hand picked doesn't mean that they can't be "got to" one way or another.

Comment

So the genii had a zpm and a nuke blasted the planet it was on after Sheppard left with Ladon. Did they bring the zpm with them or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X