Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xanderic
    Third, we could have tried it to see if it works. Even if it was almost depleted, there's still some stuff in it. And if it was reallly depleted, we could add it to our own ZPM research.
    I completely agree. I was really annoyed by the fact that they didn't get the ZPM. Even if it was depleted, McKay's would be final words in Hot Zone were telling of how he had theories of connecting a dummy ZPM to the Stargate to recharge it.

I would love to see something come from that scene in Hot Zone

Comment

They might of found it in an ancient machine an the machine didn't work with it in it so they decided it was out of power.

This is such a great episode that I don't really care about a little inconsistency like that anyway.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Was it just my eyes or was that footage of the town the same shot used for the town with the church in that one epi in season 3 of sg1?

Comment

Major Loren is in trouble….ooo nnooooeessss. I bet he’s not dead too useless a death for too major a minor character. He’s probably held hostage somewhere. Get Beckett on that DNA analysis.

‘Well good luck with that…”… nice line I like Weir more each week.
          Don’t trust the Genii, good idea.

Yes Ronan, two is better then one.

Genii guy knows too much.
          Ronan, Mr. Interrogator? Why do I find that funny? Probably because he’s thinking “I bet I can get the truth out of her…. if you just let me…*thumbs knife*”

Told you, Beckett + DNA= Loren is not dead.

Genii guy is too happy, people that happy can’t be trusted.
          Where I have I seen that guy?
          Koya is murdered? I don’t believe that either.

Teyla, diplomacy may be a problem when you got the unleashed pit bull with you.

Good for you, not trusting this guy… but I am not sure I would go straight to the Genii.
          I certainly would not walk into the Genii home world. And I am again very much not trusting the Genii. They are definitely up to something.

Ok, now I think Sheppard is stupid… why take this extra risk; surely they would not keep the ZPM at their main base. They are smarter then that.

So what, no pictures of Teyla and Ronan, they must feel left out.

So these people trust you and you just betray them? This seems like not a good idea. Seems like you are doing the dirty work for the Genii.

What’s with the blue blockers?
          Ronan does feel left out. Hahahahaha
          Hahhahaa. Looks like they will all be busted for cash.

They got played, they knew they would go to the Geni and the info was planted to get these guys out in the open.
          I told you he was TOO HAPPY.

Again, I told you that it was a plan.
          ALL the jumpers… yeah, that will happen. Do the math dumaz…. ALL the jumpers for what 6 guys.. Trade will never happen. Problem with the Genii is that they are TOO greedy. If he asks for 2-3 Jumpers he may get what he wants…. If they had only asked for the C4 instead of trying to take over Atlantis they may have gotten what they wanted but they just continuously overstep. You can’t make a completely impossible demand and expect to be successful. I really should be the Genii leader; I could do a much better job.

Beckett trying to save the sick. Good for him.
          Hey look …… Loren.

See, even Weir can do math. The Genii are so odd, they are 1 half spy geniuses, 1 half complete freaking morons and 1 half bad math.

Gosh, could Sheppard really die? Or do we get our Coup due to Becketts skillful doctoring?

Ronan, kill em all, kill em now attitude is funny.

Double, double cross…. Cooooollll.

So what, the Genii are now our allies? Poor Chief, he was a good actor but drew the short straw when it came to characters.

Yay, that was a pretty good ep.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It actually seemed like the "It's Good to Be King" set.

Anyway, fantastic episode. One of the true best of Atlantis, with a great plot and a steady rythm. I'd say it's the best so far. Great job, writers, actors, directors, etc.

***1/2

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
              It actually seemed like the "It's Good to Be King" set.

Anyway, fantastic episode. One of the true best of Atlantis, with a great plot and a steady rythm. I'd say it's the best so far. Great job, writers, actors, directors, etc.

***1/2
              No I don't mean the set, I mean the shot of the town from a distance, right before the scene with Ronan and Teyla in the bar.

Comment

Very nice. For the past couple of weeks, it seemed that Atlantis went from fantastic story, to the next week having a drab boring predictible thing back to fantastic story. But this makes two weeks in a row that they had an engaging story that actually kept me guessing. The "wanted posters" were a neat little bit, and I liked the way they continued to develop the Gen'ii. I thought that that scientist guy had potential when I saw him in the Eye and the Storm. Liked the banter between him and Sheppard in the beginning.

Almost sad to see Cowen go, if only because he could've continued to make the Gen'ii more of a human antagonist. But anyway, a brilliant episode of Atlantis that had a surprise at the end that I actually liked. This ties with SG-1 this week for 4 1/2 out of five stars. Keep good episodes coming!
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Just got doen seeing the episode and i think it was great!! I would not say that this was the best episode of the season but it is up there as one of the best. The action was great and had alittle suspence, but alltogether a great episode!! 167 hours till Connerr Trinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                    I loved this episode because any episode that builds upon past storylines is usually a winner, IMO. It was also a great team episode where no one character dominated and I actually had the feeling that TPTB sat down and put time into planning the plot. Another plus was that the guests characters were outstanding. From Ladon and Cowan to Lindsay and the Barkeeps -- I enjoyed them all.

This was the first episode where I felt Weir was in charge during the entire espisode. Usually, she may start out strong, but with Sheppard and/or Rodney she wavers a bit. Here she was large and in charge throughout the episode and I loved it.

Teyla and Ronon were great in their good cop/bad cop roles and it was good to see them heading up the investigation of the disappearance of Lorne's team. Teyla's calm, deliberate interview style nicely balanced Ronon's more aggressive, confrontational approach.

I thought Sheppard and Rodney were wonderfully balanced here. Yes, it was strange to see Rodney join the strike force, but he and Sheppard were so funny that I could overlook that. I also loved Sheppard and Ladon's "errand boy" scene - it was perfectly portrayed by both.

Carson was also great and his scenes illustrated how each character's contribution tied into the overall storyline. I also loved how the difference in the way Carson views threats and the way Ronon views threats was handled. Carson wanted to provide Cowan with puddle jumpers in the hope that Cowan would release Shep's team, but the much more jaded Ronon pointed out that the Genii would just kill Shep's team anyway so SGA should not waste time trying to negogiate and just attack.

Lorne's dry wit was wonderful and funny and it was a relief that TPTB didn't kill him off. It's gotten to the point where if a character is given a name that I wonder when he'll be killed off.

The entire coup within a coup scenario kept me interested from beginning to end. More than that, this episode stands up to repeated viewing for me. I look forward to seeing Ladon (and perhaps Kolya) in the future. I loved the uncertainty of SGA's future relationship with Laydon. When next they meet, will he be friend or foe? This episode could be a goldmine for future storyline possibilities.
                    I'm just going to be lazy and go 'ditto' as I quite enjoyed the episode too for the same points you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by eccscape
                      it was okay but not the best episode this season and i agree with shockwave critical mass was way better.
                      it was also TOTALLY PREDICTABLE!! I felt like screaming at the all "how could you possibly fall for that?"
                      Strange though, twists aside the whole plot with the genii coup should have been enough to carry the episode.....but it just wasn't
                      Certainly i agree that the last two have been an improvment, but they can still do (and have done in S2 part1) better.
                      I agree.
                      I can't see things to come in the most predictable of other shows and this episode bored the hell out of me. I knew what was coming long before, the MOST predictable episode! Just awful.

Adrianne
                      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        Major Loren is in trouble….ooo nnooooeessss. I bet he’s not dead too useless a death for too major a minor character. He’s probably held hostage somewhere. Get Beckett on that DNA analysis.

‘Well good luck with that…”… nice line I like Weir more each week.
                        Don’t trust the Genii, good idea.

Yes Ronan, two is better then one.

Genii guy knows too much.
                        Ronan, Mr. Interrogator? Why do I find that funny? Probably because he’s thinking “I bet I can get the truth out of her…. if you just let me…*thumbs knife*”

Told you, Beckett + DNA= Loren is not dead.
                        The name's Lorne. Sorry, just felt like I needed to correct you. But you're right he is too major a minor character to have a death like that.
                        Last edited by GatetheWay; 17 February 2006, 07:22 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                          I loved this episode because any episode that builds upon past storylines is usually a winner, IMO. It was also a great team episode where no one character dominated and I actually had the feeling that TPTB sat down and put time into planning the plot. Another plus was that the guests characters were outstanding. From Ladon and Cowan to Lindsay and the Barkeeps -- I enjoyed them all.

This was the first episode where I felt Weir was in charge during the entire espisode. Usually, she may start out strong, but with Sheppard and/or Rodney she wavers a bit. Here she was large and in charge throughout the episode and I loved it.

Teyla and Ronon were great in their good cop/bad cop roles and it was good to see them heading up the investigation of the disappearance of Lorne's team. Teyla's calm, deliberate interview style nicely balanced Ronon's more aggressive, confrontational approach.

I thought Sheppard and Rodney were wonderfully balanced here. Yes, it was strange to see Rodney join the strike force, but he and Sheppard were so funny that I could overlook that. I also loved Sheppard and Ladon's "errand boy" scene - it was perfectly portrayed by both.

Carson was also great and his scenes illustrated how each character's contribution tied into the overall storyline. I also loved how the difference in the way Carson views threats and the way Ronon views threats was handled. Carson wanted to provide Cowan with puddle jumpers in the hope that Cowan would release Shep's team, but the much more jaded Ronon pointed out that the Genii would just kill Shep's team anyway so SGA should not waste time trying to negogiate and just attack.

Lorne's dry wit was wonderful and funny and it was a relief that TPTB didn't kill him off. It's gotten to the point where if a character is given a name that I wonder when he'll be killed off.

The entire coup within a coup scenario kept me interested from beginning to end. More than that, this episode stands up to repeated viewing for me. I look forward to seeing Ladon (and perhaps Kolya) in the future. I loved the uncertainty of SGA's future relationship with Laydon. When next they meet, will he be friend or foe? This episode could be a goldmine for future storyline possibilities.

Your always on point....same thing I liked about the show....I love Lorne..and his contribution was bloody excellent.
                          VB
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            The name's Lorne. Sorry, just felt like I needed to correct you. But you're right he is too major a minor character to have a death like that.
                            Its not in spell checker so it is best guess when I type it . Results may vary
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Thank the gods Lorne didn't die. A thousand curses upon Joe Mallozzi for causing me months of stress about that.

Lorne's bit WAS good. And snarky as usual. LOVED it.

Liked the Genii. Their motives are a little cliched at times but I still think they make a more effective enemy than the Wraith do. I'll be curious to see what the fallout from all this is, somewhere down the line.

Good use of the "terminal" patients as "hostages" although it was obvious to me that the girl was sick and I was a little surprised no one asked her how she was feeling because that was the first thing to pop into my head when she first opened her mouth.

Dr. Beckett to the rescue! Yay!

At least Shep didn't shag anyone this time. Liked McKay, too. I do agree that the trap they walked into seemed a little obvious, but it wasn't nearly as stupid as what they did in Long Goodbye and Tower, so I'm willing to cut a bit of slack on this one. Although I do wonder who's been handing out the stupid pills lately.

Whumped Lorne. *happy sigh* Wish he'd had a bigger part in things, but under the circumstances I can understand why he didn't. Hopefully he'll have more time to play in future eps.

Comment

One of the best episodes this seasons! I agree about the trap, but otherwise, great episode! I'm so glad that Lorne is ok!

Comment

Working...
                                X