No announcement yet.

Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon we are going to see problems emerge from this coup, as some of the spy camps may still be allied with the old regime. They may start attacking the atlantians, but the atlantians fighting back may cause the new genii to become our enemies, well we will see in time.

Comment

I must of missed the Deleted ZMP scenes... when was it ?

Comment

it was okay but not the best episode this season and i agree with shockwave critical mass was way better.
        it was also TOTALLY PREDICTABLE!! I felt like screaming at the all "how could you possibly fall for that?"
        Strange though, twists aside the whole plot with the genii coup should have been enough to carry the episode.....but it just wasn't
        Certainly i agree that the last two have been an improvment, but they can still do (and have done in S2 part1) better.

Comment

OMG i loved this episode, i mean it totally makes up for the tower! im still really annoyed that yet another ZPM has not been got... i mean the tower, the epiphiny one, the brotherhood one ( again) i mean how many ZPM's are we gunna have to discover before another golden energy jewel is put in our crow of power! its stupid!
          but besides that its by far the best episode since seige, i loved it!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            Weir could still have threatent that she would blow up the Genii city as soon as the Daedalus was back. The Genii wouldn´t stand a chance against such an orbital bombardment.
            Right now Genii and Atlantis can both mess each other up royally. Atlantis can of course bomb the crap out of the Genii (you don't even need Daedalus, a cloaked jumper would do the trick), but I doubt this will kill them though, as they without a doubt have backup strongholds all over the place. The Genii on the other hand can just tell the wraith that Atlantis is still alive, and that would completely screw over Atlantis.

Of course, with the thing it is right now, each side considers the other side to be more useful alive then dead (or crippled beyond recovery).

Comment

I absolutley loved this episode anyone agree???

Comment

Wouldn`t necessarily call it the best but it`s definately one of the season`s highlights.

In my opinion the really good/important episodes of the season are:

Siege 3; Runner; Duet (just because it was so damn funny); Trinity; Conversion; Aurora; Grace under pressure (McKay`s one-man show); The Long Goodbye; Coup D`etat and Michael.

Though many people would not agree I think it was a pretty good season so far.
                Teal'c: I am loyal to the Tau'ri.
                Simmons: Why should I believe you?
                Teal'c: If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
                Simmons: Really?
                Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

I'm a sucker for all things Genii so I think I have to agree with you Nasa.
                  Last edited by GatetheWay; 20 January 2006, 07:11 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Personally, I think the show has really found its footing in the second season where it stumbled a lot in the first. There's still a lot of room for improvement, but IMO, the highlights of Season 2 so far:

201 The Siege, Part III (IMO, really just the end of Season 1)
                    214 Critical Mass
                    217 Coup d'Etat
                    218 Michael
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I will.

It was a good team episode, had a compelling plot and lots of twists, the number of dumb team mistakes was kept to a minimum, AND it had the Genii. If only more episodes could have been like this in s2. Thumbs up from me.

Comment

Was one of the better episodes so far this season.
                        I hope the last episodes are the same.

Comment

Awesome episode. By far one of the best this season. I loved the fact that we got a twist, kept me guessing until the very end.

Comment

The Atlantis team really needs to stop letting people push them around. They have the ability to completely cripple the Genii and they're letting the Genii threaten them, what a bunch of wusses. Weir should have threatened to take away the Genii gate the moment Sheppard and his team was captured.

Comment

I loved this episode because any episode that builds upon past storylines is usually a winner, IMO. It was also a great team episode where no one character dominated and I actually had the feeling that TPTB sat down and put time into planning the plot. Another plus was that the guests characters were outstanding. From Ladon and Cowan to Lindsay and the Barkeeps -- I enjoyed them all.

This was the first episode where I felt Weir was in charge during the entire espisode. Usually, she may start out strong, but with Sheppard and/or Rodney she wavers a bit. Here she was large and in charge throughout the episode and I loved it.

Teyla and Ronon were great in their good cop/bad cop roles and it was good to see them heading up the investigation of the disappearance of Lorne's team. Teyla's calm, deliberate interview style nicely balanced Ronon's more aggressive, confrontational approach.

I thought Sheppard and Rodney were wonderfully balanced here. Yes, it was strange to see Rodney join the strike force, but he and Sheppard were so funny that I could overlook that. I also loved Sheppard and Ladon's "errand boy" scene - it was perfectly portrayed by both.

Carson was also great and his scenes illustrated how each character's contribution tied into the overall storyline. I also loved how the difference in the way Carson views threats and the way Ronon views threats was handled. Carson wanted to provide Cowan with puddle jumpers in the hope that Cowan would release Shep's team, but the much more jaded Ronon pointed out that the Genii would just kill Shep's team anyway so SGA should not waste time trying to negogiate and just attack.

Lorne's dry wit was wonderful and funny and it was a relief that TPTB didn't kill him off. It's gotten to the point where if a character is given a name that I wonder when he'll be killed off.

The entire coup within a coup scenario kept me interested from beginning to end. More than that, this episode stands up to repeated viewing for me. I look forward to seeing Ladon (and perhaps Kolya) in the future. I loved the uncertainty of SGA's future relationship with Laydon. When next they meet, will he be friend or foe? This episode could be a goldmine for future storyline possibilities.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Ok when Sheppard and his team come to raid the storehouse, Sheppard opens it and it's a ZPM. Then the guy says "There you go, One ZPM. One that is probably been out of power for 1000 years." Then the gas comes and everyone faints.

First off, how do the Genii know whether it is out of power or not? They can't even test it. Also the ZPM isn't like a battery where you can attach it to a mulitmeter and see if it still works.

Secondly, what happened to it afterwards? Did it get blown up with the Genii leader?

Third, we could have tried it to see if it works. Even if it was almost depleted, there's still some stuff in it. And if it was reallly depleted, we could add it to our own ZPM research.
                                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                                X