Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    What choice did she have? Let them disclose their existance to the rest of the Wraith? And the top minds of Earth didn't notice there was a worm in the info. How is Elizabeth, who's not a computers expert and who didn't analyze the data herself, supposed to notice it?
    It is not about choice it is about being prepared for any circumstance. You would think that after the Ghould were able to reprogram the Atlantis OS that they would of been able to protect there systems better than they did in 2.20. If they were going to give the Wraith accessed to a computer they should of at least stripped it of important information and what would be important to the Wraith such as gate addresses and hyperspace engine tech information. She as leader bears ultimate responsibility and she should of been prepared with a backup plan in case things wen't south but so far it looks like they didn't have a backup in case they were doublecrossed, so as such she must be held accountable.

Comment

This could proove to be an endless discussion. We'll just have to wait and see in ep 2.21 whether or not she will be held responsible. Generally speaking she is the one and only person who is responsible for the entire base and its operations, but if her best scientists tell her the information was clean it would be silly not to use it.

But I was thinking that they could have investigated this information in a closed network with only a few computers that were stripped from any usefull information. That would be my first idea after receiving everything we've ever wanted to know about the Wraith without even having to beg for it.

Comment

Originally posted by syyid
        That summarizes the problem with the show, they act about as smart as grade school dropouts

Agree with the consequences, Weir should be fired post haste. Shep and McKay etc should die . did you guys notice the expression on Shep's face when Teyla goes if that is the extent of their plan. OK this guy is the head of a military expedition in another galaxy and it apparently didnt even cross his mind that they may not be completely upfront

Hey, one question: Why do you watch the show? You seem to hate everybody in it, so what's the point?
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

After watching it again, I have noticed that the Elves have 'invaded' the Pegasus Galaxy... Maybe we'll see Legolas in Season 3....

Or maybe the Wraith are decendants of the Elves turned evil...
          I mean, even their clothes looked elfish in this Ep..

----> Hilarious
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Two more things:

-It's been known since the pilot ep that the wraith want to get to earth. Shouldn't the team have taken more precautions with the computer data detailing earth's location? It should have been on a separate, non-networked, massively firewalled computer requiring numerous passwords to access at least. Or after Intruder it shouldn't have been on a computer at all.

-After the rumors of a "darker" Weir at the end of the season and the hope of some emotional fallout and screentime from her after Michael, I was disappointed to see that the only mention of it was a passing "Oh, she's now taking sedatives." A wasted opportunity.

Comment

Space Battle Pics/screencaps anyone?

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                -After the rumors of a "darker" Weir at the end of the season and the hope of some emotional fallout and screentime from her after Michael, I was disappointed to see that the only mention of it was a passing "Oh, she's now taking sedatives." A wasted opportunity.
                It could also be the start of an opportunity. In regards to that line, there's been a lot of ideas kicked around in the Weir threads, such as the start of a short addiction arc (because it is frighteningly easy to become addicted to sedatives entirely by accident) or the like. I really doubt that's the route that TPTB would go down, but it'd be interesting (and certainly raise a lot of questions).
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  Two more things:

-It's been known since the pilot ep that the wraith want to get to earth. Shouldn't the team have taken more precautions with the computer data detailing earth's location? It should have been on a separate, non-networked, massively firewalled computer requiring numerous passwords to access at least. Or after Intruder it shouldn't have been on a computer at all.

I think the most important piece of intel that the wraith got wasn't so much where exactly is Earth (which is of course important) but rather the thing from the Aurora which tells them how to construct the better hyperspace drive which can make the trip to Earth plausible.
                  I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

What a great ep.....def. the best this season imo
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

2.21? i drew the conclusion there was a ZPM on the orion because the outpost on earth and atlantis had a ZPM for the chair platform.. however, we don't know if the tower had the same capabilities. the fact of the matter, we did get pwned

Comment

Oof! Good ep. Very dark. I'm surprised that no one brought up the fact that team Atlantis was helping turn the Wraith into cannibals. I'm glad that Teyla and Ronan kept their heads on this one.

Still, talk about being over a barrel - and one of team Atlantis' own making, too. That'll lern 'em to mess with other species' biologies like that.

I was impressed with Michael again, this week, and I'm glad they didn't turn him into a friend. Yes, he may have gotten a whole new perspective about his favorite food, but not the perspective the humans would have hoped for; now the Wraith make their dinner plow the fields and carry the loads before eating them....

Loved the negotiating scene between Weir and the Wraith Queen, although in this one the Queen held all the cards.

Beckett and Zelenka were a joy to watch: respectful, frightful, hesitant... joking!

Speaking of joy to watch, how cool was it to see MacKay and Shep adopt the exact same body language when they were explaining the deployment of the gas via the CO2 scrubbers? And MacKay and Hermiod cracked me up several times! If MacKay sruvives(what am I saying, of course he will) Hermiod will never let him live it down that his plan failed.

I don't quite understand why the Wraith picked up such sensitive info as MW gate addys; didn't MacKay and Zelenka and Mr Canada Geek all say that the Wraith downloads were on secure firewalled comps? Those three, of all people, should know about viruses and should have dl-ed to a clean hard drive.

But that's my one and only nitpick.

Great to see Calwell again as a voice of reason, yet as one who knows that it's his job to assist.

It's gonna be a long wait for part 2....
                        Last edited by Tok'Ra Hostess; 31 January 2006, 03:57 PM.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

i blame mckay for getting carried away.. dude at console said "receiving transmission".. weir said "make sure it's secure".. mckay butted in and said "hey hey hey.. wwwwhere completely firewalled.... let me see that." to me, mckay was very overconfident there.. i blame mckay for taking control of the situation and possibly crossing the, if any, standard operating procedures/protocols by pushing the personal out of the way.

Comment

Doesnt anyone have any screencaps of the space battle?

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                              It could also be the start of an opportunity. In regards to that line, there's been a lot of ideas kicked around in the Weir threads, such as the start of a short addiction arc (because it is frighteningly easy to become addicted to sedatives entirely by accident) or the like. I really doubt that's the route that TPTB would go down, but it'd be interesting (and certainly raise a lot of questions).
                              I think that idea may end up in the realm of fanfic rather than canon, though it is interesting. One can only hope that Weir's descent will show more consequences in season three, but because they didn't expand upon it in this season it made her jump to the dark side seem more sudden and even OOC.

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory
                              I think the most important piece of intel that the wraith got wasn't so much where exactly is Earth (which is of course important) but rather the thing from the Aurora which tells them how to construct the better hyperspace drive which can make the trip to Earth plausibl
                              Right, that's another piece of info that the team knew that the wraith wanted, and subsequently should also have been placed on that completely independent, protected computer. With all those computer geeks running around Atlantis you would think they would have known better.

Another point - wouldn't one assume that the wraith queen would have gotten a dose of the retrovirus after feeding on the wraith/human/elf () subject? They even showed blood when she pulled her hand away. For that matter, why do these wraith have a more human looking skintone? Could that have anything to do with Michael and the retrovirus?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                                Did the two Hives inform the rest of the Wraith about it,
                                Really smart Wraith would have informed their friends about the MW galaxy, and their enemies about Atlantis.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X