• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bragi
    I told them.

Why?

They said "please."
    That sounds like something the Atlantis team would do.

Comment

I know McKay learned a lot about wraith tech, but I was
      wondering how much of that is really accurate. or more
      importantly, what did the wraith leave out. maybe they
      gave just enough info to be convincing but left out
      some very important stuff...we'll see.

As for wraith encountering Ori..despite my affinity
      for them....I'd have to say they would be SOL! ha!
      they are in for a big surprise.

My fav part of this EP is Beckett and Zalenka with
      the wraith scientist..I just love it when he growls at
      them. it was so funny!

I know that they downloaded the data to a firewall
      secure, off-network computer. BUT if they had been
      smart they'd left that data right there and done their
      analyzing from there. Big mistake to move the data
      to networked computers with access to ancient databases.
      I mean, really, software can only detect what you
      tell it too. If you don't say look for X it won't.

Nottie Rodney should have thought of that.
      WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
      "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
      Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

They're driven by hunger, and probably a belief that they're superior to all other races in a technoloical sense, considering that they did beat the Ancients.

Comment

Thye are very Arogant, they also might think that since they fooled Alantis so easily that earth would be easy picking.....
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Plus how would the wraith know about what ships await them in milky way. As far as they are aware, there is just one planet of billions. They don't seem to currently be aware of the fact the galaxy is filled with humans. Plus they wouldn't know about the gou'ald ships, as they haven't asked! Nor did they extract that information.

Comment

I agree - I don't think they know about the events from SG:1. Even if they did, they are arrogant as hell. They feel like they are invincible, so I'm sure they think they'll overcome any obstacle in their path. And they are very, very hungry, and Earth is one huge, unopened cookie jar to them.
              Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

If there’s one thing that bugs me, more than anything, it’s when intelligent characters are written to make incredibly stupid decisions for the purposes of generating drama and suspense. This is why I can’t stand most horror films. Even moderately stupid people can figure out when they’re being fooled, especially when a known enemy comes knocking, looking to make nice. That’s the way I feel about this finale, even if I like a number of elements within the overall story.

Keep in mind that Team Atlantis just recently dealt with its own gullibility in “Coup D’Etat”. At that point, they thought they could eliminate a larger threat through an alliance with a former enemy, and of course, it turned out that they were operating with limited information from a questionable source. It would have been nice if that had taught Team Atlantis a lesson, but that was asking a bit too much.

I’ve always held the opinion that the underlying message of the “Stargate” franchise is that humanity may be better off staying the hell home. A lot of situations within the franchise are created when humans (namely, the SGC) won’t leave well enough alone, and enemies are awakened in the process. That’s fun on a certain level, but sooner or later, one would hope that a more cautious approach might come along.

In this case, I’m annoyed that Ronon and Teyla are the only ones who seem to recognize the massive downside to this little alliance. Weir and the others seem to get past their own fears and worries a bit too quickly, and frankly, it’s all too easy to figure out what the Wraith want out of the deal. But even if those goals were less than obvious, why didn’t anyone work out the fact that Michael had every reason to screw them over, and look for the ulterior motive?

As I said, I found a lot to like about the episode. I like Michael, I really like the Wraith supermodel (especially how she flips her hair, as if everyone should know how hot she is!), and it’s a lot of fun to watch McKay interact with Wraith, especially when they look like they want to eat him for being so damned arrogant. All of the characters get a moment to shine, especially Beckett and Zelenka, who make quite a comic pair. The production is very strong; it’s just that the story itself relies on a massive suspension of disbelief.

Part of me thinks it would be damned funny if the Wraith arrived in the Milky Way in near-Earth space just in time to run into those four Ori attack cruisers that arrived in the “SG-1” finale! What if the Wraith technology can rip through those apparently impenetrable Ori shields? What if the fate of the Milky Way requires Weir and her team to take a more proactive stance? Yeah, I know it’s unlikely, but one can dream!

One other problem I have with the finale is that it doesn’t leave me with the thrill that I had with the end of “The Siege: Part II”. I was genuinely interested in how the siege would be resolved, since it had a long build to that point of desperation. This season stumbled into the finale, from my point of view, and I really don’t find myself wondering how the situation will be resolved. I know the Wraith acted to take Atlantis out of the equation, and that there’s personal jeopardy involved for many characters, but it left me somewhat cold. Compared to the massive implications of the “SG-1” and “BSG” season finales, this seems a bit underwhelming.

Of course, that what I thought of the entire second season, so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. I can only hope that the Wraith Civil War leads to a more complex plot arc for the third season, and that the Atlantis team can act a bit more proactively. For two seasons now, the humans on Atlantis have been hunkered down, and since they precipitated the Wraith awakening, it’s time they do something about it. The hints about the retrovirus are promising, since it could bring back the ethical issues raised in “Michael”, but it’s only a start. It might be better if another threat or competing power were to arise, thus giving Team Atlantis opportunity. For now, I look towards the third season with hope and not a little trepidation.

Comment

Originally posted by entil2001
                  If there’s one thing that bugs me, more than anything, it’s when intelligent characters are written to make incredibly stupid decisions for the purposes of generating drama and suspense.
                  Indeed! and they made some mondo stupid decisions...

I’ve always held the opinion that the underlying message of the “Stargate” franchise is that humanity may be better off staying the hell home. A lot of situations within the franchise are created when humans (namely, the SGC) won’t leave well enough alone, and enemies are awakened in the process. That’s fun on a certain level, but sooner or later, one would hope that a more cautious approach might come along.
                  yep..humans just stumble into things don't they? *silly earthers!!* the wraith is a huge example of the stumbling. they have really created an enormous problem.

In this case, I’m annoyed that Ronon and Teyla are the only ones who seem to recognize the massive downside to this little alliance.
                  oh, I was under the impression that Teyla was very much against the whole thing. More so than Ronon. Did you notice the super poor logic of Ronon. Then again, I wouldn't have aske Ronon his opinion in the first place. In several EPs he sure hasn't shown too much intelligence. *no offense to Ronon lovers *

Part of me thinks it would be damned funny if the Wraith arrived in the Milky Way in near-Earth space just in time to run into those four Ori attack cruisers that arrived in the “SG-1” finale! What if the Wraith technology can rip through those apparently impenetrable Ori shields?
                  can we anticipate some super cool space battles?? hope so!
                  WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
                  "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
                  Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

gets the 'most disgraceful screwup' award. gets the 'way too trusting' award gets the medal for 'best solo mission to save the Earth'. and need to get in on this more.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Just thought of this... the Daedalus "jumped into theatre" with its shield up, and they have to wait for the cloaked PJ to return to bay before jumping into hyperspace... so how exactly the PJ returned to Daedalus? Can it just go through the shield?

Comment

I think it was good episode. Not the best but very good. There were many funny scenes -Zelenka and Beckett with the Wraith or Rodney with Shepp explaining to the Wraith their plan. Like two little boys
                        But what they did was big mistake. In the moment when Wraith sent their files I thought-"It´s a trap" But noo..they have to work with them.
                        Poor Rodney I think he will blame himself for this.
                        And the "superior" thing between Ronon and Rodney Well, theoretical-Rodney is Ronon´s superior.

And btw I hate TBC in the end of the episode but I think I am not the only one

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Col Carter: "Let me get this straight, I have to fix another Mackay screw up? I guess he figures I am just hanging out with no particular place to go."

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Well I didn't enjoy this as much as Camelot-Spoilt me with a battle-but I enjoyed this. It's going to have some interesting implications.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I am surprised Atlantis allowed data to be downloaded - yes they have firewalled and secured computers, but after the virus infection of the Deadalus, surely they might have thought that the Wraith have computer virus which would slip under the rader.

Overall an ok season finale - but I am comparing it in size to the SG-1 season finale & last years Atlantis finale.

Comment

I thought it was a poor episode. Pretty dull. If it was placed any where else in the season, perhaps it would've been ok, but not as the last ep of the season.

The characters just seemed to get "stupider" by the minute. hmm...
                                Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Working...
                                X