No announcement yet.

Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having read nothing of season 3, here's my solution.

Sheppard will board the hive ship (having taken some cans of the retrovirus) and deploy the virus. While the wraith are all writhing on the deck, he'll find McKay and Ronan, free them with his knive. Yes, he'll have one this time. Or, maybe he'll just have enough virus to turn some of the crew human and the wraith and former wraith will fight it out.

McKay will put the coordinates for the ORI galaxy in their computer then let those fanatics deal with the wraith. Don't we wish.

Comment

Atlantis just needs to warn earth that 2 hive ships are coming, then earth can try and contact the aschen and allie with the aschen and get them to do what they do best and create a bio weapon to destroy the raith. We know that the ancients were researching bio weapons to fight the the raith, and since the aschen are so good at it maybe we should give them a shot. We could offer them gate address's to abandonded planets, since that is what they seem to want. I mean from what we saw the aschen arent overtly violent, they are just sneeky folks who want more farm land.

Comment

Originally posted by nfx
        the weapon in Antarctica is powered by a ZPM, which was very much depleted in the battle with Anubis. The only ZPM they have, AFAIK, is the one powering either the Daedalus, or some gizmo on Atlantis.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
        Yeah...... some gizmo on Atlantis.

A gizmo like the shields.

And I don't the Aschen are all that eager to help us out..... seeing as how we discovered their evil little plot, and gave them a bunch of nasty Gate Addresses.

But you know....... nice idea anyway....

Comment

Spoilers:

From the transcript:

ZELENKA: Once the hive left Atlantis, the worm began to destroy all of the data they had sent down.

TEYLA: Then this was their plan all along.

WEIR (to Radek): What did they get?

ZELENKA: This is one of the reasons we didn't detect it. They only uploaded two pieces of information: one -- the Aurora mission reports ...

WEIR: OK. And two?

ZELENKA: The location of every world on our database.

Aurora, if we will recall, had a relatively slow hyperdrive, and the Wraith from that episode used that in his scenario to convince Aurora's crew to develop hyoerdrive modifications that would allow them to achieve speeds on par with the Daedalus. I think that the implication here is that the mission reports contain these modifications adn that the hives will be able to impliment them quickly.

Comment

micheal said something about how wraith and human are not very different... now knowing stargate writers this means something very important for season 3 any thoughts?

Comment

I wouldn't.

Bad enough the Wraith are gonna be in the Milky Way without throwing the gods-rotted Ori into the mix.

For all that I think the Wraith are a lame, overly-cliche and ridiculous enemy, at least they're better than the Ori.

Comment

The Wraith land right in front of the Ori ships and get decimated, only McKay figures out some technobabble way to free himself and Ronin first, all happening in a matter of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by shw77
                  micheal said something about how wraith and human are not very different... now knowing stargate writers this means something very important for season 3 any thoughts?
                  Honestly my impression was that they are basically playing the same theme as in "Pretense" about humans and goa'uld not being that different, since we kill pigs etc. because we judge them to be lesser than ourselves. It's quite an old scifi plot element and I'm kinda bored of it...
                  Last edited by Draco_Astreus; 11 March 2006, 09:52 PM.
                  ~Draco Astreus

Comment

About Michael's wraith buddies wanting Earth to themselves... I am not sure of that. If you remember, the queen said: "All we want is the retrovirus. It is the key to ending a civil war that could go on for centuries." If their goal really is to end the civil war amongst the Wraith, my feeling is that they want to end it by procuring the emense food supply. Not neccessarily by hoarding it for themselves (do they really think they can fit 6 billion people in a couple hive ships?) but just by getting there, "paving the way" if you will, thus reuniting the wraith once again under one banner.
                    ~Draco Astreus

Comment

OK, i didnt realize it was the finalle so i was excited to watch the next episode, then the shock hit me that it was and.... lord i feel like crying i have to wait so long for the next episode! WHATS GONNA HAPPEN! LOL i wanna see it now

Comment

I do not see much of a problem with the Ori going to the milky way. I think they will find that they are many planets with space travel and space combat capabilities and they will have the Ori, the SGC and who knows what to deal with.
                        But I trust that the SGA writers already know this and will have some kind of twist, which I look forward to. I hope it is as hard to predict as the twist in this episode. You just know the wraith are up to something but .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ichigo
                          They could have told more wraith of earth and gave them the info they learned. The location of Atlantis, with the knowledge that its not blown up.
                          No way they would tell more Wraith...as we already know from backstory, the Wraith are made of competing factions. Why bolster another faction when you can have (Earth) all to yourselves?

Doubt they'd even bother with telling the other factions anything because they believe that it is of no significance since they acheived their primary goal (finding Earth).

I have my doubts about their being able to reach Earth anyway- I figure Sheppard rode the hyperdrive wave, and during their next stop will disable the Wraith hyperdrive(s), a long way from Earth. Although I would love a crossover episode, doubt strongly it happens here.

Comment

I'd find it fascinating to see a Hive ship drop out of hyperspace near Earth! .. but I doubt we'll see it happen.

Originally posted by j619pinoy
                            Talk about inconsistencies...the Daedulus' shield could barely handle an assault from 1 wraith hive ship???????

It stood up to 1 hive, 2-3 cruisers, and a waive of darts when it first reached Atlantis the first time without any issues....and it was NOT using a ZPM.
                            Their shields were still holding at the end of that battle .. and there were two Hive ships.

Darts probably hardly have an effect on Asgard shields.

..and the Daedalus had the ZPM for the start of the battle in The Siege. Now it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                              McKay will put the coordinates for the ORI galaxy in their computer then let those fanatics deal with the wraith. Don't we wish.
                              I like that solution!

Comment

Originally posted by DTM
                                Spoilers:

From the transcript:

ZELENKA: Once the hive left Atlantis, the worm began to destroy all of the data they had sent down.

TEYLA: Then this was their plan all along.

WEIR (to Radek): What did they get?

ZELENKA: This is one of the reasons we didn't detect it. They only uploaded two pieces of information: one -- the Aurora mission reports ...

WEIR: OK. And two?

ZELENKA: The location of every world on our database.

Aurora, if we will recall, had a relatively slow hyperdrive, and the Wraith from that episode used that in his scenario to convince Aurora's crew to develop hyoerdrive modifications that would allow them to achieve speeds on par with the Daedalus. I think that the implication here is that the mission reports contain these modifications adn that the hives will be able to impliment them quickly.
                                Definitely, a quote from Inferno:

Weir: Well, Rodney should still have the technical specs you brought back from the Aurora mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X