Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasySyma
    The finale was well-done, and except for a few odd moments, the episode blended tension, team dynamics, and alliances well.

The Good:
    The Basic Plot--I liked the idea of a Wraith/Atlantis alliance, and the way the wraith sucked Atlantis in and betrayed the city was well done.

Makeup--The look of the wraith is expanding. The wraith queen and Michael add a more personal touch to the wraith, and I appreciated this distinction. I will be curious to see how Michael plays a part in the future because he seems to appreciate a bit of both worlds now.

Team dynamics--While Ronon did get on my nerves a bit (particularly the scene with Micheal), the episode worked well and everyone, Ronon included, played a key part in the episode. McKay in particular was vastly improved from last week's episode.

The Bad:
    Sheppard's mysterious status. He's not dead, but he's not around. He's off in limbo??? I just found this odd, and since Sheppard was the one who was nearly dead at the end of last season, it would have been nice to have someone else like Weir or Teyla on the proverbial chopping block (and I'm not counting Ronon and Rodney--that's next)

I thought the Ronon and Rodney sequence at the end was well done, but I wonder if the final scene reminded anyone else of the Season 1 finale of Andromda scene with Tier and Harper. If Ronon begins screaming "Where there's life, there's hope" or if Rodney is impregnated with baby wraith, my next episode review could be quite ugly.

Overall, it was a good Atlantis episode, and I look forward to Season 3. 9/10.
    Hahahaha... this is EXACTLY what I thought when i saw that scene. Harper and Teir.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

No they trick rodney in giving them a couple of ugrades, when he was repairing their systems. I think on of the upgrades was a faster hyperdrive, much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
        Didnt they say all the Wraith stuff would be on non-networked firewalled computers? You would think they would have enough common sense to do that.

You would think they would realize something is up by how stupid the Wraith are. Really, did they really need the humans help to find something to distrubute the gas?
        They did download the wraith information on non-networked firewalled computers....they did have sense enough to do that. They then searched and scanned the file for any possible worms and/or viruses. It was after they deemed it "safe" that they transfered the information to the network so that a good bit of the science staff could work on it and not just one person. Zelenka said that it was like an encylopedia of information. One or two people alone could not sift through that much information. Their mistake was not catching the worm.

I think the wraith have proven that they are anything but stupid. They came up with a brilliant plan and executed it flawlessly so far. Can you say the same for the Atlantis expedition? One of the Atlantis expeditions greatest flaws is always underestimating the enemy. They recognize the danger their enemies pose (such as the Genii and the Wraith) but always consider themselves smarter.

As for the decision to open up communication and an alliance with the wraith hive.....I don't see where they really had a choice. They were pinned against the wall. Given the circumstances and the time constraints, they did what they had to do.

Comment

With thier hyperdrive, its gonna take them like five years to get there anyway.

Comment

I liked this episode but as a cliffhanger, it was too much like last year's finale to me - let's make Sheppard disappear again. *yawn*

We know the Wraith won't make it to the MW, we know Shep isn't dead, and sandwiched between a terrific SG1 cliffhanger (that really WAS a cliffhanger), and a mind blowing BSG, it fell a bit flat.

B+

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd rate it that high, myself. More of a middling C for sheer unoriginality. Possibly a B- just because the non-plot stuff was fairly good: McKay, Beckett, Zelenka, Chuckles... they made it entertaining. But plot-wise it was very recycled. I have to keep lowering my expectations for this show and I kinda resent that. S1 was MUCH better, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                LOL!

More target practice for the Ori ships if those Hives manage to get here. The Wraith thinks their Hives are all big and bad.... well, the Ha'Taks can swarm them and destroy them. While the Ori ships which are as big, if not bigger... can obliterate a Hive in 1 shot.
                agreed the ori ships weapons would make the borg pee there pants
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I liked this episode but as a cliffhanger, it was too much like last year's finale to me - let's make Sheppard disappear again. *yawn*
                  That's right. I think they need to drop this "OMG! Sheppard is going to die!" routine. How many times has he been missing presumed dead so far? It's really getting old. We all know they're not going to kill off the main character. Putting him in danger for the millionth time won't provide any suspense. If The Siege Pt. III is anything to go by, the cliffhanger will be resolved in the first 30 seconds of the S3 premiere, and the scope of the plot will rapidly expand to fill the remaining 42 minutes of the episode.

Comment

well i dont remember them saying anything about updating the wraith ship with anything, myabe ill watch it again, Never trust the damn wraith

Comment

After the wrath got what they wanted , they atacked the daedalus, they knocked out mckay and ronon and are on there way to earth, but why wouldnt they tell all the other wraith about atlantis, then we would be screwed, if alies n comelot r haening at the same time we r really screwed be earth would be out of shis, so either the orion comes and saves the day, or one of earth's alies will save us, or mckay and ronon save the day

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                        IMHO, the Wraith are keeping Rodney alive in case they need him to help make the upgrades to their engines. I mean, really, if he's of no further use, they would not keep him around. As for Ronan, he's a bargining chip. A -"If you don't fix our engines, we'll kill Chewie." - sort of thing.
                        Kill Chewie, that's better then McKay's "Conan and Xena" line. So, we have Rodney and Ronan on the Hive, Teyla and Beckett back with Atlantis, and Sheppard missing. Talk about a fragmented team.

I bet Sheppard managed to get aboard the Hive. We saw him incredibly close to it, and then nothing. The Hives block communication right? So, if the brain and the brawn (Rodney and Ronan) can get loose, meet up with Sheppard, they will need an escape. The Daedalus took some heavy damage, so it may be out for a bit. So, the only options for a rescue lie in:

1. The Orion, piloted by Beckett and commanded by Lorne. However, sublight is barely on and weapons are not. Zelenka would have to work overtime on it. Or...
                        2. The Genii under Laden. He owes Atlantis one, and he has as much reason to fight the Wraith as everyone else. They don't have the technology, but they have spies everywhere and a good military.

I can't wait until July.
                        Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by j619pinoy
                          Talk about inconsistencies...the Daedulus' shield could barely handle an assault from 1 wraith hive ship???????

It stood up to 1 hive, 2-3 cruisers, and a waive of darts when it first reached Atlantis the first time without any issues....and it was NOT using a ZPM.
                          yeah i was thinking the same thing

Comment

and it only takes deady 21 or 28 days to get between galexies
                            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm
                              They did download the wraith information on non-networked firewalled computers....they did have sense enough to do that. They then searched and scanned the file for any possible worms and/or viruses. It was after they deemed it "safe" that they transfered the information to the network so that a good bit of the science staff could work on it and not just one person. Zelenka said that it was like an encylopedia of information. One or two people alone could not sift through that much information. Their mistake was not catching the worm.

I think the wraith have proven that they are anything but stupid. They came up with a brilliant plan and executed it flawlessly so far. Can you say the same for the Atlantis expedition? One of the Atlantis expeditions greatest flaws is always underestimating the enemy. They recognize the danger their enemies pose (such as the Genii and the Wraith) but always consider themselves smarter.

As for the decision to open up communication and an alliance with the wraith hive.....I don't see where they really had a choice. They were pinned against the wall. Given the circumstances and the time constraints, they did what they had to do.

For the most part I agree with you.

First I really don't understand how firewalled comps protect you from all virus' which is something I thought McKay would know; especially unknown alien virus'. Not to mention Weir made it a point to even say we have to make sure it was secure.

As for the pressing of time..they had time. If they had enough time to spend to turn a retrovirus into canister gases they could have taken the time to really study this and further more if anything protect themselves at least from that. Not to mention I believe it was Carson who said something about working several days with their scientist on making sure that it worked in the first place.

But there was not enough of a stand down to McKay (who was a little to anxious) and Weir again should remind herself these people are not humans. We have to be wary as to what they do. They EAT humans and because of that, reason doesn't work unless you have your own failsafe.

And there was plenty of time to see if they can figure in some kind of failsafe with that doohickey. Like McKay going into the Hive Ship....oh no way would I let that happen....I'm not giving away my people as free din-din. Sure he had that thing..but he never even got a chance to test to see if it would work. He just said it would. Now explain to me what scientist does something like that. They were running tests like rampant and none was done for that beaming doohickey.

But as for ending up in this position well...again as I had said before this is domino affect to the original situation in 'Michael' which caused this. I mean Weir made disastrous mistakes in Michael at this point there's nothing really you can do but make a choice between monumentally bad and just plain old damned awful. Catch 22, baby! But much like Weir, I'd take damned awful. But then again I would not allow 'Michael' on home base (but somewhere else) to ever have had to be put in this situation.

And I have to say again....pretty much everyone proved they were silly on some level besides I have to say Teyla...even Ronon which I couldn't understand.

And let me ask this..guys?! How many of you thought it was odd that Ronon went on that Hive ship? I mean they were two to a huge number. Ronon hates these guys.

Bloody Atlantis crew and their over confidence and unfortunately Teyla and Ronon falling into their silliness because their awed by what the Atlantis crew could do (since they've never seen it before--I'm from eArth and have seen a bit of some things...and I was still amazed that Carson could turn Wraith to human). But at least overall they remember that these people are WRAITH.

Thankfully we have that. Unfortunately no one to listen to them...maybe after this they will. I say we raise up all the underground bunkers or create societies like in 'Logan's Run' to keep us safe from the Wraith. Or we could just wait for them to come and prepare for our doom...I wonder how SG-1 is gonna be alerted.

And definitely want to know how their going to react when they find out the mistakes that were made...oh dear!

VB
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                                If Earth was really clever and more into spygame type stuff they should try to work it out so that the Hiveships entering the MW get here but somehow meet an Ori ship/fleet when they do.

It would be hard as hell to do but if it could be done it would probably get the two of them blasting the crap out of each other for years and us sitting back laughing.

The Wraith would want to eat the Ori galaxy since it's full of humans and the Ori would want to purge the non believer Wraith and protect all their peons from getting gobbled up.
                                That's a good plan, but as you said, hard to implement.

Comment

Working...
                                X