Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarshAngel
    I agree it was a domino effect but I am always shocked that they don't sense a double cross coming. They made the same mistake with the Genii. They just have a bad habit of trusting way to fast and way too easily. They are at war, it's time to be paranoid and expect a double cross and hold one of your own just in case.

It was the only decision she could make I just don't see how they couldn't have expected something majorly underhanded instead of relying on the obvious. They protected themselves but they just didn't think creatively until something goes wrong. it's their MO.

They know the Wraith want to go to earth and they know they want hyperdrives. You invite them to the one place they can get information on both and you don't expect them to try to get that? That's just nuts.
    I know I agree..their fools. I mean Teyla again warned. And I was surprised that Weir wasn't more adamant about testing out what they sent before she said the okay to the Wraith Queen..and thanking her on her act of good faith.

I was like Weir...this is not the president of Haiti or Zimbabwe (a few corrupt leaders in those countries). These are THINGS you can't take at face value..curb McKay...curb McKay...And McKay well he's just a science freak and hence the reason Weir should have curbed him. But again what are they supposed to do.

On another point...I'm really starting to think that Zalenka is gay, I think he's in love with McKay..not that it's a bad thing. But this is the second time I've seen that or third. Maybe it's just me. Maybe Zalenka isn't in love with McKay.

VB
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Well i have to say i liked the episode very much. I was alittle confused when it said conner trinner was in the episode when i thought that he was not going to return as michael untill no mans land?? Was that really conner trinner at the beginning of the episode???? I cant wait until July for the season premeir.
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

No I don'tt hink it was him..maybe it was an error..it didn't even look like him.this guy looked short.

VB
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

The orginal guy who played Micheal was unaviable....

Spoiler:
          But he is coming back next season.
          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Yeah thats what it said on gateworld that someone new was going to play michael in allies but on the credits it had both actors.
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

The finale was well-done, and except for a few odd moments, the episode blended tension, team dynamics, and alliances well.

The Good:
              The Basic Plot--I liked the idea of a Wraith/Atlantis alliance, and the way the wraith sucked Atlantis in and betrayed the city was well done.

Makeup--The look of the wraith is expanding. The wraith queen and Michael add a more personal touch to the wraith, and I appreciated this distinction. I will be curious to see how Michael plays a part in the future because he seems to appreciate a bit of both worlds now.

Team dynamics--While Ronon did get on my nerves a bit (particularly the scene with Micheal), the episode worked well and everyone, Ronon included, played a key part in the episode. McKay in particular was vastly improved from last week's episode.

The Bad:
              Sheppard's mysterious status. He's not dead, but he's not around. He's off in limbo??? I just found this odd, and since Sheppard was the one who was nearly dead at the end of last season, it would have been nice to have someone else like Weir or Teyla on the proverbial chopping block (and I'm not counting Ronon and Rodney--that's next)

I thought the Ronon and Rodney sequence at the end was well done, but I wonder if the final scene reminded anyone else of the Season 1 finale of Andromda scene with Tier and Harper. If Ronon begins screaming "Where there's life, there's hope" or if Rodney is impregnated with baby wraith, my next episode review could be quite ugly.

Overall, it was a good Atlantis episode, and I look forward to Season 3. 9/10.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

There was a lot to love about this ep.

McKay was at his snarky, brilliant best. His playing off Hermiod was wonderful. And yay to McKay for one-upping an Asgard!

More scenes on the Daedalus and lots of scenes and dialogue for the delectable Captain Kleinman. Yum!

I like the Wraith queen- her style, demeanor and dress. Very slick, very cool.

Scenes and dialogue for the adorable Chuck the Technician. And LOL to him getting shoved away from the console by McKay. Poor Chuckles. He don't get no respect.

Now... I did have a few problems. Don't I always?

First, the cycle of stupidity continues. Atlantis has, of late, exhibited suicidal (genocidal?) stupidity, trusting people at the drop of a hat, just because "it seemed like a good idea at the time." I don't see how they thought siding with the wraith- ANY wraith- could possibly be a good idea. Even assuming they lack the common sense God gave a rock (and I'm beginning to think that's exactly the case), have they learned nothing from SG-1? Wasn't one of the issues in Summit/Last Stand the fact that having a bunch of squabbling system lords was preferrable to having one SUPREME system lord such as Anubis? Well, wouldn't this be a similar issue? Hell, Mikey's hive even admitted that eventually they'd go back to killing "regular" humans. There's stupid and then there's STOOPID. And for a bunch of geniuses, Atlantis is gods damn STOOPID.

The make-up job on Michael was awful. He looked... gangrenous. And heavier than I remember. And what's with the gray hair? If there's some genetic quirk that makes all male wraith have white hair and Michael's is mixed because of what Carson did, then shouldn't his hair at least be BROWN and white? 'cause it was looking awfully blackish to me. Although I suppose that could have been the lighting.

The "wraith virus" trick was old the first time they tried it. Now it's bordering on the ridiculous. FFS, couldn't they come up with something BETTER? And was there really any point to launching the fighters? Were they just stalling for time waiting for McKay and Ronon to beam back? And why didn't they have radios or something to stay in communication?

Oh, and speaking of using the same tricks twice, WTF is with having Shep go "missing" again? Puh-lease. My guess is he did what the Deddy was supposed to do and lampreyed himself onto/near the hiveship.

I do like the capture of Ronon and McKay, but I think the wraith getting to Earth is pathetic. Yeah, it's wonderful angst for McKay- as if he needs it (and as if his guilt and the repercussions will last more than an ep or two), but the forced meshing of Atlantis and SG-1 shows a dismaying lack of creativity, IMO. The parrots like to say, "crossovers are inevitable", but personally I think they should also be FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. This is just... asinine. It reeks of desperation. THIS is the best they could come up with?

Allies had some great stuff to it, there's no denying that, but my hopes for season 3 continue to dwindle.

Comment

Wow. I definitely prefer this episode over Camelot. As someone said, bad decisions all around, but they were pretty well backed into a corner thanks to the Michael incident. Good moments with Hermiod and McKay (together and seperately) and a very nice cliffhanger. There's only two problems I can think of.

First, the episode's ending was only decent because of SG-1's, in my opinion. The thought of the Wraith fighting the Ori just plain makes me giddy. Of course, I realize this is unlikely to happen, as it's a logistical nightmare, having two season premieres woven so closely together. And just because they haven't announced another crossover, that doesn't mean there won't be one. I'm sure the actual episode won't live up to the hype of my imagination, but it's certainly got me eagerly anticipating.

Second, there wasn't much of a sense of urgency, to me. Maybe it's just me, but both series have been relatively devoid of any genuine urgency or drama. SG-1 has been boring and detached, where Atlantis has just seemed slightly lethargic. Again, this could just be me. I don't know. Neither of these episodes felt like season finales.
                  Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                  Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

This episode rocked, it was the best of the season. It had everything, Asgards, Wraith, big ships fighting, little bit of comedy. I loved it. Why does Ronon have to pull his gun out on everybody? It's getting a little repetitive

Comment

To Read this you need to have seen the season finale of season two. If you haven't go back to season two.

I am serious.

How long until the wraith get to the location specified in the files they stole?

I was under the impression their hyper drive is it? Sucks and it would take years. It takes a few months on the Daedalas(spell'd wrong).

Is Daed anything more than a taxi?
                      IamdumbbutIwanttobespecial

Sorry for the sarcasm, I am prepared to be called immature, juvinile and retarted for what must seem like some idiots ramblings.

"Carter tried to seduce me."
                      "You poor man"

"No no no no, he just doesn't like going through the Stargate."
                      "He's worse than Dr. McCoy."
                      "Who?"
                      "The character that Dr. Beckett plays in real life."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        Gee really? And here I thought we were all Dooommmedddd.

You know what would be funny (but also wont happen) is that the 2 wraith hiveships show up at earth the same time the Ori do... NOW THAT would be funny.
                        haha that would be awesome.

ori crusaders: *looks at wraith* THESE are the inhabitants of earth?!
                        wraith: food!

and then they have an all out war in earth's space and all die leaving earth with nothing to do but watch

Comment

Definitely a good finale. I like seeing more and more of the Wraith. It would suck pretty bad if
                          Spoiler:
                          they showed up at Earth as the Ori are invading our galaxy
                          . Talk about bad timing. I can't wait for season 3.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OMG.! we are so screwed! Twice! Not only are we gettin g our butts kicked by the Ori but now the wraith! Excellent end to a great season. Bring on season 3!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This ep should have been called damned if you do damned if you don't. I don't think they were left with any choice though they were way too naieve and trusting.

Shep is piggy backing on one of the wraith ships. as usual shadowmaat you hit it right on the head.

very excited to see how ronon and mckay get themselves out of that pickle.

I liked to different looks for the wraith. was it just me or did the wraith queen's tattoo remind anyone of mike tyson?

kinda slow at the beginning but overall very nice.
                              Last edited by Galilahi; 10 March 2006, 08:59 PM.

"I will follow you to the ends of this world and into the next. I will not leave you."

Comment

Originally posted by Galilahi
                                This ep should have been called damned if you do damned if you don't. I don't think they were left with any choice though they were way too naieve and trusting.

Shep is piggy backing on one of the wraith ships. as usual shadowmaat you hit it right on the head.

very excited to see how ronon and mckay get themselves out of that pickle.

kinda slow at the beginning but overall very nice.
                                Hah! Or "The Trojan Horse", for the computer virus trick and the Wraith lure. I liked this episode. I was disapointed that they didn't have Connor Trinnear, but the episode was well written, well acted and interesting. Andy Mikita gave good direction, as usual.
                                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                                X