Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Lucky you Tealcfan....I mean I where we're at we're stuck with Inferno
    Spoiler:
    (which is great by the way)
    before Allies.
    Sorry bout that had a "brain Fart"

Comment

The ep 301 is titled No Mans Land so theyll probably get destroyed en route to MW.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

i think i was a bit miffed at ronon so easily giving into the idea of working with the wraith to destroy the wraith. it seemed wierd to me. but now he's stuck with mckay and we get to see more ronon and mckay interaction in s3

but besides all that, i did really like the ep. altho it annoys me that i have to wait a while till no man's land is aired and then distributed online, i guess ill be patient. i remember reading somewhere (or hearing from something) that tptb like to put each major character in a bind so if they decide to get rid of one of them, they have a good excuse.

hmm poor teyla. she's proven herself to be the wisest of the bunch imo and still no one listens to her when its important oooh and the mckay and hermy thing was funny hermy rocks! this forum needs some hermiod smilies

Comment

spoilers,"spoilers.""spoilers.""spoilers.""spoilers.""spoilers.""spoilers.""spoi lers.""spoilers." don't read unless u are ready to end the season 3 last esp.

Spoiler:
          for of u that don't know, the wriath get earth location thanks to micheal. they get it by the use of a computer virus that they sent as part of the deal.

this is the second time that we have seen wriath computer virus do so much damage, is it possible that the wriath have a little computer smarts like the ancients did, or is it possible the one of the alterans is or did help the wriath at somepoint along that war of theres?????? they have shown increbile ablity to create virus, infact the team that was looking at the information missed the virus the first time, to prevent from ruining the esp. i will hold back some of the details.
          this is the first i'm starting a thread, but i hope u enjoy, and i hope i am ok, with the spoilers.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
          pps = power per second
          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
          xfire = zpm
          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
          http://m2kclan.com
          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
          port: 3785
          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

The Wraith viruses are pretty good but could be prevented by simple common sense
            Spoiler:
            In Allies, Weir insists on downloading the first bit of Wraith data into a non-networked computer, but then McKay got lazy and apparently downloaded the Wraith schematics to the mainframe it appears. Unless the virus really was on a non-networked computer and managed to find its way out somehow (accessing wireless capabilities to jump out of the computer?) then its really not that impressive, just stupid on the part of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Seldini
              The Wraith viruses are pretty good but could be prevented by simple common sense
              Spoiler:
              In Allies, Weir insists on downloading the first bit of Wraith data into a non-networked computer, but then McKay got lazy and apparently downloaded the Wraith schematics to the mainframe it appears. Unless the virus really was on a non-networked computer and managed to find its way out somehow (accessing wireless capabilities to jump out of the computer?) then its really not that impressive, just stupid on the part of the team.
              Spoiler:
              no, they went over the data,, found nothing harmful, then they put it on the network so that the geeks downstairs could look at it.

in all the virus was very hard to detect and they detected it to late. then someone says
              Spoiler:
              "omg"

pps = power per second
              xfire = zpm

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!!
                Spoiler:
                no, they went over the data,, found nothing harmful, then they put it on the network so that the geeks downstairs could look at it.

in all the virus was very hard to detect and they detected it to late. then someone says
                Spoiler:
                "omg"
                Oh that's really not that impressive then, just a decent trojan, something like that would be easy to hide in a massive directory of Wraith knowledge, its not like they can just run McAfee.

Comment

anyway back to the point, how did they become so computer smart, they been sleeping for 1000 yrs, the must have a ancietgone bad helping them or they have some stuff that the ancients don't even have?

pps = power per second
                  xfire = zpm

Comment

man, they need to install norton or something on the atlantis computer system..

or at least AVG, its free for crying out loud.
                    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I'm sorry.... but I just don't see the big threat if the Wraith discover Earth's location.

It takes them months to get from one side of Pegasus to another. It would take them years, possibly even decades or centuries to reach Earth. More than enough time for us to mount a defense.

The real threat, of course, is the Ori Supergate.

Comment

i just surprised.

Atlantis has a way to maintain communication with earth, and every once in a while sombody from atlantis take a trip home. so... why don't they take a dead wraith with them, so the scientists on earth study them, and speed up Becketts research.
                        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Regarding 2X20 (the season finnally were the wrath send us a virus and they learn were earth is)

aright I thought all the info the Wraith had sent to us was on a non networked firewalled computer. if it was non networked how could they posibly of gotten the location of all the wourlds and arora mission reports. I think this is so unreal and how would you define locations in space? posision from alantis? i mean thats altlest 100 gigs of information seeing there are thousands of stargates. Its kind of funny how wraith can get at the databace so easy but yet the alantis team cant find things like how to make a zmp or weapons and things or just about anaything elce. wow unbeleavable what do the rest of you think about this?

Comment

Yes it was downloaded to a non networked firewalled machine/server but after they looked at it and were able to study it, they prob moved it onto the network cuz we saw either McKay or Zalenka looking at the schematics of the hive ships on a comp in a main lab, which suggests that it was on a network comp. Dont forget they were taken in by the Wraith story and believed what they had to say and so let their guards down as such. Nothing happened until the Wraith left Atlantis and then they retracted the info they wanted (ie the address to earth) and also removed the info they gave us. However this would probly mean that we still have the schematics to the Hives and the other stuff cuz it would still be on the non network part of the system and they would have just copied it to the network

Comment

If they did move it to a network computer why would they interface it with the main altaintis databace what are they stuiped or somthing. I could do 10 times better job alone that what they are doing. Im just saying that when you have an ememy near by you you dont do somthing that stuiped it makes it so unrealistic. Ii enjoyed the one were we got the orion 2X19 was probly one of the best alantis epesodes ever and then this season final was a total let down. Also how do you give space driections its like imposible. What would you say, 352390 lightyears from alantis EAST then go to milkey way and then find earth? and even then theres no way to get there. Theres no way the mission reports from arrora are going to tell them how to make a hyperdrive,hahha what a joke maby at the max tell them how to upgrade a anchent hyperdrive. Also as far as loosing the info theres no way they lost one shread of the info the warth gave them because if you know computers once somthing is written to a hard drive it can not be destroyed without physicaly destroying the hard drive. Even writeing over the information hundreds of times will still not erace the data. All they need to do is bring it to a computer store and they can get back every shread. This is why the pentagon shreads and then incinagrates there hard drives. research it if you dont beleave me.
                              Hey i got an ideal how about they give the wrath a ride on the dutleas to earth. im sorry i cant spell im only 5 years old what do you expect
                              Last edited by silent101; 03 March 2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                                I'm sorry.... but I just don't see the big threat if the Wraith discover Earth's location.

It takes them months to get from one side of Pegasus to another. It would take them years, possibly even decades or centuries to reach Earth. More than enough time for us to mount a defense.

The real threat, of course, is the Ori Supergate.
                                yea, but hello, if the ori make a big dent in the defenses of the milky way galaxy then 2 wriath hives with 6 crusiers. how much damage and feeding do u think they can do. infact they have the entire planet database, the wriath can then choose which planet they want to feed on first. and to be honest, the only thing that i see that can stand up to a wriath ship and take the beating is the tar'i ships and the asgard, forget the jaffa nation.!! btw, i calacute that the time if they kept going and only made short term pit stops then they would be to the milkyway in 2 months. maybe less.!!!

pps = power per second
                                xfire = zpm

Comment

Working...
                                X