Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by civilbloodshed
    I guess by now it would be rather superfluous to say how much I loved this ep. But for the record, I'm completely certain Carl Binder is fully ware of what the fandom wants. Well, mostly...

As for the ship, ain't this mother on loan? It's not really ours, but the whoever are letting us use it because we saved their butts and we can fix it up all nice and shiny. It's totally theirs though; Elizabeth would definitely make sure they gave it back when the times comes.
    I believe it would be a joint partnership, we take care of the ship, keep it warm at night and pay its bills in return for using it. They might have a representitive that is commander when they want to use it. Cause they should face the fact they suck at fixing ancient tech, whilst we can and have proved it to them. Or maybe we will trade with them, giving them something they can actully use.

Comment

forgive me if this has been already discussed,

but in the opening shot of the stargate the glyphs are facing away from the facility, but then when they dial atlantis and are going through the gate the glyphs are facing the facility and people arnt dying from going through the wrong end.

anyone else pick up on this?

Comment

well i didn't

are the PG gates look the same on both sides, or is it a continuaty error?

Comment

According to the screencaps (http://www.stargatecaps.com/), the symbols are on both sides. If you look at the first couple of caps on page 1 of the pages for Inferno, the symbols are definitely on the side facing away from the facility, although at this stage we don't see the other side of the Gate. If you then go to page 3 and look at the caps of the Gate collapsing, there are symbols on the front as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
            Cause they should face the fact they suck at fixing ancient tech, whilst we can and have proved it to them.
            Yeah, the Tauri are the Pegasus version of the Asgard.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19
              theres already a thread for discussing inferno, and a thread for discussing the new ship orion

where !!! ????

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23081 For the ship
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21932 For the episode.

Comment

<snip>
                  Your not allowed to mention downloading eps...its an official forum rule
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 27 January 2006, 11:19 AM.
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Sorry if someone already posted this, but the funniest moment for me was when the volcano was about to erupt.Beckett was scrambling around the ship's bridge to find a seat and Shep's face was priceless when he saw him running. Anybody else thought that captain's chair looked like it was made for chimps?

Comment

I believe it would be a joint partnership, we take care of the ship, keep it warm at night and pay its bills in return for using it. They might have a representitive that is commander when they want to use it. Cause they should face the fact they suck at fixing ancient tech, whilst we can and have proved it to them. Or maybe we will trade with them, giving them something they can actully use.
                      Maybe the Orion is on lease. You can drive it so many miles, make sure you don't dent it, get it back by a certain time, but if you return it full of holes, a week late, there'll be hell to pay

I think the, uh, er, whoever they are, the volcano folk, will work out a deal that some of their people are always on board the Orion to keep us Earth folk honest

Comment

The Ancients might just have been trying to come up with alternative energy sources. I mean, hello, giant supervolcano that generates massive amounts of power here. Why not try and harvest that power for free?

Or, that outpost was before they came up with a way to mass produce ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05
                          Wow, this was such a great episode! Exceptional special effects and a tight story, and of course nothing can beat the McKay/Sheppard banter. I loved watching John manipulate Rodney any way he could, from making him jealous to questioning his brilliance. And Rodney knew what he was up to but was powerless to resist. Just great! Excellent job, everyone. Can't wait for the fan fics to start rolling in on this one.
                          You sound like a McShep (Mckay/Sheppard Slash) fan or one in the making. Join us on the Slashy side! Hallowed are the Slashers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                            Great episode all around. They managed to introduce a new ship and getting it into the hands of the Atlantis team without making them seem greedy or selfish.

I really hope that they choose to use the Orion for a preventive strike against that hive ship, would be grea for Atlantis to go on the offensive for a change. Perhaps they could locate an inhabited world between them and the wraith and try and make it look like the people of that world are the ones fighting back? It would delay the wraith for some time.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't see why they would do that as in the season finale, Michael will contact us (from that hive ship) asking for an alliance.

Comment

I believe it would be a joint partnership, we take care of the ship, keep it warm at night and pay its bills in return for using it. They might have a representitive that is commander when they want to use it.
                              That's a good point, but I think that there might have to be more than just a single representative in order to really show partnership. I think the crew should most likely be an even mix of the Tauri (?) and SGC. I mean, they're not completely useless; even if they are a bit behind. Its bad diplomacy to overwhelm people you want to like you, which might happen if we almost completely take over their ship.
                              Last edited by civilbloodshed; 27 January 2006, 03:56 PM. Reason: Thread Subscription
                              Spaggel knows Rodney is a dangerous man.

Comment

we are the tau'ri, they are the tollans i think

Comment

Working...
                                X