No announcement yet.

Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i wish I could answer your question, but sky one decides to run a trailer before the the progamme ends, I was moaning so much, I didn't hear, I can't believe they did that.

Comment

Originally posted by axel3792
      SPOILERS (highlight)

did we get to keep the Orion? my recorded tape crapped out before the end

i had to use white text because i dont know how to do the spoiler thing (is it an html tag?)

The Spoiler tag is {SPOILER} Insert Spoiler Here {/SPOILER}, just replace { & } with [ & ].

Comment

OK...

1. This was disaster movie territory, vomplete with cliche about one group going it alone a la "Day from Tommorrow".

2. Paranoia from Chancellor was interestingish.

3. Sheppard and McKay were very cool here

4. Interesting set up for Allies.

Overall it may be disaster movie territory but it took SG1's Fail Safe to the cleaners! Michael has the edge on it but it's definately Coup D'Etat quality.

And you guys do realise that every time 'Kirking' gets mentioned, Star Trekking starts up in my head don't you!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
          Well i wish I could answer your question, but sky one decides to run a trailer before the the progamme ends, I was moaning so much, I didn't hear, I can't believe they did that.
          Yeah i couldnt believe that either, but anyway i think we get to keep it but not sure if its still taranian property or completely ours.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The sky advert came on before they got to that bit though, they were in th bits just after the Orion came out of Hyper Space, and left when Sheppard told Caldwell they had all the survivors

Then they had bits at atlantis talking about the wraith hip and how they've been given the ship o,o

Comment

Originally posted by axel3792
              SPOILERS (highlight)

Spoiler:
              did we get to keep the Orion? my recorded tape crapped out before the end

i had to use white text because i dont know how to do the spoiler thing (is it an html tag?)
              The way i picked it up is that we got a loaned of the orion... which probably means that its either gonna be destroyed next season or its ours to keep
              Originally posted by Terrah
              Sky are really starting to annoy me when it comes to stargate.... they have barely advertised it this year. Advertised crappy shows that nobody watches, more than stargate, and now this
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                Overall it may be disaster movie territory but it took SG1's Fail Safe to the cleaners! Michael has the edge on it but it's definately Coup D'Etat quality.
                Hmm.. Struck me more of a good version of "100 days". *shrugs* Who didn't see the gate being swallowed up and them having to fix the ship, seriously? It was painfully obvious, but still a great ep.

I liked the Ronon/Teyla interaction just before they were "beamed up". Next week should be good....

EDIT: For Brits: Who was annoyed that Sky One showed the "What's next" thing right at the climax of the show? As much as i loved to hear what episode of "Rescue Me" was on, i was much more interested in what banter was going on...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

from the transcript:-

WEIR: Well, as quickly as you can, Rodney. The Chancellor has graciously allowed us to use the ship in exchange for our help.

So we don't own it, we just use it. Probably wont stay ours for long IMO, most likely it will get destroyed, maybe by
                  Spoiler:
                  the azurans in Progeny
                  If at first you don't succeed.... try a bigger thermo-nuclear reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                    Hmm.. Struck me more of a good version of "100 days". *shrugs* Who didn't see the gate being swallowed up and them having to fix the ship, seriously? It was painfully obvious, but still a great ep.

I liked the Ronon/Teyla interaction just before they were "beamed up". Next week should be good....

EDIT: For Brits: Who was annoyed that Sky One showed the "What's next" thing right at the climax of the show? As much as i loved to hear what episode of "Rescue Me" was on, i was much more interested in what banter was going on...
                    I was screaming at the t.v., shouting obscenities at Sky. I mean right at the climax of the episode! Arghhh!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                      I was screaming at the t.v., shouting obscenities at Sky. I mean right at the climax of the episode! Arghhh!
                      I hate sky for doing this. They usually wait till the credits, but no, wait till just about safe and voice over dialogue ...... ahhhhhhh
                      I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Totally agree with Sky ruining the ending of the show.

I'm emailing Sky today regarding that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                          Totally agree with Sky ruining the ending of the show.

I'm emailing Sky today regarding that.
                          Yep I'm going to do the same. It was complete incompetence on their part. They usually do that over the closing credits. Someone got it wrong. I was thinking of watching one of the repeat showings to see if they get it right then.

I actually enjoyed this episode. I hadn't been sure about it from what others had said, particularly in relation to McKay/Sheppard and Darina. But I thought it worked well. It was funny. Sheppard was obviously winding McKay up and he responded, as usual. Ronon and Teyla's reaction to the McKay/Darina situation was good too.

I found the episode built the suspense well. It was one where all the main characters were in peril at one stage or another, even though Elizabeth got back to Atlantis before the real trouble began.

It was good to see the interaction between Teyla and Ronon. It is very natural and helps the show's dynamic.

All in all - another good show.

Comment

In regards to Sky’s trailer...

They have technical problems like us all, to stress I was immensely angry about the trail for whatever show…I think it was 24. May I remind you that Stargate Atlantis is repeated Friday and Saturday, set your recorders.

Merlin1701

sigpic

Comment

Back to subject though...it was a great episode.

My thoughts....
                              We call the Aurora and Orion ancient war ships is that compared with our vessels, the tactical prowess or that they were built in time of war. Will there be bigger, better ships out there?

The tarains, or whatever they are called should be revisited again. helping them build their homeworld, fitting defences, building an earth outpost their.

your thoughts....

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode, it was SGA at its best!
                                The McShep banter was wonderful, and my whole family laughed at the Norina, Shep, McKay situation:very funny stuff, not to be taken too seriously methinks!
                                The magma spewing effects were good as was the over all tension of the episode.
                                The Teyla/Ronon plot was well done, and the Orion was great.
                                I believe Sheppard was winding McKay up too, though I do believe Sheppard appreciates a pretty woman as much as the next guy, can't say this bothered me much though.
                                For me this episode had what so many other episodes have lacked: excitement, well written dialogue and the two true stars of the show playing off eachother brilliantly, creating not only tension but pure entertainment.
                                More like this please, PTB.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X