No announcement yet.

Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing down major events so they can play up the hormonal rampage got old a long time ago.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but people could have reated more to loosing half their team at one point. *Cough*BeckettandMckay*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Playing down major events so they can play up the hormonal rampage got old a long time ago.
        I have to agree with you here. I did think that the conversation about learning under you and getting off was hilarious but I'm tired of having my shiny boy blue (shep) being such a slut. yes he's gorgeous but the kirk refrences are right on. Blondie McRetard needed to be shot into space about 2 seconds after she came on. and the hands behind the back comment, right on. two words sweetie: Acting Crutch!
        Besides that though I kinda liked it, loved the effects.

"I will follow you to the ends of this world and into the next. I will not leave you."

Comment

I love the special effects on SGA. They're always so vivid and believably created. Enjoyed the ep, too. Sheppard and McKay were fun. I've missed that in the latest episodes.
          The scene with the caldera blowing and the ship coming out into space, that was so very cool. Some really talented people doing the work on this show.

Comment

I hope we see Norena again in the near future. God dam Brandy Ledford is hot!

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

This episode was okay. I liked the team aspect. I think it's odd, i like for my science fiction to be based in reality somewhat, but riding a volcano in a ship out of danger just seems a bit out there... Oh, well it is science fiction afterall, i can let it slide.

I'm sick of Sheppard getting a wink from every girl in the galaxy bit. Besides it's Rodney's turn!

Anyway, i liked that they gave Ronan some endearing moments instead of the regular, kill, kill, kill!!!!! He helped the villagers. Also when it seemed he and Teyla were going to suffocate to death in the volcano it was nice that he acknowledged holding onto hope. It shows he has something to believe in as a character.

I think having an ancient ship to fight the wraith is an easy answer and doesn't make you admire the Atlantis expediton from a story aspect. It's like having a second death star.... Cool once. Not as cool twice. It's unoriginal to use a weapon everytime to get yourself out of a story jam. I hope we at least get to back-engineer the ancient shields and energy weapons from the Orion and put them on the Earth ships. Big guns are always fun. Maybe they can be used to help fight the Ori as well.

Comment

I liked this ep, especially the scenes with Teyla and Ronon, because there was a side to Ronon that we haven't really seen. The scene where he agreed with Teyla that, as long as they can breathe, there is hope, was good. The kirking, I am not that fond of, but I knew it was inevitable. I did like the somewhat lighter tone this ep. had, as opposed to Michael

Originally posted by Red Tigress
                I thought it was a pretty good episode, but people could have reated more to loosing half their team at one point. *Cough*BeckettandMckay*cough*
                Well Rodney and Carson do acknowledge at one point that John, Teyla and Ronon are missing. However, after Rodney explains how he is going to use the hyperdrive and the volcano to shoot the Orion into orbit, no one, neither John, Rodney, or Carson, says anything about Ronon or Teyla, even though they don't know they've been beamed up by the Daedalus. I can only assume there was some conversation that we didn't see where they all decided, unequivocally, that Ronon and Teyla must have been beamed up and that is why they did not show more concern
                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I liked this episode. Another good episide that involved the entire cast....those are some of the best.

However....you knew this was coming right?

However, I was completely put-off by Shep's behavoir around Narina. It made my skin absolutely crawl the way he was looking her up and down. I wish this was an exageration, but he was actually looking her up and down and up and down. Shep's a great guy and yes, extremely handsome, but if I saw this great looking stranger looking me up and down like that I would be completely turned-off. It also seemed completely unprofessional and to me, a bit dissrespectful. It is one thing to find a woman attractive, it is another to act like a teenage boy and oogle her with drool practically coming out of your mouth. It just really played off as childish. That is what really ruined part of this episode for me.

On a more positive note....I though it was absolutley adorable when Ronon was carrying the two children back....a wonderful aaawwww moment. Also loved that Weir went off-world and loved her interaction with the Chancellor. Also, now we have an ancient ship that is full of drones.

Comment

I got no issues with Noreena, besides the fact she seems a bit slow for a scientist and that was a shame. John was great in this ep and I saw nothing wrong with his behaviour he was antagonizing McKay throughout the ep, and it was hilarious.

Overall great ep, although cut wrong and I was thoroughly entertained. The cut made it seem as though John was careless and reckless...which is not the case, as seen in parts of the ep when their evacuating.

And of course in past eps...so I was a bit unnerved by that part...but Teyla and Ronon did come through. Gosh great characters, I was like now that's team work---defnitely brother/sister(no undyling love, even at death for these two)! I ended up called Ronon, Ronnie after seeing that ep...Oh and Teyla...great portrayal and work by RL....it was class especially her worrying in the end, and of course the drama while they were still in the hut.

VB
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Pretty decent episode, a lot of the super volcano stuff reminded me of the movie on the discovery channel named Super Volcano, which had quite a few people who had guest starred on Star Gate.

I liked the Orion, hopefully they can get it up and running to help kick some wraith butt. I want it to stick around for more than 1 or 2 episodes, at least long enough to make a difference.

For those of you complaining about the blinking lights, how about I put you in a room with a bunch of equipment that you've never seen before with no instructional manual and everything in a language you don't understand and then tell me if you can figure out what all the blinking lights mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                        For those of you complaining about the blinking lights, how about I put you in a room with a bunch of equipment that you've never seen before with no instructional manual and everything in a language you don't understand and then tell me if you can figure out what all the blinking lights mean?
                        I'm not one of the ones complaining about the blinking lights, but I understand those raising issue with it. I did not get the impression that Narina was just thrown in a room with a bunch of equipment she has never seen before. I was left with the impression that she was familiar with the room just not familiar with all the functionality of it. She was considered a scientist by her people and knew enough to operate the shields.

Personally, if I were in that situation, I would think that bells and whistles and blinking lights going off all of a sudden one day would be cause for alarm. I would hope that I would recognize that as some type of warning. I might not have been able to know what the warning was in regards to, only know that it was a warning of sorts. At the very least I would have continued trying to figure out what it was and not just casually tuck it in the back of my mind as "one day when the lights started blinking" The Taranians did not even seem concerned over the tremors and did not seem to making any effort to figure out why they were occuring. They seemed content with just accepting it as is without the curiousity as to why.

Comment

Wow, I'm amazed. Second week when an Atlantis episode was actually better than the SG-1 ep (at least, in my opinion).
                          Solid performance, although, yeah, Shep's kirkyness was a little too weird. He has got to stop doing that. Good plot, liked the Taranian leader, and the entire guest cast was really good. Minor quip, Teyla's coughing was very forced. Not realistic in the slightest.

EDIT: Not second week in a row, Coup D'etat was two weeks ago.
                          Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 04 March 2006, 07:05 AM.

Comment

OK, I don't have time to read all the pages of posts, so I beg and plead forgiveness if I repeat what has already been said (inevitable).

I loved this ep. Rodney and Sheppard having a silent rivalry to win the heart of that Taranian woman was very funny. A couple of times I think they got to the edge of Kirking with Sheppard (notably when he held onto her and then looked deeply into her eyes after one of the tremors), but they pulled back before it got too bad.

The Aurora sister-ship looks cool. That was a cool idea that McKay had to save them all. First time in a while that he actually showed his true genius (there have been several times in the past that he comes up with an idea to save everyone that I had come up with when the problem was presented). I also loved the parts with Ronan and Teyla, particularly when Ronan was saving that family and carrying those kids (my sister also loves that part).

Overall, a teriffic ep with phenomenal special effects, a storyline that actually kept me guessing while still setting up for next week's season finale. This has tied with SG-1 this week for 5/5 stars. More teriffic storylines like this, please!
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Last night's episode was hilarious! =0) Rodney is really starting to come into his own... albeit slowly, but still. =0)

Comment

I liked the episode except the whole Shep/McKay fawning over Doyle thing. I know that when doing costumes they are meant to highlight the features of the particular actor's body, but man I would hate having to wear something so constraining all the time if I were her. If she were acting as a super model, yeah I can see wearing that. (Though super models tend to wear the ugliest outfits on the run way, this one wasn't ugly, just unpracticed.) The outfit didn't fit the character. Plus as the lead scientist you would think that she would have known a bit more about the equipment that she was working with. I don't know it's like they are trying to bring in sexual tension and stuff like that since they see it working on BSG, though they don't know how to write it the right way. It makes sense for that show, but not for this one. Besides I rather learn about the characters, then see them finding new mates.

Comment

Working...
                                X