No announcement yet.

Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifteen minutes in and I've already shut off the TV. Ye gods, can it get more pathetic than Shep and Rodney fighting over Scientist Barbie? And Rodney's idiotic scramble to the doorway followed by an absolutely asinine excuse...

Silly me, I thought I was watching Atlantis, not Stargate 90210. Reign in the hormones and bring on the plot, please.

Comment

This episode is greatness.

All the double entendres and classic Rodney/Sheppard bickering plus fighting over the same chick.

Instant "Stargate comedy" classics being made tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Fifteen minutes in and I've already shut off the TV. Ye gods, can it get more pathetic than Shep and Rodney fighting over Scientist Barbie? And Rodney's idiotic scramble to the doorway followed by an absolutely asinine excuse...

Silly me, I thought I was watching Atlantis, not Stargate 90210. Reign in the hormones and bring on the plot, please.

Actually, what you're watching is a Hope & Crosby road movie and I'm sure SHE was playing with both of 'em

Comment

OMFG can Sheppard NOT drool over every freaking alien babe? (andromeda)..

Haha, shy McKay.
          Ooooo, new space ship… guess we know how they will get off the planet now.

I hate the word HOT, shame on you Weir, I thought you were better then that line.
          Please, can you give Sheppard, something to do other then gawk.

These people seem to reasonable… that is always a bad sign in Stargate for some reason.
          Uh oh… maybe not so reasonable…. They think SGA is lying… too bad they aren’t.
          He’s actually got a good point…. Too bad he’s wrong.

But we already know how they will get off the planet… so I am not as concerned as I could have been.

Calm down Mckay and go fix the damn ship…. But take a second to hit on the pretty girl first.

This will be quite cool if we get an ancient ship out of the deal. I like the doctor (sg-1).. I mean administrator dude too. Hes paranoid but logically show.

Noooo!!!! Do name it the Enterprise, and then we can have kirk and enterprise.

Deadelus and the Ancient ship should be enough. Should have stuck with the Ancient name, bet McKay was pronouncing it badly.

Nice city shot. So Atlantis will now get a lot bigger population.
          Baaadddd dddaaaayyyyy.

Come on, really, isn’t Stargate “better” then these jokes. It used to be.

Ronan is even intimidating when he’s trying to be nice.
          Stupid villager guy… maybe they will still beam them to safety.. Probably not.

Calm down Mckay… doesn’t the ship have shields?
          Why aren’t Ronan and the villagers coughing like Teyla?
          Hey, shields, what an idea….

Ok, even know I know they will all be fine, the tension in the ep is building up nicely.
          Yay, Hermy…but bad option… not actually so much an option as just something to do.
          Oooo Mckay in charge….
          Hyperspace window in atmosphere… that’s interesting.
          Then we wont die horribly … this is a great conversation.
          Did he just give her the finger on American TV?
          Head rush… funny.
          Kirk to the chair.
          Beckett.. sit!!
          Nice…. Very impressive.
          Speak Rodney…
          1 Hive Ship… against drones, deadelus and Orion…. At least theres that.

Spoiler:
          So the wraith want the retrovirus, so they can turn other wraith into humans and then eat them …. Interesting
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Best thing about this episode, the story. Very enjoyable.

The worst thing about this episode - that stupid childish Mckay and Sheppherd threeway with the blonde bimbette. And I call her a bimbette because her acting is wooden and her face expressionless and she's only there for her good looks. She never (as proven in Andromeda) knows what to do with her hands so she walks around with them behind her back.

But besides that, good show.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Tsk tsk, you missed a very good episode, "hormones" aside.

The best of Season 2 IMHO.

Comment

Yeah, but they can't put their hormones aside, can they? Ever. I'm getting sick of this teenage male fantasy crap.

Comment

Oh well, different strokes. I would never let any one thing turn me off the show.

Still, the rest of the episode is steller IMHO.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Great CGI scenes too. I swear, Rodney McKay is, without a doubt, the best character on this show. He just gets better and better IMO. I can't wait for the finale.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Inferno isn't Atlantis's worst episode this season, but it isn't its best by a long shot either.

I did like the story, and the use of Ronon was well done. I appreciated that he wasn't growling or killing people for once. I enjoyed the Ronon/Teyla (non-shippy) scene, and I thought that the Weir/Sheppard (again non-shippy) interaction was good.

However, the episode had three huge problems.

1. Rodney: He's my favorite character most days, but today, I would have cheered for his demise. He was overly annoying, useless until his life was threatened, and he appears to only be able to perform when everyone will see his brilliance. Yuck. If this keeps up, can we please send the man to Greenland? Can we also teach him how not to drool on women?

2. Space Barbie: Narina (Doyle from Andromeda) was an entirely useless character. She did nothing but follow Rodney around and claim to "learn" from him. Learn what? Egocentric prattling and last minute patches aren't standard lessons. The Sheppard/girl embrace was just bad, and I honestly hope that her character NEVER returns. Her people can; the story can; I would like the Atlantis team to find friendly peoples, but please, if possible, NEVER bring her character back.

3. Sheppard: I'll leave the Kirking remarks to other reviewers. I dislike his attitude with Rodney. He shouldn't egg him on one moment and then critique him the next. Secondly, surely with the number of times the team has gotten into tight spots with technology, Sheppard should have gained a minor understanding of how to repair a few of these items. The banter might have worked if Sheppard was trying to help Rodney.

Overall, the episode had great potential, but it was squandered on useless bickering and childish behaviors. I'll generously offer a 7.5/10. SG-1 wiped the floor with SGA tonight.
                      Last edited by MasySyma; 05 March 2006, 08:28 PM.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

The bit that bugged me most about her (in the part I did see) was when she was showing Rodney the control panels and talking about how lights started blinking and she didn't know what to do. I half expected her to flap her hands and speak baby talk about the "little blinky light thingies".

Comment

The bit that bugged me most about her (in the part I did see) was when she was showing Rodney the control panels and talking about how lights started blinking and she didn't know what to do. I half expected her to flap her hands and speak baby talk about the "little blinky light thingies".
                          I kept expecting her to run her hands up his chest and breathily say "I didn't know what buttons to push. What should I have done Rodney?" (Imagine a head tilt followed by a hair toss.)
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                            I kept expecting her to run her hands up his chest and breathily say "I didn't know what buttons to push. What should I have done Rodney?" (Imagine a head tilt followed by a hair toss.)
                            It was a poor stark contrast. Brilliant jerk, stupid blonde. They showed each other up to their worst.

I know Mckay claims a weakness for dumb blondes but this was just too much. If she was supposed to be the smartest they had, poor them.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                              No, no, no, it's "I didn't know what buttons to push." *takes deep breath* "Do you know what buttons to push, Rodney?" THEN flip the hair.

She'd probably stop short of saying she needed a "big, strong man" (or maybe a man with a "really big brain") to show her what to do, but then again, this IS TPTB we're talking about. Something similar will undoubtedly happen in a latter ep.
                              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 03 March 2006, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Inferno was acceptable. Not one of my favorites, but they can't all be. I think the worst part of the episode was the placement. As the episode before the season finale, I would've like a more serious build-up. Sure, we got a ship out of the deal, and it will more than likely help against the Wraith attack. But I think a suspenseful, informational episode would have been more enticing in this spot. All we learned about was every human male's weakness for blondes.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X