• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler Pictures...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8799/stargate31or.jpg
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2714/stargate42bs.jpg

Comment

Its decipherable barely...

As for the whole originality thing, its almost impossible for them to manage it, especially with regards to the way some people on here view eps...

No matter what TPTB do for either series at the moment it seems that people can't wait to find something about it that has been done before so they can rip into it...

If anyone of you actually has come up with truly original ideas, try sending them in? Or if you're that original try pitching to a TV network...

Don't mean to have a go, but relentlessy having a go because, that part of ep. x was just like this ep of voyager in season 4, blah blah is a bit pathetic without actually making your own positive contribution.
      Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
        Unfortunately, thinking doesn't seem to be the strong suit of certain Stargate writers.
        ...But doesn't the entire writing staff get to see the scripts and give notes on them? And don't the head writers -Cooper&Wright - get to decide what flies and what dies?

Remember, armchair quarterbacks (of which I, too, am one ) always have the best, most original game plans - once they've seen how the game played out, of course.

Just curious: what part(s) in particular did you(generic) find unoriginal and why?
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Well I think it was an ok episode. However security is lacking especially after he found he was a wraith. Personaly I would have implanted if possible something inside him like a bomb or poisen that could kill him remotely. When on alpha site after he got there I would recremend disabling the dhd. spoilers for season 9 of sg1
          Spoiler:
          after John and teyla, ronin retreated to the stargate after wraith attacked him why did they not send a mark 9 nuke that planet as soon as they got to the stargate. it could have pontential killed any wraith nearby as any wraiths ships to prevent anyone knowing atlantis survived.
          http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            Thats the problem with Atlantis, it´s a one trick pony. There are the wraith and then there are the Wraith. At least with the Goa´uld they had very different personalities and MO´s so even if SG-1 was always dealing with them it seemed a lot more diverse.
            Wait, we (humans) still haven't really defeated the Wraiths yet. I'm definitely fine with Atlantis being attacked by the wraiths yet again. I'm sure after this next attack, a different enemy may be introduced soon (the ones that came up with the virus in "Hot Zone").
            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by jburrows
              Well I think it was an ok episode. However security is lacking especially after he found he was a wraith. Personaly I would have implanted if possible something inside him like a bomb or poisen that could kill him remotely. When on alpha site after he got there I would recremend disabling the dhd. spoilers for season 9 of sg1
              Spoiler:
              after John and teyla, ronin retreated to the stargate after wraith attacked him why did they not send a mark 9 nuke that planet as soon as they got to the stargate. it could have pontential killed any wraith nearby as any wraiths ships to prevent anyone knowing atlantis survived.
              The
              Spoiler:
              mark 9 nuke
              from S9 of SG1 "Beachhead" is still experimenetal. I don't think they had another one ready just yet to give to the Atlantis team. Although that would be something the Atlantis team should have to
              Spoiler:
              have the ability to destroy the only stargate to Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                I didn´t have time to read through the entire thread so sorry if this has been discussed to death by now but am I the only one who feels that Teyla should now be kicked of the team? She has shown herself to have a major vulnarability to Wraith mind control and would IMO be a huge liability.

If the writers keep her on the team it should be because she lied about how Micheal escaped and covered her own rear end. I just can´t believe that any military officer would allow such a glaring security hole in the alpha team.
                Where is Sergeat Bates when you need him.

Comment

While Carl Binder is excellent at writing characters, there were a few holes plotwise.

Many claim a few characters, namely Weir, were out of character. I got the vibe that her constant ignoring and drawing attention to what they were doing a way to make herself feel right about it.

Beckett clearly had regrets judging from his expressions as well.

We might see more regret from Weir in Allies, as well. It's all interpretation at the moment, though. Teyla, Ronan, and Michael were great, though, hands down.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

It was an okay episode. I give it a ** 1/2 (Darren will probably give it a ***, when he sees it in March).

I like Michael's face when he got shot by Shep with the Wraith Hand Stunner.

And i finally got sounds for Ronan's gun (which I will share with you now, all three sound bytes):
                    Ronan's Gun
                    sigpic

Comment

This was kind of a middle of the road ep for me, not terrible like the hive or the tower but not great like last week's coup either.

Most of my disatisfaction comes from the fact that I felt they left so much on the table here.

They started into Mike arguing "well what's so bad about being a Wraith" and Teyla responds with "they're evil because they eat us" and he just accepts that. I didn't even buy it because, well duh yeah the thing you eat's not going to like you very much. You go poll the Zebras and you're not going to find a lot of Lion fans. This isn't really hard stuff to write either so I get the sense that it's probably not getting included not so much because they don't know how to or can't write it, but because they don't think we'll be interested or think we're too dumb to understand it. That worries me that they might be intentionally holding back the show like that on purpose.

It's pretty obvious that our guys were the badguys here. Even the episode's attempts to bend the viewpoint to a human sympathetic one didn't really cover the fact adequately this time.

Just what do they hope to gain from this ridiculous turn all the Wraith into humans nonsense anyway? Doing that's only going to make them stronger because they won't have to feed on people anymore, their one greatest weakness. They're not all suddenly going to forget thousands of years of cultural indoctrination and be friends just because you mutated them all against their will into inferior beings. They're not going to lose their ships or weapons either. Pulling that on the Wraith species as a whole is like daring them to genocide a now useless to them humanity in retaliation.

I mean if the Cows somehow figured out a way to turn us all into Cows would you suddenly become their bestest buddy or would you be really really pissed of that they turned you into a cow and want payback?

Comment

I enjoyed it! I thought Connor Trinneer did a fantastic job, considering that the episode revolved more around around him than the regulars, so it had to have a strong guest star.

And I loved the different angle on things, showing our regulars as bad guys. Very well written.
                        Four out of five voices in my head agree: I'm ok. It's the fifth one that scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                          This is true. How about "humans evolved to eat meat"?
                          Hang on, are you implying I have not evolved?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                            Hang on, are you implying I have not evolved?
                            Yes! You magically appeared out of nowhere! A scientific mystery!
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Toaster Roaster
                              I see some obvious writing but I can't even half way make it out. Are you claiming to be able to read it? I have pretty good vision...
                              No "claim" about it. With a 17" screen and a 350mb *cough*download*cough*, I (who also have pretty good vision) could tell what it said fairly easily. I couldn't, however, read what was written on the other dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                                This was kind of a middle of the road ep for me, not terrible like the hive or the tower but not great like last week's coup either.

Most of my disatisfaction comes from the fact that I felt they left so much on the table here.

They started into Mike arguing "well what's so bad about being a Wraith" and Teyla responds with "they're evil because they eat us" and he just accepts that. I didn't even buy it because, well duh yeah the thing you eat's not going to like you very much. You go poll the Zebras and you're not going to find a lot of Lion fans. This isn't really hard stuff to write either so I get the sense that it's probably not getting included not so much because they don't know how to or can't write it, but because they don't think we'll be interested or think we're too dumb to understand it. That worries me that they might be intentionally holding back the show like that on purpose.

It's pretty obvious that our guys were the badguys here. Even the episode's attempts to bend the viewpoint to a human sympathetic one didn't really cover the fact adequately this time.
                                Why does everyone keep positioning the idea that what Atlantis did was somehow wrong? There's several other posts explaining that the Wraith can either be cured of their need for humans or killed. And when the Wraith depend upon other people as food, their act on feeding on another person is wrong. The Wraith don't have a reasonable existence. Their entire existence is immoral because they kill other people for food. The only ethical choice that the Wraith have in their current form is to starve or commit suicide.

Earth animals aren't people. The only earthlings that are presently people are humans. If zebras & lions suddenly became people then lions would have to find an alternative to zebras as their food source.

Just what do they hope to gain from this ridiculous turn all the Wraith into humans nonsense anyway? Doing that's only going to make them stronger because they won't have to feed on people anymore, their one greatest weakness. They're not all suddenly going to forget thousands of years of cultural indoctrination and be friends just because you mutated them all against their will into inferior beings. They're not going to lose their ships or weapons either. Pulling that on the Wraith species as a whole is like daring them to genocide a now useless to them humanity in retaliation.

I mean if the Cows somehow figured out a way to turn us all into Cows would you suddenly become their bestest buddy or would you be really really pissed of that they turned you into a cow and want payback?
                                You're using a false analogy. There's a human survival need for the Wraith to be turned into humans. The Wraith personality gets to exist in a slightly modified vessel. If cows suddenly became people, what need would they have to change humans into cows? And if cows can change humans into cows, why not change cows into humans? They'd have more advantages in human form anyways. If every person in the Stargate universe became a human/Asgard/Go'uld/Unas/Serakin/Nox..... they'd still be able to continue on with their existence. If every person in the universe became a Wraith, they wouldn't be able to survive. That's why I stated previously that Wraith existence is unreasonable. What does it matter if the biological container is slightly modified (I say slightly because the Wraith are just genetically modified humans) back into its original human form.

Comment

Working...
                                X