No announcement yet.

Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was easy to think of beating the crap outta 'the wraith' - as a general evil nebulous enemy - but humanizing one, making it individual, giving it a name changed everthing.. on atlantis and for us.

Signature by Whistler84

what would you do for a klondike bar?
    [

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
      Connor Trineer was excellent. He was always my fave in 'Enterprise', although I must admit that I got bored with that and gave up watching most of it...but he was great here.
      I haven't really watched it (only scattered eps) but for me watching "Michael" makes me actually want to watch Enterprise now...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Is michael the reacurring wraith character that we have been promised ?

Comment

I surely hope so.
          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Endeavour
            You can't blame it on Ronan. Ronan was the only one who *didn't* hide his hate from him.
            And because of that, the plan fell apart. Eventually they might have been able to knockout Michael's Wraith instincts and everyone would have been able to chill by that point. My point stands.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This is the best Atlantis episode yet. It's such a long time since Stargate had the main characters having such an interesting argument that had such an array of ethical and philosophical viewpoints. Connor Trineer wins the Best Guest Actor Ever On Stargate award, cos he was flawless.

This was also Teyla's best ep to date. She was compassionate without being drippy (which is a hard thing to pull off) and when she argued her corner she was splendid. Everyone was, really - the argument scenes were short but everyone got to make their position clear and to lay out a piece of the ethical dilemma pretty concisely.

Bravo, whoever wrote that one; and bravo all the actors.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                And because of that, the plan fell apart. Eventually they might have been able to knockout Michael's Wraith instincts and everyone would have been able to chill by that point. My point stands.
                True, but is that really Ronan's fault? Shep and Weir must have known how unbending Ronan would be. Ronan is seriously damaged - living for years without any real human contact would damage anyone, and being hunted for years is not conducive to being pleasant to the hunter. Like an adult shouldn't let a child sit near a bowl of sweeties and expect the hands to stay out of the bowl, they have to know that if they let Ronan near to any sort of wraith he will have a go at that wraith sooner or later- ... no, just sooner, probably. They should have taken measures to keep Ronan and Michael apart. They didn't; so THEY screwed their own plan. The silly billies.

Madeleine

Comment

I think there gonna keep it just for themselves and their close allies... if i were them, I would rather have virtually unlimited food for myself instead of sharing it with everyone... MINE! ALL MINE!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
                    Spoilers for Michael .....

Now thanks to Michael the Wraith know about Atlantis. Or at least some Wraith do. But we have seen earlier this season that there is growing tension, competition,and distrust between different Hives, probably as a result of the shortage of food (humans). Will Michael's Hive necessarily inform other Wraith about the continued existance of Atlantis, or will they try to keep this secret to themselves?
                    all will be revealed in season 3..

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                    pps = power per second
                    The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                    xfire = zpm
                    [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                    http://m2kclan.com
                    vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                    port: 3785
                    P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                    halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                    Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                      Perhaps they want earth all to themselves? As far as i know they haven't told and hive ships yet, and its hard to know if they can even communicate between galaxys.
                      That's what I think. Although tactically you would have to take Atlantis and then go there... They know they can't do it on their own...... Unless they have a plan.

What is it with this whole Galaxy thing. This all takes place in the Pegusas Galaxy. No other.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I dont really like this ep, cos it makes the Atlantis team look evil.

It is a potentially stupid ep. That is because Sheppard says something about making big bomb of this drug and sending it to a hive ship and turining them all into humans. Then waht are you gonna do with them? You can't kill them. They look just like humans. Only Ronon is able to kill them.

We cant kill our own kind (they look like us), only people hell bent on killing can. Its a humanity thing.

I didnt like Ronan in this ep. I spose i dont like him having an Opionin. (?)

I always like Atlantis but not this ep. But Conner Trinner was flawless.

H
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Well finally! A great episode after those terrible previous episodes! This episode just goes to show that the directors can still direct, the actors can still act and the writers are better than ever. I must admit, i didn't like Connor Trinnerr in Enterprise but he somehowe seemed to blend in seemlessly as Michael and played him perfectly.

I loved the darker side of the team in Atlantis but Ronan still pisses me off as a character (nothing against Jason Momoa, the character is so awfully written) whether or not he's picking a fight with a wraith or not.

Best episode of season 2 in my opinion in terms of originality, darkness and exploring the show's capabilities, but Ronan, GOD!

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                          - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                          - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                          - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                          - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                          - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

I usually love Ronan, but in this episode he was really grating my nerves. I just wanted him to shut up and go away and let the situation work itself out. Instead, Ronan disrupted Michael's relative peace in his new life.
                            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Uh...do you guys want to know what actually happenes, or just theorize?

Because Allies kinda tells us the answer to this question.

Comment

Then again Michael might not tell them. I don't know if Wraith know what their fellows think or not, but Michael might not tell them. If he does the fact that he has been in touch with his humanity for a short time will effect him when it is most needed.

It almost looked like Michael's hive is that single ship coming to Atlantis so that they can get the retro-virus. It also looked like they planned on using the retro-virus on rival hives to turn them enough into humans to feed on them. I guess feeding on a fellow Wraith doesn't offer the same sustenance as we humans do.

Comment

Working...
                                X