Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt
    I don't agree with that completely, but I will say she needs someone of equal standing that's a military officer right beside her. John's not enough, considering his orders come from her. Caldwell? Maybe, but the situation in "Critical Mass" didn't gain him a whole lot of trust in a lot of people's eyes.

Jeez, Weir needs some sleep, I think. War doesn't suit her; has she just abandoned her moral beliefs?

Tell me about it....this is not what she's used to. I mean she's very out of her league. I do feel she came onto this with stars in her eyes and idealistically. She was enchanted as I had mentioned before. And as such..these kind of things never ever crossed her mind. Why should it, right?

Anyway these things are happening..and she's not getting the strongest exclaimations at her most disastrous mistakes. It just is impossible to me that common sense was thrown out the window..you don't need military experience to know that you dont' bring the enemy or threat home. Anyone would tell you that.

I do feel that she needs someone up there with her...but that didn't even come handy
    Spoiler:
    when you see Allies, Caldwell was pulled into a mess, but it could be because he and Daedy weren't around for this mess.
    John is great but his views were clearly dismissed in this ep....I mean it was a complete shut down. Made me wonder what happened in the meetings before the kidnapping the Wraith...oh man kidnapping. How low can we go?!

But TPTB is writing it this way for probably character development so what am I supposed to say, although just very disappointed.
    Last edited by vaberella; 24 February 2006, 07:59 PM.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
      yeah i agree michale should have been eliminated when he figured out what he was. no question
      Ditto..but he wasn't..and again I wonder who made that decision. But Weir wouldn't be able to have that kind of blood on her hands. Anyone would have gladly done it...John/Ronon definitely. But he was sort of human at that point, and I can't blame her for that...I wonder if I would be able to do it...maybe I would wait until he was pure Wraith before I put the bullet in him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Someone really needs to hide the stupid pills that the people of Atlantis are addicted to 'cause pretty soon our various enemies won't have to lift a finger to conquer us, we'll destroy ourselves out of sheer idiocy.
        I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          So true. Thus far, the wraith haven't even had to do anything for us to put ourselves at risk. Honestly, if they ever saw an episode of the show they would sit back and just wait, since the brilliant people of Atlantis are going to one day trip and hit the self destruct button.... but only after trusting their lives to complete strangers who've already proven themselves untrustworthy, thereby eliminating half the population through sheer stupidity. It's been their tried and true method so far in Pegasus.

Whenever possible, trust strange people.

Keep your enemies close ... but don't bother watching them too closely.

Don't watch your back or make sure anyone's looking over your shoulder thereby letting any idiot know exactly where you are and have been.

Lie badly but believe everything others say.

Make assumptions.... often.
          I agree with you on this Marsh Angel...ugh disappointment abound..doesn't even get better in
          Spoiler:
          Allies

Comment

This was definatly one of the darker episodes I've seen throughout all of Atlantis. It was not only very, very tense but very, very thought-provoking. I liked how the writers brought up some really touchy subjects--especially about how far you go during war. And it also makes one stop and think.

The humans on Atlantis are doing what they are doing to protect not only themsevles but everyone back on Earth. They are pushing way past their comfort level in order to see to the safety of the city, themselves and their home planet. They are just trying to survive. But aren't the Wraith doing the same thing? Everything has to eat to live. And it was pointed out--in Hot Zone, I think--that the Wraith do not simply kill for the sake of killing. THey kill to eat--they kill to survive. Do not humans do the same thing?

In all reality, I felt really bad for Micheal. Not only was he lied to throughout the entire episode, but he was being blamed for something he could barely control. When he
            Spoiler:
            killed the soldier while trying to escape, he only did it out of self-defense, not out of spite. I believed him when he told Teyla that he was only trying to escape and that he had not tried to kill him
            . He was a man just trying to figure out who he really was, and aren't we all trying to do that?

Also I felt horrible for Beckett. I mean, yeah he was the one who
            Spoiler:
            was pushing for the expieriment on the retrovirus, but the experimentation part of it seems to be totally going against his moral code as doctor and healer. He's hurting this man--whether or not he means to and whether or not he needs to--and that is hurting him.

This was an extreamly thought provoking episode, as I said, and brought up some really deep, meaty issues. I always enjoy the more lighthearted, just-for-the-hell-of-it episodes, but episodes like "Micheal" are great for bringing us back to just how desperate our situation in Atlantis is becoming--we are at war and we are ready to do everything in our power to keep ourselves and our kind safe from the Wraith. I was very impressed. Also, I loved McKay mentioning the blue jello. Kudos to the writers!

(oh, and sorry if I just totally repeated anything someone said earlier. I just saw this episode two hours ago and, lazy me, didn't feel like reading through nine pages in one night. )
            Last edited by Captain-Peregrine; 24 February 2006, 08:10 PM.
            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

I really liked this episode. But I have to ask - What the hell are the people of Atlantis thinking? Some of you are right, the Wraith won't have to worry about destroying the city. The Atlantis team will eventually do it themselves. But I can't wait to see
              Spoiler:
              Michael
              again. He was awesome throughout.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                yeah i agree michale should have been eliminated when he figured out what he was. no question
                But then wouldn't that make us no better than the Wraith or the Goa'uld or any of the other bad guys--destroying those that no longer have any use to us? No, I think they did a really good job toeing the line in this episode--and crossing it in some parts.
                thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
                  But then wouldn't that make us no better than the Wraith or the Goa'uld or any of the other bad guys--destroying those that no longer have any use to us? No, I think they did a really good job toeing the line in this episode--and crossing it in some parts.
                  i agree with you on some parts, but as they said this is war. When it comes to war sometimes moral ethics and stuff like that are thrown out the window
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
                    The point is not use...the point is the fact that he could destroy us..and then where would we be?! I see that as safeguarding what we have. I do see it as being bad.but heh we have to do that....I mean this poses a problem later on that we didn't kill him. Now as being like a WRaith..that's not true.

The Wraith preserve their food..and keep them around for dinner. And if we remember 'The Hive' they have worshippers who they protect, who happen to be human. So then....I would say that makes us worse than the Wraith!

VB

Comment

Ah, and there's the rub. THat is what makes these episodes so great--they bring up situations like this where people are faced with the facts of what they are doing. I agree that in war sometimes people are pushed way outside their comfort level and act in ways that may go against their moral code. I just think it odd--Weir hated the fact that they almost
                      Spoiler:
                      resorted to torture in Critical Mass against a human, but when it comes to experimenting on a Wraith, it's okay.

...dark, dark episode.
                      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                        The Wraith preserve their food..and keep them around for dinner. And if we remember 'The Hive' they have worshippers who they protect. So then....I would say that makes us worse than the Wraith!

VB
                        I was going to mention that, but I decided I'd ranted enough.
                        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

well in critcal mass the city and everyone on it was in serious trouble and doing what she did was the only thing she could think of to save the city.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm alright with the science stuff. It's fiction after all. If you can't suspend your belief (within the world of Stargate), then why bother?

Hey, if I can believe there are things out there that could make a ship go a few million light years in 4 days, I can believe that there are drugs out there that can alter DNA.

Besides, the science wasn't important in this episode. It was all ethics and morality. If you decide to focus on the science instead of what's actually being presented, then IMHO your priorities are in the wrong place.

Comment

Ah, how I now miss Enterprise.

Anyone else notice how this made for the 3rd main startrek character to be on Stargate in the last 2 weeks?

I'm pulling for Captain Kirk for the 200th Sg-1 Episode!

::End of Startrek luv fest::

Anyways, not a bad episode. Enjoyable, mostly because you really felt kinda sorry for Michael (Conner).

Nice to see a ghetto alpha site. Hopefully we'll get a underground site soon enough too...

Now it would be interesting to see what happens if they CAN cure the wraith. Would most of the WANT to be cured? If they can live forever as waith (which, it seems they can) it's possible we have real live ancents that were "transformed" into wraith way back in the day. Could make things interesting.

The great thing about atlantis is that they don't have to stick with the wraith storyline forever. Once they are done with it, they can just move the city to some other galaxy or whatnot!

Comment

3rd major startrek charcter?? I thought conner was the second?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X