The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as to the review for this episode:

It doesn't matter if her review is seen as gibberish or babble. she wrote it. You can disagree with her review all day long, but everyone, still needs to respect her for writing it and respect her as a person.

pick the review apart all day long, just leave the author out of it. That is the point of my post. She volunteered and took the time to write it, for that she deserves peoples' respect.

Her review is her opinion and whether it makes sense or it's gibberish, it is still her opinion. And Darren will defend her expressing her opinion just like he will defend anyone in this thread that expressed their opinion. (as long as that expression stays within the rules of this forum)

And her review was posted by Darren. People that contribute to the site don't have access to it, it passes through his hands.

Dislike or disagree with it all day long, and please express what your (The general your) opinion is, just leave the personal comments about the reviewer out of it.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      I was ok with the episode...just was surprised that is was so predictable that my Hubs had the whole show literally laid out in the first 15 minutes and then we just sat there and watched his predictions come true one by one.... it was weird...and his explnation.... TPTB are just doing the same stuff over and over at this point so it is easy .... I hadn't realized how apparent that was to someone who has NO online exposure and reads NOTHING about the shows all he sees in the way of advance spoilers are the Sci-Fi commercials... so it was very *Enlightening* one could say
      It's called intuition and having seen and watched too much TV. I do the same thing for all of my shows, all the time.

Sanctuary:
      "Oh noes! A monster is after me!" (me: What are the chances of it being invisible?) TADA!
      *horny pre-ascended stares at Sheppard (me: What are the chances of her falling for him?) *this didn't take much of deducing*
      "Let's drop a probe down there!" (me: Some forcefield will rip it apart) TADA!
      *Monster is invincible* *more pikes at the pre-Ascended being wimps* (me: What are the chances of this monster being something their fear and doubt created and that it'll disappear when they gang up on it and say "Go away"?) *tada*

And that's not even half of what I predicted throughout that episode. Not to mention most other episodes.

The worst thing I've ever done was concluding who the killer was going to be literally 2 minutes into a mystery show (the one with Peter Falk, what's-its-name).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I thought the reviewer was asking why they didn't see the central spire from the air, since it is NOT buried and is quite easily viewable from a distance.

Maybe it was addressed. I'm not going to go back and watch that piece of excrement called The Tower to try and find out because I really don't care that much.
        The Tower has a lot of growth around it and it is in a valley surounded mountains. They probably didn't detect anything bacuse everything is stripped from the city and what is left is turned off or way underground.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

In the panning shot that pans from the village to the Tower, it's obviously the crew should've seen it. Either that or they were blind or concentrating on the hotness that is Sheppard while Sheppard stared absentmindedly at Rodney.

The Tower was too tall to not be seen from above considering how close to the village they landed.

Comment

They could always put a jumper or two on the Daedalus and fire the drones out of the hanger bay. The jumper would never have to leave the ship, thus being protected by its shield. Of course you would need to have someone inside the jumper firing the drones, but that shouldn’t be too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              In the panning shot that pans from the village to the Tower, it's obviously the crew should've seen it. Either that or they were blind or concentrating on the hotness that is Sheppard while Sheppard stared absentmindedly at Rodney.

The Tower was too tall to not be seen from above considering how close to the village they landed.
              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...etower036.html

The color of the spire blends into its background fairly well, and it's easy for people to miss it if a) you aren't actively looking for it, b) you're several miles away from it, and c) there are villages and huts blocking your view.

If they're looking at it from above (e.g., from a puddle jumper), then it's even more easy to miss. Looking at it from above, an entire village is going to be a lot easier to spot than a lone spire.

Comment

When I heard fans complaining about this episode, I thought it was just crazy sci-fi fans being anal and over-reacting.

But that was actually quite painful to watch at moments (in a funny, cringe-worthy way). I think it was more the ridiculousness of the society and how it played out, it was just so trite in parts it made me go 'ick.' I mean, when they switched between Teyla/Ronon/Rodney eating to Sheppard/Aristocrats eating to, ingeniously, show us the difference, I just thought 'blah' because it was such an obvious thing to do, no-one needs it spelled out so simply.

Comment

the only thing The Tower did for me was to show that it's not only S9 of SG-1 which is going down the tubes

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gateboy13
                    They could always put a jumper or two on the Daedalus and fire the drones out of the hanger bay. The jumper would never have to leave the ship, thus being protected by its shield. Of course you would need to have someone inside the jumper firing the drones, but that shouldn’t be too hard.
                    Sound idea, but complicated for the writing staff. (I know, SGA writers are my favorite *****es right now.)
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

My impression was that drones are programmed to draw energy directly from the chair platform once activated. So hacking into them really doesn't solve any problems.

Comment

actually they could actually do that keep the drones and have a jumper's control ripped out and put on it, then we have an offensive weapon
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...etower036.html

The color of the spire blends into its background fairly well, and it's easy for people to miss it if a) you aren't actively looking for it, b) you're several miles away from it, and c) there are villages and huts blocking your view.

If they're looking at it from above (e.g., from a puddle jumper), then it's even more easy to miss. Looking at it from above, an entire village is going to be a lot easier to spot than a lone spire.
                          Do we know that they flew in? Maybe the gate was on the ground and they just walked.

Comment

Just popping in to ask "Am I the only one that actually quite liked this episode?" I thought there were some very funny moments in there. When Rodney, teyla and Ronan had to hold hands at the dinner table was funny. Sheppards amused expressions throughout were hilarious, especially with the naked lady.

There wasn't supposed to be big tension, it was just a fun episode.

Comment

Well, from all the reviews I'd read about this episode I was fully expecting this to be Atlantis's version of a 'Carry On' film!! Actually, I thought it was a bit of fun. Daft yes...but still fun!!

The guest actors were wonderfully hammy...not sure if that was intentional or not!!

Laughed at the butt pinching scene! You know, one day, when I've got LOTS of spare time, I'm going to count how many different facial expressions Joe Flanigan can come up with...the look this time was priceless!!

McKay likes 'Blackadder'? Hee! He mentioned 'Baldric'. Fab!!

Still not particularly bothered by the 'kirking'. I feel I should be, 'cos of being a Shep/Weir shipper an' all, but I'm just not. I like to see him snogging!!! Maybe they shouldn't have had so many girlfriend-of-the-week episodes bunched together. Perhaps spaced them out a bit...I don't know!

Anyway, this episode seemed different from anything else Atlantis has done. A bit silly yes...but I wasn't bored...and it made me giggle a few times!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                                Well, from all the reviews I'd read about this episode I was fully expecting this to be Atlantis's version of a 'Carry On' film!! Actually, I thought it was a bit of fun. Daft yes...but still fun!!

The guest actors were wonderfully hammy...not sure if that was intentional or not!!

Laughed at the butt pinching scene! You know, one day, when I've got LOTS of spare time, I'm going to count how many different facial expressions Joe Flanigan can come up with...the look this time was priceless!!

McKay likes 'Blackadder'? Hee! He mentioned 'Baldric'. Fab!!

Still not particularly bothered by the 'kirking'. I feel I should be, 'cos of being a Shep/Weir shipper an' all, but I'm just not. I like to see him snogging!!! Maybe they shouldn't have had so many girlfriend-of-the-week episodes bunched together. Perhaps spaced them out a bit...I don't know!

Anyway, this episode seemed different from anything else Atlantis has done. A bit silly yes...but I wasn't bored...and it made me giggle a few times!!

I'm going to pop in and say WORD. I enjoyed it for the same reasons.

Also loved the Shep and Beckett moments. I like when JF and Paul work together.

I like Ronon killing that guard that wanted to rape the girl.

I loved the Shep and Otho moments, the two actors worked well off each other.

And I loved the Shep and weir moment at the end. I'm a Shep and Weir Friends/leader Shipper and I thought it was a nice moment. Short, but nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X