The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Meanwhile, I still think Tower was the worst ep of the entire show. Tied with Skanktuary, which was also a great idea wasted so that Shep could get some alien tail.
    I must be one of the few fans who didn't mind Sanctuary or Chaya (and as far as I can see, he got a kiss and nothing more in that episode). Innocent until proven guilty.

THE TOWER, however, looked like it was penned by 14-year-old boys. In fact, the only redeeming factor out of this epsiode was a fantastic music video a fan did with clips from this episode that turned it into an Austin Powers clone (complete with that music). This script reminded me of the Felger episodes in Sg-1 - done more for a lark by the writers for the writers than realizing that hey, not the entire viewing audience is composed of boys (who do like this kind of stuff, it's a fact).

Wait, I digress. Peter Woodward was good; he did what he could with the dialogue presented. Poor Shep (maybe this was all a drug-induced nightmare??). The actress who played the bimbo princess... aieee....

And the writers need to watch CSI, at least one or two episodes. Ronon slits the guard's throat open and there's not a drop of blood? Hello, blood spatter!

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 2 for some redeeming acting, but it's NOT a high priority gotta watch it in repeats or on tape episode.

Comment

Okay, saw the ad for this episode right after Grace Under Pressure.

Babe Magnet???

Sheesh, talk about pandering ot the lowest audience value.

Comment

Originally posted by prion

Babe Magnet???

Well, there goes my hope that TPTB had decided not to repeat the mistakes made in "The Tower". From that ad, it sounds like there are more gems like "The Tower" in SGA's future... however long that may be.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

What I find funky and lol worthy is that: before ATLANTIS first started, everyone was like 'maybe there are other Atlantis type ships/cities out there, and all excited...but now we get one, its all 'grrr grrr grr grr how stupid grr grr grr' - Whats with that?

Maybe they already expected there to be another Atlantis type thing out there, maybe the episode will be followed up on....I think we just need to calm, breath and wait it out.

But wooo! Another city another city *dances* sorry, I like it
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by prion

Babe Magnet???

Yeah, we have a naked girl who looks like she is in high school and Sheppard (mature, pushing 40's, Air Force officer?) drooling over her.

I have better things to do next Friday.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

People aren't mad about the existence of another city, they're mad that the existence of another city took a back seat to Shep shagging some "hot alien chick".

Comment

Okay, Americans. Do yourselves a favor and skip this one... unless you want to hate Atlantis. MAYBE watch the next one. But DEFINITELY watch the one after that.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                  Okay, Americans. Do yourselves a favor and skip this one... unless you want to hate Atlantis. MAYBE watch the next one. But DEFINITELY watch the one after that.
                  *rolls eyes*

People aren't mad about the existence of another city, they're mad that the existence of another city took a back seat to Shep shagging some "hot alien chick".
                  Did we see Sheppard shag her? Nope...we don't know it actually happened. People assume he shagged her, but we havn't had any 100% guarantee on most these 'shags' of his. The only one that I'm aware of as being 100% sure is Epiphanys and I'm not going to hold being stranded 6month without anyhope and finding romance against him.
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    *rolls eyes*

Did we see Sheppard shag her? Nope...we don't know it actually happened. People assume he shagged her, but we havn't had any 100% guarantee on most these 'shags' of his. The only one that I'm aware of as being 100% sure is Epiphanys and I'm not going to hold being stranded 6month without anyhope and finding romance against him.
                    i just have no problem in staying convinced shep did bang her.. it comes down to viewer interpretation and probably won't be brought back up.. unless she does come around to shep and says "you knocked me up" which i highly doubt

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
                      A. There are plenty of defensive resources and technology to better utilize in addition to the drones. Why simply be satisfied with one when you can have two---even if it is in used or damaged condition?
                      Probably because they would have to trade something in return for it.

B. With parts and mechanisms being broken throughout several episodes, to include the Siege parts I, II. And after thwarting the Genii Siege its apparent that Atlantis can truly use additional / spare parts. The fact is that Atlantis doesn't have to suffer the "reset button syndrome", in which after every major incident, both the group & ship apparently has unlimited supplies. And the collatoral damage to whatever part of the ship or crew has been miraculously restored back to "normal".
                      In addition to the above, there's also the fact that Atlantis is huge, and there are probably plenty of spare parts within the city itself.

C. By intervening in a "lower-level" society, the Atlantis Team can help not just start a revolution but can help work to form an Alliance among comparable societies around the one "truth" that matters--working to Destroy the Wraith. Other societies whom Atlantis have contacted can be told the truth about their mission and be given hope, as they work out an interim agreement to work on restoring this 2nd city.
                      If restoration is deemed impossible, then at least several dozen "lower level" societies can benefit from learning from each other and forming a stronger alliance for the purpose of possibly working together in a more-concerted effort for the survival. By working on a collaborative project to uncover Atlantis #2 and learn its technolgy together, every world benefits by the sheer fact that additional knowlege was gained.
                      Yeah, that's definitely not something they could've managed in one episode, maybe not even one season.

Comment

I only have one word for this ep: HARLAN!!!

Comment

What were people talking about? They so shagged. She pushed him down on the bed and they had sex. The only way I would believe that Sheppard walked away is if I saw him walk away. Which he did not.

And when he said he turned her down, as in marrage. I doubt sex.

Sorry haven't read the rest of the thread. But yeah, he did Chiya, The girl in Epiphany and now this teenage chick too. What's next week's flavor?
                          Last edited by Amanda Eros; 03 February 2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

About the only thing good about this episiode was seeing Peter Woodward again. I remember watching JMS's Crusade and loved him as Galen.

PS: My Dad loves the series.

Comment

Hey a Techno-mage (B5 crusade)
                              King looks familiar too.
                              Spoiled punk… kavenaughs brother with red hair?

Teyla, Ronan, Mckay nice to see them working together especially since the A story already has me bored and annoyed.

Ok, its just gone from boring and annoying, to completely stupid and useless.

Yay Beckett. Nice Ronan.

Hahaha….. Rodney earthquakes not superstition.

An entire city under the ground and no one seems that excited about it?

Oopsy Mckay is buried with a primitive guy

Dang Ronan killed that guy… a good beat down was required but to kill him?

Always knew those techno-mages were trouble.

I would try to figure out the plot, if I actually cared … but I don’t.

I do like this villager hanging out with Mckay.
                              Haha Teyla out doing Mckay’s depression.

Another planet left to die at the hands of the wraith?
                              Shouldn’t they like explore the new city..

Previews for next week… Hey Caldwell and Irony… and I thought they said we would never see Weir with a gun?
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The last fifteen minutes of this episode were atrocious. God-awful television. The beginning was okay (ironically the flirtatious part of this episode was far superior to the ending).

NO recomendation here - 1 1/2 stars

Comment

Working...
                                X