The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
    the drone in rising was going faster and it was lower than the one in the tower. The drones in the tower were quite high up and were moving slowly, anyway a few dozen drones is nothing compared to a few hundred!
    A couple of drones destroyed a Ha'tak in Its Good To Be King, I'd say every single one is useful, we should get all that we can. And I think every drone is exactly the same, both Milky Way and Pegasus drones have been shown to have both the explosive and tearing modes.

Comment

I bealeave we took every drone that was there including the ones that fell to the ground, I mean there would have been no pint in leaveing any drones,

Comment

also towards the end of season 9 sg-1 is going to find merlings lab so who knows what we might find there

Comment

OMG! thanks guys... didnt feel the need for spoiler bars?????? thats like a massive spoiler.

Comment

Spoiler warning guys?! Come on people this is common (forum) sense!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              Sorry, I wish I could change the title of the thread to warn people of spoilers, but I can't.
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

You know, it's entirely possible that Shep's "kirking" here is a part of his personality, his tendancy to get the things that he wants through charm. He very well could have figured that he was a half-prisoner at the time, and nailing the random princess was best for keeping allies (or at least not upsetting folk) in his current position. It's a bit of extrapolation, but part of the reason
                Spoiler:
                he looked so uncomfortable with Neera coming onto him might have been how he didn't like being in the opposite position. Hey, some people have control issues.

Maybe Shep just doesn't have many qualms about using sex as well as charm to get what he wants. I don't think it's come up often enough to really say with any certainty.

Comment

Yep in seige Zelenka was worried about the Wraith gathering up the too big chunks of the city's stardrive from the ocean floor and reverse engineering them to build a intergalatic drive of their own.

Now in Tower they strip an identical city of all its defences and leave it there for anyone to find, but not before McKay makes sure the stardrive they're leaving for the Wraith to steal is infact fully functional by firing it up. It's probably also got a copy of the ancient database which contains everything they'll need to know incase they ever want to build more stardrives, drone weapons, cloaks ZPMs or even potentially ascend and make some real fun for everyone.

Unlike Earth to the Wraith are pretty close to the ancients in some technological respects, so they're going to be able to understand and use a lot more of what's in the ancient database than we are.

I wonder if they'll send us a thank you note when they find that city.

Then again they might be afraid to even enter it becaue it's just too good to not be a massive nuketrap.

Comment

Originally posted by someonerandom
                    they did take the jumpers and drones, dork
                    i said they should take ALL the drones and jumpers freak!

Comment

This is pretty bad! Something as important as another city should put a lot more time and effort into it. This episode is really rushed! Why was it constructed and what's the name of it. Where are the Anicents that used to live in the city? Why didn't the Wraith keep attacking this city like they did to Atlantis? I mean, come on, they have a limited supply of drones and the Wraith can keep on coming until they either run out of drones or power like Atlantis. I don't understand why the Wraith stop attacking this city. Also, this city have a faster than light travel that is capable of traveling between galaxy. Don't they consider this a threat if the Wraith get their hand on this city especially if this city is now defenseless without a ZPM and drones?

They left so many holes open and unanswered questions. The writers did a very poor job thinking this through.

Comment

the tower 2x15

Spoiler:
                        i have just seen the tower and my god was shocked to see what the Ancients had built but to be honset it didnt really i was suprised to find there had been no refrence to it in the ancient database dont get me wrong there must be somewhere but known how many Ancients there were they had to have more than one city like atlantis but u would think it would be quite in ur face what u lot think

also do u think there is more citys like atlantis and the tower in the Pegasus Galaxy i saying yes and what about our own and look at how atlantis is shaped i always thought i would be cool if massive ships locked in them and u may say dont be silly or words to that effect but its like what daniel said they did everthing big anyway...... i think they were still docking bays but not for ships but what if they are for other atlantis's like the one in the tower and atlantis served as u could say the mothership what do u think

and one more thing what about reinforse the tower atlantis iam sure there is info in the data base about how to make and fix there tech fix and and get another Z.P.M or make one and take it to it and fly it out of the ground and take it to atlantis and bring the together that would be cool what u think.......
                        or u all seen i hope the sg1 ep EX DEUS MACHINA when they beemed the building in to space well use the DAEDALUS yheah and beem the city out the ground and beem it to somewhere where they can fix it even if they get the sheild up and then get the startdrive going and then fly it to atlantis but before landing it i think somebody should check the bottom of it dont want it flooding and sinking whatr u all think it might just be me but i think its possible

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                          Let me get this straight... you decide to visit a thread for an episode that hasn't aired in your area yet, and you expected to find... what?

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                            Let me get this straight... you decide to visit a thread for an episode that hasn't aired in your area yet, and you expected to find... what?
                            I believe the complaint was in reference to CYBEREAGLE19's post above, which has a big spoiler for an SG-1 episode that has not yet aired.
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Oh, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                                Actually, I think it's because some nitwit started a thread called "The Tower Defenceless?" without any warning of spoilers and a few people- either not aware of the ep title or not aware that the title was relevant to the content (after all, Atlantis has towers, too), read the post and were horribly spoiled. That thread has now been folded into the official ep discussion thread, but it was originally on its own and, well, the damage is done. *shrug* Hopefully the original poster is caught up on the rules now and understands the concept and regulation of spoiler warnings.

Meanwhile, I still think Tower was the worst ep of the entire show. Tied with Skanktuary, which was also a great idea wasted so that Shep could get some alien tail.

Comment

Working...
                                X