No announcement yet.

The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the link, but McKay said something like "this is the best chance we've had of finding a ZPM" in "The Brotherhood", so logic dictates they've been to the other ones, and they weren't very useful.

Comment

Exactly the same.

However, history has not been kind to it. Most of the spires have fallen, and the parts buried underground is likely to collapse at any moment.

There is also no Stargate in the city, and the decor is just atrocious.

Comment

or can't find them on those planets

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
          or can't find them on those planets
          one was a near depleted one on the em field planet
          other was the brotherhood, two down three to go

Comment

But like I said, they must've checked out the others since McKay said that the Brotherhood ZPM is the best chance of getting one.

Comment

The asgard beaming technology is to remove the forest. not the city itself.

Comment

Yep, either Martin Gero or Joe Mallozzi said in their thread about the ZPM's. They had been to them & one had a ZPM but it was the one from 'Childhoods End' & the other was 'The Brotherhood', the others were seemingly blank as they couldn't be located. Although since they used the Prometheus to scan Egypt for one in SG-1. Then send Daedalus to those planets from the list & let it have a good scan.

As for the Asgard beams, I don't think they are nearly powerful enough to beam something the size of Manhattan out of the ground. A skyscraper is pretty much unbelievable in itself. However when you compare that to a city size, it really pales in comparrison by a very large majority.

It's not like they could beam it out piece by piece, so they only way to get it out safely is to insert the ZPM from Atlantis, raise the shields & burn the Star Drive for a couple of secs/mins, just enough to get it all up to the surface. The good thing about the cities is that it can detect Wraith ships from days away. So at least it gives them a little bit of breathing space to work with. So they could leave a couple of techs behind to monitor the sensors & let scientists scour the city in small teams. Then if they detect something they would have a number of choices in how to hide the city. Take he ZPM from Atlantis & use it to power the sister's cloak. Wraith ships would only been in orbit a matter of mins/hours as they wouldn't mdetect any life on the surface & so there would be no reason to stay. Then when it's confirmed that they are gone, take it out & return in back to Atlantis. So if done properly then Atlantis would only be missing it for a couple of hours before it would be returned. There would be no threat as the sensors can pick targets up that are still days away.

Another option is to bring back a whole host of MKII's from the SGC & use them to power the cloak & minimal systems. There should be enough juice in them to do it for a couple of hours.

They could use a few PJ's from Atlantis & tie them into the power grid, enabelling them to power the few systems that would be needed for the short duration that the Wraith ships would be in orbit.

Another possible way, would be to get Daedalus there, land it next to the city. Get McKay, Hermy to rig it up to the city. Like Hermy done with the ZPM to power the Asgard HyperDrive in 'The Siege II', except in reverse. There shouldn't be a problem because we know Naquadah generators can power Ancient technology. Then when it's up & running, extend the cloak around the Daedalus & it's all gone from Wraith sensors.

Either way, by introducing a twin city, the writers make a huge balls up. Especially since it was only a filler episode in order to give them Drones & PJ's. They could have simply found a small storage plant underneath the single structure tower. Atlantis was supposed to be unique, a one off lost city. Now there is another one lying buried in a backwater planet. How many others are out there! Maybe it should be changes to Stargate Atlantises!

On top of that, the said that they had previously shot down Wraith ships & none had come back for many generations. Atlantis had Drones, yet they still came back & trapped them in it for years, until they were forced to abandon it. Yet we are supposed to believe that the Wraith started crying & ran away & never ever came back as they were scared. Atlantis with the help of Daedalus took out 2 Hive ships & they found it in themselves to immediately send 12 more in their place. They were angry & wanted to silence them incase word of their victory spread to other worlds throughout the galaxy. So how is it that a city like Atlantis of which they were desperate to get their hands on can keep getting it, when an identical one (minus the SG, which the Wraith wouldn't know that it lacked one) would leave that totally untouched for all these years. When it could potentially give them acess to intergalactic engines & other coordinates of other galaxies that would most likely be in the DB.

Then after all that, we are to belive that the same people who wouldn't take a ZPM from a bunch of kids, yet could have sheltered them in Atlantis under the protection of the ZPM. Would find it in themselves to leave an entire race totally defenceless against the Wraith. Not to mention the strong possibility of the Wraith getting their hands on it, when it's only a matter of time before they eventually show up again.

How they could leave out eps that could provide so much, like the one about the creators of the nano-virus that has been shelved for two seasons in a row, for eps like 'The Tower & 'Epiphany' is beyond me.

I only hope they break away from their usual writer & forget methods, to give it future references that must be done in order for the fans to see it as believeable any longer. Whne you introduce something of this magnitude, you don't use it as a cheap filler episode to give them a few Drones & Jumpers in order to make it a lazy way for the outcome of the next few upcoming eps.

Comment

Well so far seen half of it and I'm HATING this episode... it reminds me of a bad Star Trek episode from the '60's... people living in a futuristic city that look like their out of a renesance festival?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                    one was a near depleted one on the em field planet
                    other was the brotherhood, two down three to go

what ep was the first one ya mentioned in?

one from brotherhood was the best one they found cuz it was unused. no matter what you say pg15 that line doesn't mean they found empty zpms on those other planets or even if they've searched the other planets. if that line was uttered

Comment

It was definately uttered. And that em planet is the one from Childhood's End.

Comment

Originally posted by Benn00
                        Hi i dont know if this was discussed before if it was i appologize.

In the Siege part 2, Mckay said there was noway of knowing how many drones were left until the chair was plugged in and he looked at his little tablet Pc thing.

In the Tower however, he just walked into a room and took a look around, why could he have not done the same in atlantis when they first got there. Surely the drone defense system would have been a priority system to check out.
                        Yes. Precisely. I imagine if the writers had actually watched Season 1 of Atlantis, this episode would have been much better.

Oh, geez. I'm turning into ShadowMatt.

Comment

I choose to take that as a compliment.

Or a sign that my brainwashing has finally taken hold. MUAHAHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                            I'm just thinking lets hope the Wraith dont find out its there...and that the SGA left enough drones 2 keep them safe...otherwise were protecting two Atlantis's!!!!
                            even if SGA left enough drones they would be useless, as the people have no way of powering the chair

Comment

yeah they screwed them over. they stole.

Comment

since sheps gene is so strong he needs to spend some free time in the chair at atlantis,

Comment

Working...
                                X