No announcement yet.

The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i dont know if this was discussed before if it was i appologize.

In the Siege part 2, Mckay said there was noway of knowing how many drones were left until the chair was plugged in and he looked at his little tablet Pc thing.

In the Tower however, he just walked into a room and took a look around, why could he have not done the same in atlantis when they first got there. Surely the drone defense system would have been a priority system to check out.

Comment

Good point.

Maybe that section of the city wasn't powered up?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        Good point.

Maybe that section of the city wasn't powered up?
        Yeah i thought that too, and thats prolly how the directors would explain it, and i know its just a show, but personally, if i was in hostile territory and i had no defenses of any kind, the first system i would look at would be the drone launcher bay, if at the very least to resupply the jumpers with after missions

And on a side note, the power was still offline when Mckay busted into auxiliary control, dont think the doors are stuck in place.

Comment

I haven't posted in a while, so here I go:

The "sister city" is under a whole over grown forest.

1) Hemorroid is using Asgard beaming technology to take the Goaul'd out of Caldwell....

2) An Asgard beaming stream took a whole Naquadah Building from Seattle.

3) The Deadalus could potentially begin "relocating" the forest and uncover the city.

4) If the original Atlantis had a satellite weapon (which was destroyed after a hit from a 2nd Wraith ship), what are the odds that we could also pontentially find such space ships/ fleets.

There may also be other buildings from the Ancients there.

There's also a database there / what are the odds that it is entirely different?

Lets go back in Season 3!!

Any thoughts from the Executive Producers??

Comment

you know you should have used spolier tags
            Spoiler:
            like these

to use them, just type <spolier> text here</spoiler> but replace the arrows (<>) with brackets [ ]

Comment

It's also possible that McKay didn't know where the drone storage chamber was until they powered the chair up in 'the Siege p2'. Atlantis is a pretty big place, so it would have taken some time to map out fully, and its possible that some areas were uncharted or even inaccessible until ZPM power was restored.

After all it would have taken them a while to map out the city as shown by the fact that it took them around 5 episodes to work out that the jumper bay roof would open and even longer to work out that the city had internal biological and deep space tracking sensors.

Comment

He has "Spoilers" in the thread title. That's good enough.

Comment

I'm just thinking lets hope the Wraith dont find out its there...and that the SGA left enough drones 2 keep them safe...otherwise were protecting two Atlantis's!!!!
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Hay - sorry, I havnt watched the ep being in England and all - but it sounds good to men: anyway - was the second city actually a replica of Atlantis, or was it different?
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                      I'm just thinking lets hope the Wraith dont find out its there...and that the SGA left enough drones 2 keep them safe...otherwise were protecting two Atlantis's!!!!
                      Ooooh, there's a dillema
                      Lol, I found this episode good because....
                      1: WE GOT SOMETHING COOL WIHTOUT IT BEIGN A 2 PARTER!
                      2: More drones (huzzah!)
                      3: More Mckay action
                      4: more Ronan action
                      5: Naken Woman
                      6: ...I don't have a number 6...it's still good

Edit: Soz, lol, realised I completely missed the topic, I don't think they'd uproot the entire city just for themselves, I think they'd just leave it where it lays and dig around it
                      Besides, it doesn't look structurally sound AT ALL, beaming it might break it into pieces.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The Wraith don't know that the place can no longer operate (depleted ZPM's, then again, there are still those two planets with ZPMs Old Weir gave us the addresses to that they haven't explored yet). And I doubt anyone is going to tell them.

Comment

Yep, the beaming technology has been doing some wonderful fiets lately.

As for those planets, the ZPMS are empty, Martin said so.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

its a good idea but i doubt they will revisit.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              Yep, the beaming technology has been doing some wonderful fiets lately.

As for those planets, the ZPMS are empty, Martin said so.

link as proof

Comment

also does it explain why there's another atlantis class city?

Comment

Working...
                                X