No announcement yet.

Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He also knows a lot more about himself. I am sure it won't change him, but at the same time he won't be so jumpy at peoples sorcasm. He finally ugrees with himself on something we have known all along. Carter is smarter
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Mckay being in Atlantis has changed him he is a little more friendly then he was in some of the old Stargate SG-1 episodes that i have seen him in. it is turning him into a better person.

Comment

Carter appeared shortly after McKay told the "creature" to go find help. The "creature" then went to the surface and swam in circles - marking McKay's location - until help came, while Carter stalled McKay from doing anything that would waste power or life support. Was the creature deliberately trying to find help as McKay had requested? Was it somehow using the Carter hallucination to communicate with McKay?

Comment

it's good to see him change. hopefully it'll continue.

so we're in agreement? carter is smarter

Comment

As McKay said himslef Carter isn't smarter than him she's wiser though
            sigpic

Comment

McKay may perceive Carter to be smarter than he is, but I doubt that she actually is.

Carter had to spend at least four years in the Air Force academy learning to salute, fly planes, shoot guns, and blow up all sorts of cool stuff. McKay spent all that time sitting in a dark, windowless laboratory. On the one hand, that should make McKay the better scientest, while Carter's more diverse background makes her the better field operative.

However, I'd say that their abilities in pure mathmatics is equal, right down the line. This is why watching them together is so amusing
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I'll be disappointed if McKay doesn't chage as a result of what happened. The lesson I thought he should have learned is that it's ok to trust other people to help him. At the very least this means he shouldn't insult and berate Zelenka so often. That poor man suffers so much.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  At the very least this means he shouldn't insult and berate Zelenka so often. That poor man suffers so much.
                  Yes, but the more McKay berates Zelenka, the more the poor man has learned to stand up for himself. See his behaviour in Duet for proof, where he verbally told McKay off and even ejected him from a science project. I strongly doubt Zelenka would have ever done that in first season.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

interesting question.

For me the McKay is a genius and can do anything / everything is going to get old round about... oh it is already. Same as with Carter on SG-1.

Now if they had trapped Zelenka in the underwater jumper, lamenting McKay's mistake, it would have had me completely gripped. Especially if McKay had been so consumed with guilt and incredulity that he had miscalculated, that he couldn't help in the rescue.

In fat, in the AU I inhabit, this is how it is going to be.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                      For me the McKay is a genius and can do anything / everything is going to get old round about... oh it is already. Same as with Carter on SG-1.
                      LOL i know what you mean. Like in "The Fourth Horseman" Sam is going to finish the cure where Orlin can't. Its great she magically became a biochemist, and virologist overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        I'll be disappointed if McKay doesn't chage as a result of what happened. The lesson I thought he should have learned is that it's ok to trust other people to help him. At the very least this means he shouldn't insult and berate Zelenka so often. That poor man suffers so much.
                        Yes but that would require the writers to show character growth, something that has not happened on Atlantis yet! Other than making Weir bipolar in her command decisions and Shep Kirk the characters have not changed.

Comment

OK...

1. Surprised Griffin just redshirted himself like that.

2. Expected them to bring 'Sam' in earlier.

Decent ep overall but it really was just Grace but not quite as wierd.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            interesting question.

Now if they had trapped Zelenka in the underwater jumper, lamenting McKay's mistake, it would have had me completely gripped. Especially if McKay had been so consumed with guilt and incredulity that he had miscalculated, that he couldn't help in the rescue.

In fat, in the AU I inhabit, this is how it is going to be.
                            That would've been a much better story, IMO, MC. Much more interesting to watch, and a really novel approach to an episode, shame you didn't write it.
                            Thing is, I really tried to like this episode, but there were so many plot holes that I just couldn't enjoy it.
                            I watched last night's episode with my family. As I had doubts about the episode anyway, and McKay is not my number 1 favourite character, (he's number 2), I was interested to hear their POV's.
                            My brother is a Doctor and research scientist. He laughed at some of the physics of being underwater as shown here. He tutted at the whole hallucination owing to a concussion thing. He also pointed out that with a concussion you have a whopper of a headache, so you wouldn't want to shout or freak out, and that you feel nauseous and dizzy too. He also wanted to know, why, as it was supposed to be so cold, did McKay not look cold or why did his breath not show when he exhaled in the air? He felt these things ruined the episode's sense of reality.
                            My son is a big McKay fan, and he just thought he learned nothing new of McKay here. He soon became bored with Carter/McKay and said he really felt they could have come up with a better way to have Carter on the show than to make her McKay's subconscious. He also remarked how ridiculous that whole concept was anyway. He also, surprisingly for a McKay fan, felt that was the worst episode of SGA he's ever seen, even worse than Skanctuary, he said.
                            My daughter just said 'poor Amanda Tapping, how demeaning for her'.
                            Hubby just said 'bleh', which I'm surmising means he liked it less than usual.
                            I've already given my opinion on it.
                            So, for all of my family, a disappointing episode that was flawed in its concept and didn't really expand upon McKay atall. Oh, but of course, Carter took her top off, so that expanded upon something, so to speak...
                            sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It wasn't just seeing Carter making an appearence (which was very nice in more ways then one) but overall this is my favorite Atlantis episode of the season. It was seemingly original and contained a terrific performance by David Hewlet who has his character down for sure. It was also nice to see the rather cynical McKay fighting fior his life and undergoing the transformation he went trough. I was a little disapointed by the lack of seeing the rest of the cast, but somehow it didn't manage to hurt the episode at all.

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
                                Carter appeared shortly after McKay told the "creature" to go find help. The "creature" then went to the surface and swam in circles - marking McKay's location - until help came, while Carter stalled McKay from doing anything that would waste power or life support. Was the creature deliberately trying to find help as McKay had requested? Was it somehow using the Carter hallucination to communicate with McKay?
                                The 'whale' didn't surface; it stayed underwater but continued to circle the downed jumper, probably attracted by electromagnetic pulses or something like that... and hence, when Zelenka pointed out the 'sea monster,' Shep was curious that the creature was circling something. Then, rescue!

Comment

Working...
                                X