Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OKIE DOKIE

just got done watching this ep and while the CGI guys where superb as usual and the plot did have some room for rodneys personal growth i dont think that the writters took full advantage of the screen time i will be interesed to see if this incident changed the character of rodney any at all.

and yes im a shep fan and a beckett fan I was pleased with sheps part but to my dismay beckett was not in it.

WHERE WAS BECKETT WHERE WAS BECKETT WHERE WAS BECKETT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
      OKIE DOKIE

just got done watching this ep and while the CGI guys where superb as usual and the plot did have some room for rodneys personal growth i dont think that the writters took full advantage of the screen time i will be interesed to see if this incident changed the character of rodney any at all.

and yes im a shep fan and a beckett fan I was pleased with sheps part but to my dismay beckett was not in it.

Where was Teyla and Ronan?
      We were apparently missing lots of main characters.
      Its a bad sign if they have to do that for each SG-1 crossover.
      On the other hand, we got lots of good Zelenka.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

First Impressions:

Someone on the staff knows way too much about tomatoes

That pilot only has one expression

"I have light" ....you go Rodney (LOL)

Zelenka is just an optimist at heart ...../sarcasm

"I always knew the pjs had it in for me" ....."Let's make a deal" ....of course it is funny McKay....laugh it up

Wow.....Zelenka dear, just give her the bullet

Woo Hoo .....it's SAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

hee hee...."you're essentially arguing with yourself" .....I can't fault him for that.....I'm guilty of that from time to time

Love Weir with the incredulous look at Zelenka initially unwilling to go on the pj.....go Weir!

Shep sure is excited to finally get to go underwater (I bet he has the Mission Impossible theme going through his head the whole time)

Favorite part.....Sam's reaction to the shut-up comment from McKay

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
          and yes im a shep fan
          Well at least you're up-front about it.
          I don't think there was a need for Beckett although maybe if they had of gone to the Infirmary when McKay got back. Oh well he is in a few eps to come, but it looks like no real 'Carson' episode this season.

Comment

Just popping in to say that I really enjoyed this ep. I don't follow Atlantis very closely, and yes, I tuned in to watch this one mainly because Sam was in it. But having said that, I thought it was about a zillion times better than the SG1 ep that preceded it, and there was, of course ZELENKA! whom I love.

Comment

I really liked this episode, probably because of McKay. David Hewlett did another excellent job. Zelenka - well, he steals scenes all the time. Wish he could be a reg as well.

Liked Sheppard in this episode. He's a cool character when babes aren't hanging all over him (hey Skiffy - I'll be skipping next week's "babe magnet" show - as you so advertised it. .sheesh).

No Ronon or Teyla. They must have been off on a nice, romantic weekend somewhere.

Good story. Good acting. Good SFX. *thumbs up*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Wow Carter, and Weir were looking really hot in this episode. Too bad I'm only 24, and not in the pegasus galaxy

Comment

The Barcelona McKay's... did he mean the city Barcelona or the Planet Barcelona? I hear they've got dogs there with no noses. Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke and it's still funny...

-IMF
                  But it's a bit dodgy, this process... you never know what you're gonna end up with.
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Finally!!! An excellent Atlantis Season 2 episode!!!

The episode was wonderful. McKay's banter was funny, and Carter as an illusion worked well. I was worried that the episode would suffer from the same non-sensical plot of the Season 8 episode Grace, but the episode was controlled and paced well.

I liked that McKay has to learn to trust others and recognize his humanity and occasional frailty. Opening the jumper was like playing a game of trust with much higher stakes for him. I didn't like the original pilot much, so I wasn't terribly shook up with his death, but I did wonder about the other characters. Beckett should have been on the jumper or at least in another jumper on the surface to help treat anyone with injuries.

The Carter/McKay interaction was priceless, and I loved how the illusional Carter maintained much of the dignity of Carter's character while allowing McKay's subconscious a bit of creative license.

I wish that Zelenka would develop a bit more confidence about going off world, but he'll get there with time.

Overall, it was a fantastic episode. It looked great on paper and was better on screen. Yay!!!!
                    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Great show! Loved it! Cater was wonderful. McKay was hilarious!
                      They are so funny together.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                        I was worried that the episode would suffer from the same non-sensical plot of the Season 8 episode Grace, but the episode was controlled and paced well.
                        This was MUCH better than "Grace". We actually had a PLOT this time.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

That looked really painful when Mckay slapped himself.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Definitely a good Atlantis episode. McKay, great as ever. Man, I never would have thought his character could become so awesome after seeing his appearance in SG-1's "48 Hours". Glad I was proven wrong. As for Carter, can you say HOT? Carter in water, priceless.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Kind of interesting that the word 'Grace' is in the title, because that's the episode this was a rehash of.

..Atlantis had a really good run in the second half of the first season, starting with The Storm and ending with the cross-season three parter.

But since then, it's just been kind of lame. As far as Stargate goes, it's been in the *center* of the box.

Just about every episode has essentially used a stock episode premise and gone through exactly the motions you'd expect, eventually coming to exactly the conclusion you'd expect. Watching Stargate Atlantis has become an experience akin to being spoon-fed creamed bananas. The earthen manifestation of 'safe'.

Introduce some new plot elements! Some wraithe that aren't just like all the other wraithe! Make the genai more of a threat, make some other hostile force threaten Atlantis. Bring some ideological tension between the characters. Take some risks! Stop copying Star Trek! Stop copying earlier Stargate episodes! Do something to hold my interest, the same The Eye did last year!

They've started to with Ronon and Ford, but they hardly focus on those characters, or Teyla's ideological differences with Shepherd and Weir. Do more of that, and Atlantis will be good again. It's got a plenty good cast. But terrible writing lately.

Comment

First of all, TPTB knows that GUP is basically a rehash of Grace, that's why they named it that way. I know that probably doesn't make it better, but at least it shows you they know more than you think.

As to all those things you said you wanted...well, having had the chance to see (almost) all of season 2, I can say your wish is at least partially granted.

Comment

Working...
                                X