• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoMUS
    spoilers

Spoiler:
    Omg who would of thought caldwell is a gould......never seen that coming

Wonder who next daedalus commander will be

It's been known for a while now here!

Most members from Canada & their 4th cousin Bit are already up to episode 19.

At the end of the episode, you will have heard McKay conversing with Beckett about Hermiod removing the symbiote via the beaming tech. So that's it all over. There is no new commander of the D. Caldwell still remains & will so into season 3 so it seems as well.

Comment

Caldwell will be back. You have my word on that.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

I really really liked this. Atlantis is doing much better this season than SG1. It felt really awesome, I just loved this episode. Sure it was rushed but the stuff was good. I especially liked Teyla's song in the background during the more serious scenes.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
          Worse, Kavanagh was right. What evidence she did have was insubstantial; it was her personal feelings that colored her decision--a wrong decision in more ways than one.
          Kavanagh may have been right to an extent, but he also bears the weight of some very irresponsible and borderline unethical actions. A person signing up for the Atlantis expedition is asserting that they can perform their duties and handle the situations that they will be placed into, particularly when people's lives depend on everyone to function. Here we have Kavanagh being openly antagonistic and obstructionist throughout the entire process in a pressing life-threatening situation. While it doesn't give Weir a free liscense to react however she pleases, neither do her actions excuse his. There are proper channels for complaints for a reason, and indignantly bucking a bomb investigation whenever possible is nowhere near one of them.
          So you're saying that Ronon's beating of Caldwell was nothing more but a pre-emtive strike. That's a slippery slop.
          Well, I took Caldwell's statement to be about anologous to me getting out of my car when a cop pulls me over and sternly warning him that I had a high powered firearm. In which case I wouldn't be too surprised if I were tackled to the ground and restrained. Now it could be that Ronan just wanted to beat the crap out of Caldwell, but my first take was that there were aiming to physically restrain him.

Comment

Took me about half an hour to come down from this ep after I watched it.

1. Interesting to see the SGC and the Goa'uld again given that I've ditched SG1.

2. Kavanagh was just being moronic, though the torture thing did go right into 24 territory.

3. Very cool what they did with Rachel's singing.

4. I originally thought it was Kavanagh who was the Goa'uld, OK, maybe too obvious but I couldn't think who else it would be and Cadman didn't really fit the bill to my mind after 10 seconds or so. And so when I saw Caldwell's eyes glow my jaw hit the floor!

In short, this ep could have been a cackfest or it could have rocked. And. It. Rocked!

Trinity vs Critical Mass...Critical Mass has just edged into the best ep of S2 spot.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another enjoyable episode, but it would have been MUCH better if I hadn't broken my New Year resolution not to read any more spoilers! I think that lasted about an hour!!

One thing that Atlantis excels at is it's secondary characters and we had millions of them here!! Cadman, Caldwell, Zelenka (loved the face painting), Novak, Hermiod and Kavanagh (Yay!). Hope I didn't leave anyone out. I love 'em all!

Loved Rachel's singing. Reminded me very much of something from 'Riverdance'. Fully expected to see Michael Flatley at any second!! I could've listened to more of that and it was good how they kept the music going while showing all the action with the other characters.

Now with nearly every episode I feel I've been cheated on a certain scene. This week it was Ronon 'Pecs' and the torturing of Kavanagh...or the lack of it! Flippin' Kavanagh fainted?!! Where's the fun in that?!! I bet Ronon would've had to take his shirt off for the torturing as well! Although...wait a minute...*just checking the shirt removal roster*...Nope...Shep's next on the list. Ronon and McKay have already had their turn!!

Comment

Originally posted by bitnine
                Kavanagh may have been right to an extent, but he also bears the weight of some very irresponsible and borderline unethical actions. A person signing up for the Atlantis expedition is asserting that they can perform their duties and handle the situations that they will be placed into, particularly when people's lives depend on everyone to function. Here we have Kavanagh being openly antagonistic and obstructionist throughout the entire process in a pressing life-threatening situation. While it doesn't give Weir a free liscense to react however she pleases, neither do her actions excuse his. There are proper channels for complaints for a reason, and indignantly bucking a bomb investigation whenever possible is nowhere near one of them.Well, I took Caldwell's statement to be about anologous to me getting out of my car when a cop pulls me over and sternly warning him that I had a high powered firearm. In which case I wouldn't be too surprised if I were tackled to the ground and restrained. Now it could be that Ronan just wanted to beat the crap out of Caldwell, but my first take was that there were aiming to physically restrain him.
                Not only that, but during the episode he wasn't exactly co-operative or very... concerned that the city was going to explode. If you were really innocent, you would probably want to try and help out as much as you could, but Kavanagh's attitude is resolutely stubborn throughout the whole episode. On the other hand, if Kavanagh was really guilty, you would think that he would have done what Caldwell did, which was to try and act as innocent as possible so not to arouse suspicion.

I really enjoyed this episode, especially the music at the end, it was one of my favourite scenes from S2 so far. I also thought Hermiod's 'Stop talking please.' comment to Kavanagh was very funny, you can tell Hermiod has been working on his social skills, he said 'please' and everything ^ ^;;

Comment

The Best Episode of the second season of Atlantis yet It was great.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Oh, yes!

Definately the best episode of the season, so far. Good action, nice acting and the story was well built up to the climax. Even the song fitted, with the difference between the calm serenity of the funeral and the frantic action to save the city going on outside.

The Ronan/Cavanagh moment was excellent, and I nearly injured myself when Zelenka returned, looking like an extra from a Duran Duran video!
                    sigpic

Comment

some things *Scottish* ...that I noticed...
                      again, in sync with another topic "Rachel Luttrell - Beyond the night mp3" music with montage scenes

Originally posted by SGalisa:
                      ...Also, would SGA's celtic inspiration -to "Beyond the Night" music- have any connections to there being a *real* Scottish actor on the set, playing Dr. Carson Beckett... would bringing this song into the SGA series therefore be an honorable tribute to him and his native Scotland?? (I *like* when TPTB do that for the actors and crew).
                      Before the song began, Dr. Beckett went to find Teyla, only to discover her preparing for the *ring* ceremony. What I had forgotten- was that during the song's musical montage, Dr. Beckett was still in the same room with Teyla, watching her sing.

I also noticed Dr. Beckett wincing when the song first began... was that because the celtic feel of the song was (indirectly dedicated) in honor of the real actor, Paul McGillion being Scottish and he appeared (dually as an actor and character) all flustered and shy-like over having to stand there, or what? If it was for Paul (Dr. Beckett), that was a very *nice* touch. If yes, then it gave an added inside behind-the-scenes specialness, while the rest of the world just observes it as another "ordinary" song keeping in theme with the stargate's *ring* aspects.

One other Scottish notation: anyone notice after the song montage was finished, when Dr. Weir spoke the words:
                      "we crossed the line with Kavanagh" she had a Scottish lilt in her voice?
                      was it there for the song's celtic-like reinforcement, or just a subconscious Scottish brogue moment?

And, tho I'm not sure, I could swear part of the "Beyond the Night" music is a variation of the Jaffa Free music already heard in SG-1's "Reckoning/Threads" eps. There's a tad of the Jaffa Free music also heard at the beginning of SGA's "Intruder" during the "previously on SGA" (intro) sequence. I thought I heard part of the song elsewhere in SGA's "CRITICAL MASS" ep, but without having the celtic feel to it. In other words, I'm almost certain it's been heard thru-out the SG series ...just not noticed as much before now.

Comment

Hey does anyone know what kind of pistol that was that sheppard was pointing at Caldwell besides the taser because i remember seeing it in The Lost Boys as well. It looked Cool. Could someone tell me the name of it?

Comment

Overall I enjoyed it. Apart from the singing.

If they'd just taken that out, or at least made her just sing on set or outside 'live' and not in a recording studio (that had to be done twice and still sounds like it's from a recording studio) it would've been a lot better.

It has nothing to do with how talented a singer she is. It reminded me of bad 60s tv where they'd insert 'groovy' music.

Maybe an american audiance likes that stuff more, but to me it was totally naff.

Comment

singing in stargate now we can't have that!
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I kinda enjoyed it
                              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

As did i. At first i thought it was gonna be daft, then realised that they were gonna intertwine it with stuff happening around them. Kinda haunting, but it worked.

Anyway, we've had humming, singing's just an extension!!
                                Last edited by Anubis69; 29 January 2006, 02:32 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X