Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Aw Shadow, your shippy side is peeking out!! Who's making the Kav/Novak thread?

Bwa!
    I think that the main difference here is that Teyla's "grannie" was about to die from natural causes, something quite rare with Athosians. Halling et al knew that Teyla was proabably going to die in 38 Minutes so they had time to prepare a ritual, but her death still would have been unnatural. So it's really more the Tea Service of Unnatural Impending Death.
    Makes me wonder if they also have some kind of ceremony for 'hey, look, you almost died but survived...'

Infact now I'm getting ideas about zombie legends...

And don't tempt me on Kavanagh/Novak - I have fanfic100 for Kav so it'd be more than possible for me to use one of them as that...

Comment

Originally posted by Callie
      Where was the Tea Service of Impending Death? I just rewatched Thirty Eight Minutes and there was the big scene when Halling and his cronies brought in a tray of what looked like afternoon tea to help Teyla prepare for death, saying that it was a big deal among the Athosians to have a ritual prayer ceremony when they knew they were about to die.

I suppose they could have had the ceremony for Charin offscreen and shortly before she died – maybe even before she was moved into the Infirmary – but rewatching the earlier episode reminded me that it was missing.
      Charan's ceremony was for someone dying of NATURAL CAUSES. Teyla (in "38 Minutes") wasn't. However, she did know when she might die, hence the ceremony. However, dying of old age is probably a rarity in the Pegasus Galaxy!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
        btw, when they were looking for the Goa'uld why couldnt they have just done a scan? It would've been easier and simpler and save a lot of time
        They didn't know it was a Gould, they just thought it was a human Trust agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          I think that the main difference here is that Teyla's "grannie" was about to die from natural causes, something quite rare with Athosians. Halling et al knew that Teyla was proabably going to die in 38 Minutes so they had time to prepare a ritual, but her death still would have been unnatural. So it's really more the Tea Service of Unnatural Impending Death.
          What they did for Charan was more like a whole Sweets Trolley of Natural Death, with all the trimmings.

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

Okay,
            Spoiler:
            Theres a bomb in Atlantis, UH OH
            The SGC is trying to do everything they can to stop it
            Mr Somthingrather says the bomb goes off when the worm hole is established,

Why not adjust the Iris closer inward to (bury the gate)
            Last edited by AcidSquid; 13 December 2005, 12:24 PM.

Comment

It would make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                yes sense and time, they only had 3 hours or sumthing remember.

Comment

Hmmm, Dig a damn whole and throw the damn gate into it, then, pour some dirt ontop.

Comment

or just dial somewhere else to gain some time

Comment

It would also make sense to edit your own post to add this comment in, instead of giving the impression that you are working on your post count and bumping your thread.

Also: no, it wouldn't make sense. The wormhole would surely still be established, it would just mean that nothing could pass through. Think about Suspicion,
                      Spoiler:
                      when Teyla says that if the iris is not opened she will be forced to pass through the gate/jump into the wormhole and kill both herself and Aiden.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                      ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
                        It would also make sense to edit your own post to add this comment in, instead of giving the impression that you are working on your post count and bumping your thread.

Also: no, it wouldn't make sense. The wormhole would surely still be established, it would just mean that nothing could pass through. Think about Suspicion,
                        Spoiler:
                        when Teyla says that if the iris is not opened she will be forced to pass through the gate/jump into the wormhole and kill both herself and Aiden.
                        lol No, Increasing the iris's closeness to the gate would be the same as burying the gate.

Comment

lol No, Increasing the iris's closeness to the gate would be the same as burying the gate.
                          And is this canon or a supposition on your part?

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                          ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

It's canon. The SGC did it in '48 Hours' in order to preserve Teal'c's pattern in the crystals.

I think that it wouldn't of mattered if they had barried the gate. Either Atlantis would still use the power of the ZPM, therefore blow up, to get a failed dialing or they would of just dialed to MW Alpha site instead.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Caldwell- had him pegged as a suspect at the beginning
                              Yup, couldn't be kav-too obvious. couldn't be cadman-rodney was at her too much!! (mind you, she was the only real other option. it was never gonna be kav)

I HATED HATED HATED that whole song sequence. HATED it. I'm sorry. It felt MASSIVELY out of place. If it had been a solo voice without accompaniment (or with only subdued instrumentals) that'd be one thing, but full orchestration AND back-up vocals??
                              i thought it was a bit strong too, but it was actually the main vocal that annoyed me. if they'd just had the orchestration and tribal voice(but toned down a bit) without the solo, it would have worked a bit better for me.

Cadman- I liked her better in Duet.The character has potential, she deserves better than this.
                              Yeah, i didn't like her in this at all really, except in the final climax. She seemed alot different from the character portrayed in Duet. I hope they steer back a bit there.

I want there to be as little leakage as possible between the two.
                              I think you and i are in the minority there. I mean the whole original Atlantis idea was to cut them off!!!!

But i liked this episode. it's the first up point since Aurora

Comment

IMO it was an weird episode, there was no real sense of perril.
                                The song ruined the very little tension that TPTB tried to simulate not because of the song's quality but because its use was so UnStargate, so corny, so inappropriate, so anticlimactic, so B category. That moment was so painful too mee. But not as worse as Grace Under Pressure.
                                The Goa'uld threat was glued badly it was like trying to glue wood and stone. Logical yes, but glued. Bleah.
                                The moments from Stargate Command were like sequences from another kind of show.
                                Bad bad bad crossover. The Pilot (Rising) was better (if we can consider it a crossover). SG1 and Atlantis are family but crossovers don't work. (It remainds me of The X-Files 9x15 Jump the Shark also a bad crossover - ironic isn't it?)
                                School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X