No announcement yet.

Epiphany (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epiphany was sort of bleh. The whole beast, village, ascension thing was boring.
    The woman being attracted to John was too predictable.

The rest of the episode was very enjoyable, however. As usual, McKay stole the show. He had great lines(you've all mentioned them).
    And, boy, did he take charge. It was great to see. He wasn't a jerk about it. He just did what needed to be done. He was extremely worried about John and determined to get him back.
    I could really sense his frustration with Ronan(and Ronan was being a bit of a jerk to McKay) and to a lesser degree with Teyla. I like how Teyla worked with Rodney.

And McKay keeps growing. He very freely took the blame for the whole situation while explaining things to Elizabeth. And telling Carson that the "great idea" was Zelenka's and that he is a crappy pilot shows a bit more humility. I'm also glad he gave Teyla a compliment re her good thinking.

It was cool to see Weir make it off Atlantis. I think she needs to get out more often!

Comment

For once I'd like to see the alien woman giving Shep the brush-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        For once I'd like to see the alien woman giving Shep the brush-off.

Yeah, give him the brush off and go nuts for Beckett or Zelenka(if you could ever get him off Atlantis). I guess a girl did fall for Beckett in Poisening the Well.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
          Yeah, give him the brush off and go nuts for Beckett or Zelenka(if you could ever get him off Atlantis). I guess a girl did fall for Beckett in Poisening the Well.

What about rodney.. he seriously needs a woman!!

Comment

Yeah, Rodney would work too. It might calm him down a bit(but who wants to completely lose hyper-Rodney! ).

Comment

I enjoyed watching it for the first time today. (many funny lines in that ep! )
              Of course it reminded me of episodes of SG1 and other sci-fi movies, but if you don't think of it as a lack of writing inspiration, why wouldn't the same situation repeat itself? (like in real life, different people can encounter the same problems)..

However, what I consider a flaw is this:
              Anybody wondered why the team didn't send a written note together with the food supply, explaining he was in a time dilatation bubble, etc... ? They knew months would pass, and they let Shep unaware of what was really going on.. It's cruel!!
              But then again, if they did what is logical and reasonable, the rest of the plot wouldn't be as interesting. (if he knew he would be rescued, he would have acted differently with the locals). The writers often sacrifice the right thing to do that makes sense, in order to actually have a story to tell.

Things that I thought would happen but didn't happen...
              * I was pretty sure that Weir's unusual trip offworld would lead to her finding with her own eyes Sheppard & the Hot Sister kiss (or do something like that).
              * I thought the little sister (the healer) was a *real* ancient in disguise.
              * Schwarzenneger didn't turn up to fight the monster..

Comment

Perhaps they did think of that, but remembered that shep is more of a grunt type guy and thought the note would be over his head..

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva View Post
                  Weir: Well, the beard is... interesting.
                  Sheppard: The first thing to go when we get home.

I think if he didn't shave for 6 months he would have more of a beard than he did. Also, the other men in the village were clean-shaven so it's not like they didn't have a razors (unless that race of people just naturally have smooth-faced men).

Comment

Originally posted by millertj27 View Post
                    I think if he didn't shave for 6 months he would have more of a beard than he did. Also, the other men in the village were clean-shaven so it's not like they didn't have a razors (unless that race of people just naturally have smooth-faced men).
                    maybe they shaved with water and a sharp knife and sheppard didn't fancy risking a slip haha who knows all i know is that it is a fantastic episode

Comment

I just watched a rerun of this ep.

It was an ok episode as a stand alone, but the character development was quite weak. Really a copycat episode of "A Hundred Days" from Stargate SG1 except I felt there was way more character development in the SG1 episode, particularly for Laira (Michelle Green) as the love interest of Jack. Teer (Chad Morgan) is very attractive, but they just did not manage to develop the onscreen chemistry the way Jack and Michelle succeeded.

I did love Tayla showing she had the smarts. And as several noted, some good lines, I actually liked the line by John "I am starting to have abandonment issues...". I really felt Ronan was typecast in this episode.

Yes, they all had an Epiphany (except John who almost never has one it seems) but it simply was not a very strong episode in my opinion.
                      ---------------------
                      sigpic
                      Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

mckay should have taken the zpm anyway, what would the ascended do, they cant do anything to us. and how many people could knwo about that place?

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                          I just watched a rerun of this ep.

It was an ok episode as a stand alone, but the character development was quite weak. Really a copycat episode of "A Hundred Days" from Stargate SG1 except I felt there was way more character development in the SG1 episode, particularly for Laira (Michelle Green) as the love interest of Jack. Teer (Chad Morgan) is very attractive, but they just did not manage to develop the onscreen chemistry the way Jack and Michelle succeeded.
                          I completely agree with you.
                          I thought of the exact same thing as I was watching it today.
                          Never the less, a great episode
                          "I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe... and I wanna eat pie!"
                          Twitter | Myspace | Facebook | Youtube | Steam | Last.fm | Flixster | Fazz's Blog

Comment

after a LOT of good episodes this season... this one was rather boring..... sheps getting more focus but well... its one of those episodes that i wont watch that often.... sorry john...
                            sigpic

Comment

i agree not one of the most exciting episodes
                              sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who was reminded of the Time Traveler's Wife during the scene where what's-her-face was telling sheppard how she knew when she would meet him and whatnot?
                                "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                                -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Working...
                                X