Epiphany (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...

1. Some cool lines scattered about all over the place.

2. Pretty slow mover though and I certainly didn't get as much backstory as expected.

Overall, it goes one on one with Sancturary and the S1 ep gets the edge as Chaya was hotter than any of the guest females here.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I enjoyed this episode...I think it would have been much more gripping if TPTB had gone along with JF's original idea for the story but...hey ho...that's the way it goes I suppose!

I loved how Joe showed Shep's feelings of desertion and slight panicky feelings when in the cave. That was nicely done....and there were some great little scenes and lines this week. 'Malp on a stick', 'Conan and Xena' etc. Heh! I also liked that bit where the young girl is caring for Shep and she shouts out 'He's awake' and he goes 'I am now'!!!

Got a bit worried when Shep was doing those stretching exercises...thought he was going to launch into a ballet routine there for a moment! Phew! Thank goodness he was just going for a run! Not that there is anything wrong in men doing ballet...er...just don't want to see SexyShep doing any that's all!!

Wasn't bothered by the 'girlfriend of the week' thing actually. I still don't see him as a lothario to be honest. He just had resigned himself to staying there... and she came on to him...darn it!!

Anyhoo...nice episode and, as I said, I enjoyed it, but I think Joe's original idea would have been more exciting!

Last edited by Elinor; 24 January 2006, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
        I enjoyed this episode...I think it would have been much more gripping if TPTB had gone along with JF's original idea for the story but...hey ho...that's the way it goes I suppose!

I loved how Joe showed Shep's feelings of desertion and slight panicky feelings when in the cave. That was nicely done....and there were some great little scenes and lines this week. 'Malp on a stick', 'Conan and Xena' etc. Heh! I also liked that bit where the young girl is caring for Shep and she shouts out 'He's awake' and he goes 'I am now'!!!

Got a bit worried when Shep was doing those stretching exercises...thought he was going to launch into a ballet routine there for moment! Phew! Thanks goodness he was just going for a run! Not that there isn't anything wrong in men doing ballet...er...just don't want to see SexyShep doing any that's all!!
        Wasn't bothered by the 'girlfriend of the week' thing actually. I still don't see him as a lothario to be honest. He just had resigned himself to staying there... and she came on to him...darn it!!

Anyhoo...nice episode and, as I said, I enjoyed it, but I think Joe's original idea would have been more exciting!

Hmm. Shep in ballet tights. I love men in ballet; ever see their physiques?? Oh, PG that.

Just sayin', Joe Flanigan's original story would have been spice! Angst, maybe a flashback to some part of his life, etc. Ah, well. Cool ep anyway.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

JM just answered a question about the backstory thing in the Ask Joe thread, and said that the flashback stuff was never a part of the script... so why did JF go around telling people that it was?
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Maybe the IDEA of flashbacks were there, but it never materialized in script form.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              JM just answered a question about the backstory thing in the Ask Joe thread, and said that the flashback stuff was never a part of the script... so why did JF go around telling people that it was?
              JF probably said the flashbacks were part of the story. He presented the storyline, but Brad Wright did the penning. All the flashback could easily have been in the story treatment. Since Brad Wright wrote the script, not JM, he's probably in a better position to answer that question.

Comment

All i'm saying about this episode is that it was a bit better than Colaterall Damage both these two gave more insight into both Mitchell and Sheppard.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Totally OT, but I think 'dude' still applies to the male gender. At least I've never heard anybody call a woman/girl 'dude'. But many people make gender-neutral handles because quite frankly, you make a handle that screams "female" and you get hit on. It's a drawback of the net.
                  More OTness.

IMHO Dude and Guys are both gender nuetral depending on the situation.
                  I think it really depends on how and when its said. For instance if I say "whatever, dude" I probably am not even considering the gender of the person Im just trying to make the point "ok, you think what you want and I think what I want and we both live happily ever after..." Course I can see how others may not see it that way

As for Epiphany. Was it a great ep, no not really. Was it a terrible ep, no not by a long shot. I had heard lots of bad things about the 2nd half of atlantis (nothing specific just general its badness) so I was pleasently suprised by this one and the one that follows. There was enough entertainment value in the one liners and character interactions (for me) to overlook plotholes and plot silliness. I still think those people should have started signing Kumbia at the end though (might as well have).
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
                    All i'm saying about this episode is that it was a bit better than Colaterall Damage both these two gave more insight into both Mitchell and Sheppard.

To be honest, I didn't learn anything about Sheppard that I didn't already know. He loves to live life, I kinda got that impression already. He's established bonds with the people he works with. Duh. If there's anything else that we learned about him, please tell me. Otherwise, this falls waaay short of anything SG-1 has done.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                      To be honest, I didn't learn anything about Sheppard that I didn't already know. He loves to live life, I kinda got that impression already. He's established bonds with the people he works with. Duh. If there's anything else that we learned about him, please tell me. Otherwise, this falls waaay short of anything SG-1 has done.

I was just thinking in the sense of his beliefs, and that he thought it was right to find out who the real killer was even after they were going to let him go.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

JF probably said the flashbacks were part of the story. He presented the storyline, but Brad Wright did the penning. All the flashback could easily have been in the story treatment. Since Brad Wright wrote the script, not JM, he's probably in a better position to answer that question.
                        Just to follow up on that from a magazine I picked up today:

TV Zone #197 interview with JF:

Regarding EPIPHANY
                        “Brad Wright and I brainstormed about some ideas I’d come up with and decided on one involving a time dilation device.”

“I had envisioned this Van Helsing-like feature film monster, but our budget was such that we had to make do with one man in a pink foam suit.”

“At one point after fighting the Pepto-Bismol monster, I thought ‘Maybe I should give up the writing thing’. Brad came up to me recently and said his fears about the Pepto-Bismal monster were laid to rest and that the episode actually turned out quite well. .. I wrote the storyline and Brad wrote the script, and thank God, because he was able to fill in the loopholes in my storyline, so we’ll see how it goes. It was definitely an interesting lesson about budgetary constraints and the realities of making a TV show.”

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                          I believe JF said flashbacks to Aghanistan MAY be included. Maybe it was one of his ideas that Brad Wright didn't incorporate. In Collateral Damage Mitchell got those instead, so Epiphany lost and CD gained. Fair?, nope!

Anyway, I went into this episdode not expecting much and really enjoyed it.
                          I thought it was a good, but not exciting or particularly tense, episode. JF's acting for me was enjoyable to watch, and I did learn more about Sheppard. He was more whiney than I've ever seen him and less of an optimist. He felt abandoned, thus the loner has become more at ease in his friendshipson Atlantis. He needs them now.
                          I had no problem with his fling with Teer. He'd been there for nearly half a year, and that is restrained compared to most single, lonely and hurt men or women seeking solace. So, Kirk? I don't think so. Sleeping with a woman who was attracted to him and made the first move makes Sheppard promiscuous? Erm, not in my opinion. Six months in the waiting makes him restrained, IMO. After all he's NOT part of a couple is he? He is single guy.
                          The beast was fine in my eyes, not terrific but not stupid either.
                          Some great lines scattered throughout. I especially liked the malp on a stick, and when Sheppard said that had he known Teer and him would sleep together that night he wouldn't have gone on a 10 hour run!
                          So, yes lack of backstory was disappointing, but still an entertaining episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

I believe JF said flashbacks to Aghanistan MAY be included. Maybe it was one of his ideas that Brad Wright didn't incorporate. In Collateral Damage Mitchell got those instead, so Epiphany lost and CD gained. Fair?, nope!

Nope, not fair. As much as they want SG1 to succeed with the reinvented cast (which is doing fine on its own), they don't need to whittle away on developing folks in SGA.

I had no problem with his fling with Teer. He'd been there for nearly half a year, and that is restrained compared to most single, lonely and hurt men or women seeking solace. So, Kirk? I don't think so. Sleeping with a woman who was attracted to him and made the first move makes Sheppard promiscuous? Erm, not in my opinion. Six months in the waiting makes him restrained, IMO. After all he's NOT part of a couple is he? He is single guy.

Nah, simply human. He waited months and let her make the moves, really. And as far as we can tell, he's the first woman Shep's slept with since coming to the Pegasus Galaxy.

The beast was fine in my eyes, not terrific but not stupid either.
                            Some great lines scattered throughout. I especially liked the malp on a stick, and when Sheppard said that had he known Teer and him would sleep together that night he wouldn't have gone on a 10 hour run!
                            So, yes lack of backstory was disappointing, but still an entertaining episode

Just rewatched the episdoe with a friend who went "Hey, isn't that the creature from Forbidden Planet?" So nice to see I wasn't the ony one who saw that analogy MALP on a stick was good but it always make my hungry when I hear that ...

Comment

[I]

Just rewatched the episdoe with a friend who went "Hey, isn't that the creature from Forbidden Planet?" So nice to see I wasn't the ony one who saw that analogy MALP on a stick was good but it always make my hungry when I hear that ...
                              Oh, definitely like the monster in Forbidden Planet. But I thought that was better than some guy running around in prosthetics growling, that could've been REALLY embarrassing.
                              Malp on a stick does sound yummy, doesn't it? Not as yummy as Shep on a stick though (OK, I'm going now before I lower the tone here...)
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, monster from the forbidden planet? Is this a Dr. Who thing or something?
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X