No announcement yet.

Epiphany (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the Ancients have already done the 'playing God' bit with that whole 'seeding humans' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
      But the Ancients have already done the 'playing God' bit with that whole 'seeding humans' thing.
      I might be wrong, but I always believed thruout the entire Stargate legends, the ancients were still in human form when they "seeded" the galaxies. (makes better sense)

Unless if they were using some form of precollected lifeform seeding process via computer, as in I think it was "Scorched Earth" where the Enkarans were about to be wiped out by the giant ship, that would be the other most logical "seeding" theory the ancients could have used.
      --------
      re: the "monster in the woods". Based on speculation, when I first heard about this episode, I thought of the monster being similar -by size only- to the giants in SG1's "Crystal Skull" episode. Now I'm wondering, where there any visual similarities there?

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
        Comparing "Epiphany" to "A Hundred Days," I hope Sheppard didn't sleep with the girl and leave her the way O'Neill did.

As you can see, I have to wait another month plus.
        And how did Jack leave Lara in "100 Days"? Just left her. THe speculation about her being pregnant is just that, fan speculation, but in this case, Teer left Sheppard, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          And how did Jack leave Lara in "100 Days"? Just left her. THe speculation about her being pregnant is just that, fan speculation, but in this case, Teer left Sheppard, not the other way around.
          Yeah, and I don't think there were any real feelings, on either side. IMO, Teera was just a girl he has a physical attraction to, triggered by the fact that he feels very lonely.
          And Teera felt the attraction because she had seen his face for all her life and he was their hope to finally ascend.

So Real Feelings? - Not if you ask me!
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
            I might be wrong, but I always believed thruout the entire Stargate legends, the ancients were still in human form when they "seeded" the galaxies. (makes better sense)

Unless if they were using some form of precollected lifeform seeding process via computer, as in I think it was "Scorched Earth" where the Enkarans were about to be wiped out by the giant ship, that would be the other most logical "seeding" theory the ancients could have used.
            It warrants further attention but I doubt whether we'd get it.

Comment

I loved the whole 'Aaa, MALP on a stick' thing
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...piphany029.jpg
              "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
              "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
              Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

I'm just itching to find out who's the actor is who plays Avrid, Teer's (the woman who has a crush on Shepard) brother
                Does anyone know?
                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Same fellow from Demons, wasn't it?

Comment

From my understanding, the method Beckett is going to use to turn Wraith into humans seems perfectly viable. Converting a wraith wouldn't be any different than curing Shep because at that point, his genetics were almost like a wraith's anyway... from the prototype virus that gave him all the bad RNA in the first place.

...this is coming from a composer/symphonist though. ^_^
                    Didn't Beckett state that, "Wraith have no need for a digestive System, so why have one at all" (Instinct-season 2) the one question I'm posing is, how is the retrovirus going to create a digestive system in the wraith or are they going to be life sucking humans? What I have heard about the episode 'Michael' seems to suport this though I may be wrong.
                    Any ideas?

Comment

Same fellow from Demons, wasn't it?
                      YES!!! David McNally, awesome
                      I've been looking everywhere, thankyou so much

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        Rodney stole the show - I always enjoy seeing a cranky, under-pressure Rodney and I thought his admittances that he couldn't fly the PJ well and that the idea was really Zelenka's were nice bits of character development. Ronan and Teyla were great, though I am getting a bit sick of seeing them together all the time...

Best line of the ep - "I didn't ask for a log!"
                        Haha, he was really snarky, yea!

Originally posted by caty
                        Yeah, and I don't think there were any real feelings, on either side. IMO, Teera was just a girl he has a physical attraction to, triggered by the fact that he feels very lonely.
                        And Teera felt the attraction because she had seen his face for all her life and he was their hope to finally ascend.

So Real Feelings? - Not if you ask me!
                        Not on Sheppards side, I didn't get that either. I think he was hedging his bets, what if I am stranded here maybe it wouldn't be so bad with her, but please get me the **** out of here I am so bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                          Haha, he was really snarky, yea!
                          It was the delivery rather than the line for me.

Not on Sheppards side, I didn't get that either. I think he was hedging his bets, what if I am stranded here maybe it wouldn't be so bad with her, but please get me the **** out of here I am so bored.
                          Because they were boring people. He was just using her for sex...

Comment

Because they were boring people. He was just using her for sex...
                            That's a rather unappealing way of looking at Shep...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              That's a rather unappealing way of looking at Shep...
                              It is rather, isn't it?
                              I'm sure it was not meant to be taken seriously though..
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi there, I'm new to this, but here goes.
                                I havent seen this ep yet (UK) but when i read the spoilers for it i kinda imagined it this way.
                                I thought the beast was going to be a manifestation of the villagers fears (As it was-sorta) but also that it would be a manifestation of Sheps thoughts and fears.

I imagined that that was how the whole Shep backstory would tie i. I thought that Sheppard would get the opportunity to ascend but they say he cant leave until he resolves the issues that prevent him from going. i.e. Afghanistan.
                                Then you see I thought it would link to flashbacks of his time there and why he cant resolve the issues and henceforth cant ascend.

In a sense I think Epiphany without that parallels what his time in Afghanistan may have been like. In the sense that he was abandoned and alone. His comment on "we dont leave people behind right?" seemed very personal and specific to him.
                                I dont know. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X