No announcement yet.

The Hive (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's too bad Nera was a spy, she was pretty hot.
    Other than that, the episode was very good.

Comment

The episode had so much potential... Part I was so good, but this... this sucked. Sheppards development as a character has not exactly been going very well...

Comment

Did anyone else cheer when Ford showed up and saved Sheppard from the queen? I know I did and I also cheered when Ford was kicking Wraith ass earlier in the episode. I know there's no plans to bring him back just yet, but I hope they don't pull a Jonas and just forget about him. I loved him in the Hive and those scenes I mentioned before really made the episode for me, not that the rest wasn't awesome.

Perfecto!

Comment

A pretty decent episode.

Yay for Sheppard not falling for the cute girl in the cell cliché. (guess he watches lots of TV)
          Boo for the girl hitting on him (this may start a bad trend)
          Boo for the wraith being worshipped as “gods”. Can’t we just say that the people are collaborating with the wraith so as not to get eaten and drop the whole god thing just this once?
          Yay for the super Mckay, that was fun and for recovering Mckay, more fun. (Where they on that hive ship a long time, or does the enzyme where off in a couple of hours…. If so I say start making it for you teams going on those “special” missions… a little down time and they are as good as new [lacked the horror of true withdraw that you see from heroine or crack])
          Good acting for the Telya and Ronan characters.
          Good to see Becket, Zelinka and Loren. Caldwell and Weir were just as fine as always (noticed Weir is a little more likely to allow ‘rescue’ missions when it’s her favorite team involved)

So how did Ford get out of his predicament….. m m m magic.
          And what was Ford “covering” anyway. His own escape I imagine.

So no one was monitoring the space gate. Might want to have one of your sensor people take a look at that kind of thing.
          Did Queen #1 actually talk to Queen #2 or was she going to wait until after the culling?
          So Sheppard was smart enough to see through the trick but the mighty wraith were not. I mean they have to be pretty stupid not to figure out he was lying. It was like Saturday night live “yea, yea, I’m a, a plant for the other queen, yea that’s it, she sent me here to kill you, you know, as a trick, yea that’s the ticket. I’m telling you now because, um, well, uh I want to uh worship you instead, yea that’s it, that’s the ticket”.

Overall it was a pretty good episode. It was fun to watch. Although the magic Ford rescue was not the cool Mckay\Loren rescue I was hopping for I was happy enough that Sheppard rescued Telya and Ronan. And although I wasn’t inspired to cheer I was happy the Wraith shot at each other even if it proves they are morons… but Siege 3 already proved that so nothing lost there.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Wow that was the absolute, crap lousiest piece of crap of an excuse for an episode too date.

-Boy Teyla has really fine tuned that wraith sensing ability, considering the last times she used it the wraith took her over. But now she can be on a hive ship full of them and discern individual emotions from the wraith and not be taken over as well as sense a new hive ship showing up.

-I guess its maybe because they have no eyes but the wraith really, really, really suck at searching prisoners apparently

-“Lock and load”?? come on! McKay overdosing doesn’t have any side effects? His system just automatically adjusts to that much of an alien enzyme instantly?

-Is it just me or have the Wraith just become comical instead of scary? The giant fake teeth look ridiculous and they kiss like scared cats all the time. “Ooo Im a big scary threatening wraith! Meow!”

-Wow McKay is back on his feet after what, less then 24 hours? Man that boy is strong!

-Ok the “clowns” bit was funny!

-At least Kirk…er I mean Sheppard knew better than to tell the chick about earth.

-It’s a good thing that wraith lady is the trusting sort to just believe Sheppard like that. Its too bad the wraith aren’t like telepathically linked so that she could try to confirm the story.

-Lucky thing Sheppard can now read wraith fluently to fly the jumper with out McKays translating computer assisting.

-Atlantis control can receive an IDC transmission BEFORE the wormhole engades? Convenient.

-Of course we could run into ford again, he was killed but there was no body. In sci fi that means we WILL see them again.

I have a new theory on how the Atlantis episodes are being written. I call it the monkey **** theory. The writers take the blank pages for the script and stick them on the wall. Then they get a bunch of angry monkey’s to throw their feces at the wall. What ever sticks to the paper is the script for that episode.

Comment

This was a very good episode. Liked SG-1 better, but this was also majorly cool. Hilarious with Rodney, the fact that he had to convince himself to put in the enzyme, not so funny when he went into withdrawals. The action sequences were also pretty good, also with Ronan's endless knife supply. Creepy now that we know that there are Wraith worshippers out there, who view the Wraith more as gods then anything else (notice, they have this theme with Stargate?). I got scared for a short time there when Sheppard and the team didn't show up on Atlantis and they had that music goin' from when Ford fled Atlantis back at the end of the Siege Pt III. Hope we do get to see Ford sometime in the future. I give this Four and 5/6 stars out of five.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

*does happy dance*

Finally, the second part of the season is here.

I liked this episode and enjoyed watching it from start to finsh. What I liked most was all the new info on the wraith. This episode confirmed that the wraith are territorial, they are suspicious of each other, and we also learned that the wraith have modified their strategy as evidenced by the "wraith followers" and using one to try and gain info from Shep.

As Weir pointed out, what we learned can be used as a new strategy against them.

I found McKay hilarious. DH can act! Loved the scenes between him and Beckett. Also loved the scene where he was explaining to Weir that in his mind he was completely lucid and it was those around him who were crazy and not making any sense. This finally gives us some insight into how Ford can and did behave so crazily.

.....and on a side note.....new full-length opening intro is awesome....on both SGA and SG-1. So glad they went back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983

-Boy Teyla has really fine tuned that wraith sensing ability, considering the last times she used it the wraith took her over. But now she can be on a hive ship full of them and discern individual emotions from the wraith and not be taken over as well as sense a new hive ship showing up.
                  She also used it in The Siege Part 3, which, as I remember, she did it rather well. Also, I wouldn't think it's that hard to detect a hive ship nearby. I mean, if you suddenly feel an increase in the number of Wraiths, all arriving at once, what else can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                    She also used it in The Siege Part 3, which, as I remember, she did it rather well. Also, I wouldn't think it's that hard to detect a hive ship nearby. I mean, if you suddenly feel an increase in the number of Wraiths, all arriving at once, what else can it be?
                    So she can use the ability with out being taken over when there are now twice as many wraith, where as before she couldn't stop one Wraith from taking her over?

Comment

So she can use the ability with out being taken over when there are now twice as many wraith, where as before she couldn't stop one Wraith from taking her over?
                      In that instance she was actively trying to get into his mind. She's never had a takeover issue when she was simply sensing their presence.
                      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                      Spoiler:
                      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                        In that instance she was actively trying to get into his mind. She's never had a takeover issue when she was simply sensing their presence.
                        She was sensing the wraith lady's emotions, she was opening herself up more than the natural instinctual level of sensing them she has.

Comment

So at the end she was just "connecting" (sort of) with one Wraith.

Comment

“Lock and load”?? come on! McKay overdosing doesn’t have any side effects? His system just automatically adjusts to that much of an alien enzyme instantly?
                            I saw all sorts of side effects, maybe the part where he started acting crazy around Wier? High Blood pressure, passing out, all sorts of side effects. The enzyme appears to boost aggresive tendencies and strength first in a user and then go on to effect them mentally and then physically.

-It’s a good thing that wraith lady is the trusting sort to just believe Sheppard like that. Its too bad the wraith aren’t like telepathically linked so that she could try to confirm the story.
                            We now know that the Wraith have human followers and that the Wraith are basically high evolved predators and very territorial. With the shortage of food in the galaxy, its no wonder that the Wraith would fight among themselves where food is concerned. Its not inconcivable that a Wraith Queen would send a follower to infiltrate another hive ship to find out where they are going in order to secure a larger source of food. As far as the telepathic link, didn't they say in the part one that the Waith had limited hive to hive contact and were trying to block it all together because of Teyla?

-Lucky thing Sheppard can now read wraith fluently to fly the jumper with out McKays translating computer assisting.
                            I agree with that, when did he learn to read to Wraith? I suppose he learned to fly with the translator and then could fly without it?

-Atlantis control can receive an IDC transmission BEFORE the wormhole engades? Convenient.
                            Really? I saw the shield activate both times and the worm hole form behind the shield before they chevron guy confirmed the IDC.

I thought that episode was pretty good. Some good action and Mckay was funny as hell all hopped up on the enezym and played a really convincing drug addict getting clean and I wondered when Dr. Beckett told Rodney he knew how much this hurt was because Beckett at one time had a drug problem or had he just seen enough detox to know what was going on?

I love the Wraith fighting each other, its exactly what any predator would do when fighting over food. If you've ever seen one of those animal shows on Discovery channel, thats what happens when one animal kills deer or something and some other animals come sniffing around, they fight.

I didn't really like the fact that the human followers of the Wraith worshipped them. I could see selling the fellow humans to keep from being eaten because human history is full of stories of turn coats trying to save thier own asses. I just don't see why the Wraith would feel the need to let thier food worship them or even care if they did. I mean certainly try to use humans to get more food but not worship them.

Comment

First, THE FULL OPENING CREDIT SEQUENCE IS BAAAACK! Cool montage, with the shadowy actor pics. Nice, atmospheric.

I liked this episode. I think there was good pacing, suspense, cool explosions and stuff. I couldn't help thinking that the wraith got doubly pissed off because the prisoners were raiding their pantry. The Daedulus landing scene was great.

Ford! Off again to play least in sight, until...until RSF gets a new contract if ever. Sigh, miss the boy. Glad they haven't killed him off (?).

Shep's "they keep sending in the clowns" had me smiling. And oh, well dressed wraith shelf food: snuggling was a dead giveaway! Yuck, worshipping again? This theme gets around.

LOL when Ronon pulled all that cutlery off his person! Wraith soldiers need pat-down procedures tightened up! And also LOL when he rescued his coat! Don't blame him; love it myself.

Just sayin', all around a cool ep. The wraith society is getting a little clearer and that's all good; as Elizabeth said it will help fight them. My rating: 3 stars.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Enjoyed it. McKay's part was excellent, well played. Action was good, plot and character development with the Wraith was very good. A little hint of character development for Carson!

FORD!!! Rainbow played a heck of a role. I really do hope that they can find a way to bring him back. He did an awsome job for both of these episodes and really proved that he belongs in this series.

All in all, very good. I liked SG-1 better tonight but this was still definately worth seeing IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X