The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdieey
    BTW - Is it just me or has the tone of this forum gotten a little "frosty" over the last couple episodes. I didn't even get halfway through the Conversion thread before I had to give up due to frustration...
    Oh, it's been more than just the past few eps, but yes, folks seem to be getting rather... hateful and antagonistic. It isn't about sharing your ideas and opinions anymore, it's a personal crusade against everyone too stupid to agree with you.

But I digress...

I don't think that Ford is beyond redemption in the eyes of his teammates, but in his own eyes, well... that's an entirely different story.

Comment

Now this was a good episode. The whole set-up was well-done with the flashback scenes for how Ford got picked up, and then escaped from the Wraith. I've been kinda missing him (don't give me that look. Despite what's goin' on with him, I still have hope for him) and I think this was a great return for him. Leader of his own group, plannin' to take out an entire Wraith hive ship, and proving that he's still certifiably nuts. Also proving that Ford (the character) can act. He had me goin' with that "I wanna go home" speech.

The training scenes were great, along with the growing anxiousness about the team getting injected with the enzyme. Loved the McKay scenes when he was complaining about getting injected.

I can't believe they let us off like this. The entire team, trapped by the Wraith, any second having their ensyme levels break down and make them go through withdrawals (wonder if it'll still kill them) and Sheppard, at the hands of another female Wraith. January cannot come soon enough.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

doh! Atlantis' situation is gonna be given away - shep's gonna succumb to the wraith's interrogation!

i just thought it was pointless that the "lost boys" would goto so much trouble to destroy just 1 hive ship!

still a very a good ep.
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

This episode didn't deserve the lowest ratings of the season/series.

I think there are a certain percentage of loyal viewers that won't watch part one of a two parter if they have to wait three months for the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by mindfire
            That would be something a wraith being able to tell who is ancient and who is just a regular human.
            Do you think they're trying to brainwash him to work for them? Nothing like a slave to work the ancient technology.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
              This episode didn't deserve the lowest ratings of the season/series.

I think there are a certain percentage of loyal viewers that won't watch part one of a two parter if they have to wait three months for the resolution.
              There were new, heavily advertised episodes on the networks that night, plus we had a major hurricane hitting the Gulf coast, right after Katrina - a lot of people were watching news stations (as I kept flipping to the news as well) instead of their regular shows.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                There were new, heavily advertised episodes on the networks that night, plus we had a major hurricane hitting the Gulf coast, right after Katrina - a lot of people were watching news stations (as I kept flipping to the news as well) instead of their regular shows.
                SCIFI has aways chosen to air the new episodes during the "off" season on the major networks. I think one reason Star Trek Enterprise wasn't renewed was because they kept airing opposite Smallville, and when they finally got a different time than Smallville, they aired opposite SG1.

I suspect the DVD sales may also figure into the decision to renew. I'm worried, because the SCIFI channel announced a new series.

I wonder how much activity forums like this add.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                  I suspect the DVD sales may also figure into the decision to renew. I'm worried, because the SCIFI channel announced a new series.
                  I wouldn't worry about SciFi experimenting with new series pilots. They do that on a regular basis and most of them fail rather quickly. If they intend to keep "dogs" like "Ghost Hunters" and "Tripping the Rift" and cancel shows like SG1/SGA, well, there ARE other channels.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    I wouldn't worry about SciFi experimenting with new series pilots. They do that on a regular basis and most of them fail rather quickly. If they intend to keep "dogs" like "Ghost Hunters" and "Tripping the Rift" and cancel shows like SG1/SGA, well, there ARE other channels.
                    Any idea what the "dogs" ratings are compared to SGA?

Wow! We're off topic again. Back to Lost Boys.

Why didn't Sheppard share his own experience with the retrovirus with Ford? Is Sheppard, trying to not dwell on probably the most awful experience of his life?

Of course Sheppard is a private person, you'll probably learn more about him from others that from his own lips. It's surprising he even shared the week on codeine.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet and I really don't have the time to read through all of them, so please forgive me if I'm repeating someone else's post!

Not having been a 'big' happy viewer of Atlantis before (I've always been an SG-1 happy viewer) I can honestly say that Atlantis has become one of my most favorite shows!!!!

I really enjoyed watching this ep. It was funny, intense and suspenseful, a real 'glue' you to your seat ep. Of course, the parts with Ronon and Teyla were quite, ummmmmm (well, you get the picture). Remember here, please, I'm a romantic, not a techie!!!

Lt. Ford unfortunately wouldn't take accountability for his mistakes and wanted to 'blame' Shepherd for his own wrong doing. Hopefully what Ford said at the end, something to the effect of 'we'll get out of this' or 'there is always a way out' will come to pass without Col Shepherd being killed. But I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by DTDSMA
                        I don't know if anyone has posted this yet and I really don't have the time to read through all of them, so please forgive me if I'm repeating someone else's post!

Not having been a 'big' happy viewer of Atlantis before (I've always been an SG-1 happy viewer) I can honestly say that Atlantis has become one of my most favorite shows!!!!

I really enjoyed watching this ep. It was funny, intense and suspenseful, a real 'glue' you to your seat ep. Of course, the parts with Ronon and Teyla were quite, ummmmmm (well, you get the picture). Remember here, please, I'm a romantic, not a techie!!!

Lt. Ford unfortunately wouldn't take accountability for his mistakes and wanted to 'blame' Shepherd for his own wrong doing. Hopefully what Ford said at the end, something to the effect of 'we'll get out of this' or 'there is always a way out' will come to pass without Col Shepherd being killed. But I guess time will tell.

Welcome back to the forum! And I sooooo agree with you on this ep. It was very good. Even my mom liked this ep. She didn't mind watching it 3 times!( once on Friday, once on Saturday cause my dad missed it, and once on Monday so that my bro and I could watch it).

This ep was such a cliff~hanger. When the screen said 'TO BE CONTINUED' I said "NOOOoOO!'. I don't think I'll be able to wait until January for new eps. OH well.
                        But, this was a very good summer finally.(thats what i call 'to be continued' thingies when they break for the summer).And,as usual, the actors did a very good job.
                        *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Loved this ep, The final scenes were very reminicent of Rising Part two with Col. Sumner. Shepp looked pretty worried as in "ive seen this before". Cant wait to see how he's gona get out of this one.

Comment

Finally i got to see the whole ep at 5 AM
                            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the lost boys. They should keep Ford and his team as allies. I like the way they operate.
                              Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by jash
                                I like the lost boys. They should keep Ford and his team as allies. I like the way they operate.
                                oh god please, the episode was bad enough with out having them all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X