No announcement yet.

Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's really no point in swearing immhotep. The ship may have blown up but most of the stuff we find either doesnt work, gets broken or blown up. I am slightly disappointed that Aurora blew up but it was still a great ep, we finally got to meet some living Ancients which was the main point of the ep.
    And the episode wasn't for nothing, we learnt the Wraiths have a weakness and that will give us a major advantage once we find out what it is.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

It was obvious we werent going to keep the ship

Its the oldest scifi cliche in the book
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
        As an American who hasn't seen the episode, I have to ask. Did they give a reason for using two different hyperdrive types? Was it to prevent the Wraith from getting intergalatic drives, or were their intergalactic drives so fast that they'd overshoot any intragalactic destination? Or did they just want to be complicated and have a slower model hyperdrive when one standard model would do?
        There was no explanation for it, but if you think about it possible the intragalactic hyper drives are more complicated and much more expensive to build.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Whenever I see a SA ancients I get wondering what makes them so powerful. In “Before I sleep” the ancients look pretty human to me, same in Aurora. Where are their superpowers? They don’t look smart than any average human, nothing closer to ascension. Somehow, when u see the ancients leaving earth to Pegasus millions of years a go, they look very advanced, they even read each others minds, instead of talking.

Would the crew in Aurora ascend after dieing? Or are Pegasus ancients pre-ascension ancients?

Comment

Over all a deeply disappointing episode after all the build up. As stand alone episode I thought it was not too bad but what let it down was the fact that they built up wraith tech weakness story and at the end nothing came out of it. I can understand TPTB not wanting the big enemy (wraith) to look really weak and easy to kill but few hints of wraith weaknesses would have made this episode a lot better. A great potential at learning more about the ancient/wraith war has been lost. I would give it 4 out of 10.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
              There's really no point in swearing immhotep. The ship may have blown up but most of the stuff we find either doesnt work, gets broken or blown up. I am slightly disappointed that Aurora blew up but it was still a great ep, we finally got to meet some living Ancients which was the main point of the ep.
              And the episode wasn't for nothing, we learnt the Wraiths have a weakness and that will give us a major advantage once we find out what it is.
              the point of the episode was the ship, screw the ancients we have the database the point is always the ship, and swearing is the only rational way i can express how frustrated i am at them doing one of those pathetic self destruct eps agian, it ruined atlantis for me, the first one of those episodes and a show is going to be crap from that point forward, i dont care what you say, if you introduce the words 'ancient ship 'and 'self destruct' and dont give a gilm worthy episode then what is the point!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

I dont see what the big deal is, I dont think anyone was under the impression we were going to get an ancient ship, its not like it would make a difference anyway, if the ancients cant win with their own ships its unlikely that they would turn the tide for us.

The only thing I disliked about the episode is that it was another ep that made me confused as to why the ancients lost the war, till now I liked to think of them as naive and that it was their pacifist attitude that lost them the war rather than their technology. With what we know of the state of affairs in the Pegasus galaxy the ancients should have been able to deal with the wraith with little problem in my opinion. Its inconceivable to me that a race who evolved from seeded life on 1 planet could advance to the stage of taking down the ancients who seeded life in the entire galaxy and continued to live at the peak of their civilisation while the Wraith were still exploring their own planet (or the humans that the wraith bug fed on).
                Last edited by Gary83uk; 21 September 2005, 09:50 AM.
                Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
                Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
                Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
                Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
                Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

In the thread for that ep, it was constantly likened to The Matrix. Ahahaha, the day SGA - or SG1 for that matter - is like The Matrix, i'll have seen my first flying pig!

Of course the SG team in black and leather with cells and leaping across buildings would be pretty cool...for Carter of course, she'd have a choice of a Blue or Red One (Yellow Ones? ahem? )

*gasp* an idea for a photomanip! Tee hee!
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

how have y'all seen it already?

I found it on usenet and I'm downloading it now...I'm guessing they already aired it in the UK. Ah well, it'll free up this friday night if I watch it now.

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk

I found it on usenet and I'm downloading it now...I'm guessing they already aired it in the UK. Ah well, it'll free up this friday night if I watch it now.
                      It aired in Canada, Siege 3 isn't on over here until next month

About Aurora, I never expected them to get the ship, a fuctioning ancient warship in season 2? Imagine if SG-1 got a ship that early, there wouldn't have been the X-302s or the Prometheus or Daedalus. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture. For me the question was how big a bang there would be when the ship was destroyed

That said I think TPTB might have made alot of people online upset with the episode, they were so tightlipped about it, now it seems that there wasn't much to tell, it was a stand alone to break up the retrovirus storyline and mid season 2 parter, a self contained episode. But before the episode it looked like they were being mysterious.

But to be fair they never hyped it, someone made an off hand comment about ancients and a ship. Then the fandom took this information and ran with it - but come on as an episode it was never intended to overshadow the big mid season 2 parter
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk

It aired in Canada on TMN on Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasDM
                          If the Wraith didn't know where the ship was then who attacked the ship? The ship was damaged so probably it has fought the Wraith.

But one of my theories is that there was never any information about a Wraith weakness on the Aurora. The Wraith was on a mission to acquire the intergalactic hyperdrive technology and I believe the Wraith were manipulating the system to make everyone believe the Aurora was on a mission to deliver a message to Atlantis. For an advanced race like then Ancients it doesn't really make sense to send such an important message with a slow ship.
                          You forget that the Ancient database on atlantis mentioned that the Aurora was on a recon mission. Which could very well be a gather and return delivery mission.

What I find strange is that no one on the ship actually knew what the data was, yet they would trust computer systems to store data event the captain wasnt privy to. Even further is the fact that the wraith were able to delete the data without an issue.

While I really liked the episode - its so full of plot holes and stupid mistakes that it really effects my enjoyment. My top 5 dumb things are:
                          1) Why wouldnt they pull the pods out of aurora and worry about restoring the Ancients later. I mean who would create a system to sustain life but make it so you couldnt move it. What if the ship blew up -what the ancients would jump out of the air locks?
                          2) Why would the Ancients trust a computer thats easy to hack with crucial info
                          3) Why would they use the slower ship to transport said data.
                          4) How could the captain not even know what hes carrying, yet trust something so critical to a computer
                          5) Why would the wraith not destroy the ship years ago, since they obviously knew it was there.
                          Last edited by TOA; 21 September 2005, 11:55 AM.

Comment

can i just say how much i hate this episode:

i am a ship man, i love them, its the best part of stargate for me, and this ship crushed everything i know about the ancients in to tiny little piece of dust!
                            TPTB shouldnt of spent 9 years building the ancients up as a superrace and then give us that! its pathetic!
                            ive always said aurora was goign to make or break atlantis season 2, and frankly theyve broken it for me, the ancients will never be the same again.
                            :@
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            11000! green me

Comment

I loved the ep. My expectations towards anything really ANCIENT related for Atlantis was non existant, so I enjoyed this ep for what it was. Great team ep. Great lines. The McShep friendship was back in full force. Joe and DH were spot on.

Lots of Shep, which always makes me happy. He is the man of a gazillion faces.

I loved the lighting in the ep. The Ancient uniforms made me giggle. **Bad wardrobe people**

I squeed alot over how gorgeous Shep/Joe was. I laughed over the McShep. I adored Joe for being so dang good. I laughed over Teyla and Ronon stuff and the Ronon and weir opening was great.

I hope we finally do get more info about the Ancients and Atlantis before the season is out, but we still have 11 eps to go so I'm prepared to keep my expectations low and, hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                                You forget that the Ancient database on atlantis mentioned that the Aurora was on a recon mission. Which could very well be a gather and return delivery mission.

What I find strange is that no one on the ship actually knew what the data was, yet they would trust computer systems to store data event the captain wasnt privy to. Even further is the fact that the wraith were able to delete the data without an issue.

While I really liked the episode - its so full of plot holes and stupid mistakes that it really effects my enjoyment. My top 5 dumb things are:
                                1) Why wouldnt they pull the pods out of aurora and worry about restoring the Ancients later. I mean who would create a system to sustain life but make it so you couldnt move it. What if the ship blew up -what the ancients would jump out of the air locks?
                                2) Why would the Ancients trust a computer thats easy to hack with crucial info
                                3) Why would they use the slower ship to transport said data.
                                4) How could the captain not even know what hes carrying, yet trust something so critical to a computer
                                5) Why would the wraith not destroy the ship years ago, since they obviously knew it was there.
                                ill add to that
                                6)why didnt the ancinets know they put themselves in hibernation, its there ship!
                                7)why dont they send the info via subspace
                                8)why didnt the deady just tow the aurora in hyperspace back to atlantis
                                9) if mackay can alter the enviroment why not just make a copy of all the minds in the system and everything in the envrioemtn and study it later
                                10)why did it still have power when it looked form the outside like space junk ( like the stuff around the earth after TLC)
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X