Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    An interesting bit of trivia about that scene. There is a moment when McKay looks at the chamber, realizing that the Wraith is just about to wake up. That look of impending doom on his face ended up being used as David Hewlett's opening credit shot:

His face in that pic is priceless! Poor Rodney It still surprises me how someone so intelligent doesn't think about what will happen when he actually wakes the Wraith up

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
      His face in that pic is priceless! Poor Rodney It still surprises me how someone so intelligent doesn't think about what will happen when he actually wakes the Wraith up
      Yeah that facial expression, and knowing what McKay was thinking at that exact moment, always cracks me up when I see David Hewlett's name in the opening credits.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Yeah that facial expression, and knowing what McKay was thinking at that exact moment, always cracks me up when I see David Hewlett's name in the opening credits.
        Opening credits shall never be the same again

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
          Opening credits shall never be the same again
          OK the interesting turn of events in this thread led me to come up with an interesting idea that I think you'll like too.
          sigpic

Comment

So I know this is kind of a long shot, but in the ending scene right before they have the champagne, Weir has this on her desk:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/990...ttingwomen.png

Anyone know what it is? Like, is it something from Earth or did she get it somewhere in Pegasus?

Comment

good episode i would watch this ep again
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                The Wraith was never given a name but her name in the simulation was Trebell
                The Wraith was nicknamed Lenny, it's in the commentary. The Wraith Defenders Club nicknamed him Aurora though.
                Originally posted by Lhel View Post
                So I know this is kind of a long shot, but in the ending scene right before they have the champagne, Weir has this on her desk:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/990...ttingwomen.png

Anyone know what it is? Like, is it something from Earth or did she get it somewhere in Pegasus?
                I think it's something from Earth, it looks a bit like something from the East, perhaps China or Japan.

Comment

This episode totally reminds me of the Matrix

Comment

lol watched it again totally great ep
                    sigpic

Comment

So I was watching SGA season 2 with audio commentary, and in this episode, one of the two people references Avatar in that "It's like Avatar: if you pull them out, they die" or something. However, the audio commentary was (probably) done several years before the movie was released. How does he even know about it?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, this is one that I could watch over and over. I loved the banter between Sheppard and McKay, I loved the way Sheppard jumped in and out of stasis to trick the guards.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

anybody notice how the Aurora's captain, first officer, and crew people had different accents from the Lantean High-Council members? wonder if TPTB formed the plot this way purposely, or inadverdently?
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA View Post
                            Its the first time this season in SGA where we see a positive view of the Ancients.
                            It also pretty much answers the whole why didnt the ancients fight thing too. ie they did.

yup; the Ancients' Lantean-era military gear looked much like modern-day Earth's particularly the brown inner T-shirt and the khaki-colored boots

TOA
                            [QUOTE=AcidSquid;4516655]Personally
                            I thought it was kinda dumb..
                            No offence.. They could just destroy the dumb old cruisers,
                            Leaving a valuble ancient ship destroyed in space
                            we can't be sure that the current Earth weapons we have in this episode are much of an advantage over the Warth's weapons n even Asgard shields will eventually succumb after too many hits; Wraith have learned to adapt to Earthan vessels tryingto beam nukes into them

[QUOTE=TOA;4516864]It was explained in the episode that the ancients used two types of hyperdrives, one was designed for in-galaxy transit, one was for galactic level travel. Aurora was equipped with the in-galaxy version.

Originally posted by verbalkint View Post
                            But unlike Weir, wouldn't the Ancients healing abilities allow them to handle the aging in the statis pods better once awakened? Just doesn't seem too bright to have Weir be able to last several days after she gets out of the statis pods but not the ancients. I certainly hope McKay found something out that could be useful in the future or else this episode will be one gigantic waste of my time.
                            good pt; Ancients may age much more slowly than humans; I wonder tho if the Aurora's stasis pods were at the same level as Atlantis'

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
                            I'm tired, it's 2:12 am here in sydney. I have a small amount of things to say:

5) And they did'nt get anything other than an exploded Ancient ship, and some sort of "info" that the "wraith have a weakness", they seem to have a weakness regarding get shot with bullets, maybe that was the super info.

by exploding the Aurora, tho, they exploded 2 Wraith ships too

6) Why the hell did they need to go on a "recon" operation when they were simply delivering the info BACK to atlantis. If they needed to pick it up, and it's so vital, you'd take your smallest\fastest ship, or your biggest\fastest warship, and then come straight back, not some middle of the road scout ship.
                            how do we know this is just a scout ship?

7) The wraith. They apparently destroyed it the first time, what stopped them from blowing it to hell? I doubt the wraith was there from when they killed it to when they reactivated atlantis.
                            maybe just disabled it, but not before the Aurora destroyed their ship

8) How did they get into pods if the entire bridge was smashed. The bridge being smashed should indicate their got totally OWNED by the wraith, and probably would'nt have enough time to get into the pods to begin with.
                            maybe they fled the bridge before bridge got destroyed?

Originally posted by ThomasDM View Post
                            I just saw this episode and it leaves me behind with lots of unanswered questions:

Why did the Ancients place themselves in pods, and for how long?
                            preserve their health while waiting for rescue

When did the Wraith find this ship? McKay says the Wraith girl only accessed the system recently but it looks like the Aurora already encountered the Wraith a long time ago because it was damaged.

perhaps another faction of Wraith

Originally posted by Mclogan View Post
                            Whenever I see a SA ancients I get wondering what makes them so powerful. In “Before I sleep” the ancients look pretty human to me, same in Aurora. Where are their superpowers? They don’t look smart than any average human, nothing closer to ascension. Somehow, when u see the ancients leaving earth to Pegasus millions of years a go, they look very advanced, they even read each others minds, instead of talking.
                            perhaps they just don't use them in front of humans? or maybe they're feeling to stressed to hone and use them?

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            ill add to that
                            8)why didnt the deady just tow the aurora in hyperspace back to atlantis
                            9) if mackay can alter the enviroment why not just make a copy of all the minds in the system and everything in the envrioemtn and study it later

We dunno if Daedelus actually has towing beams. N it might have trouble towing the much-larger (so much-hevaier?) Aurora.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
                            Just saw the ep last nite. Good story.

So, 10,000 years ago the Lanteans discovered a fatal flaw in Wraith tech. Are we to believe that same flaw still exists today? Personally I wish they hadn't gone that route. It makes zero sense, to me. It's like having some caveman from 10,000 years ago saved out of an iceburg to tell us that there is a fatal flaw in our mastadon hunting methods.
                            assuming the Wraith have actually improved their personal armor or ship-making technology

Yes, why indeed. The only thing I can think of is she wanted to learn all she could from Sheppard before he realized what she/he was and he couldn't leave the system and maintain the VR deception.

3. No. Even the Ascended Ancients would not help their fellow Ancients ascend. THey hardcore-ishly believed that you must attain Ascension by yourself.
                            yet Oma's helped non-Ancient's ascend

I know this isn't taught in Stargate, because there are several SG stories centering around "one must learn how to achieve enlightment" which is somehow being merged with "how to ascend" - yet in most spiritual circles, once a person dies, their soul simply goes to heaven or hell or wherever in between and they never learned how to move their soul from their deceased body... it *just happens*...! No machine involved. The spirit suddenly leaves from its lifeform shell and ventures off to somewhere else.[/color]

More mysteries added to the entire "ascension" thing. Why do some people's mortal bodies remain at death (Machello and the skeleton remains of the first officer of the Aurora), and others simply vanish into a vapor of energy (Orlin, Skaara, Daniel)?
                            Machello--think u mean Merlin, b/c Machello who wasn't an Ancient, didn't ascend

========

Sidenote: Did anyone previously say anything about the ancient costumes during "Before I Sleep"? Those seemed a bit odd in contrast to the Rising episode. I sort of preferred the Rising ep leather-like costumes better.
                            different eras tho
                            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

since when did 2 cruisers ever pose a threat to the daedalus even without the miracle beam weapons
                              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

One of my favorite episodes. I love when Teyla stalls with the techno babble
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X