Clear All

multiple items here...

Originally Posted by mgbland:
    Caught something!

McKay asked Sheppard if he trusted him, and Sheppard said, "no."

This probably pointed back to Trinity.
    Originally posted by Macilnar:
    Um SGalisa said that 3 posts up...
    no. *sigh* twasn't me. That scene was there, but must have gone past my brain from thinking about other things that were also going on during that time. I hadn't even been thinking of "Trinity" while watching "Aurora". I just saw the bantering as typical Shep and McKay snarking...

But good point about the shaky "Trinity" relationship.
    ...just think... McKay super-wired on attempting to refocus his inabilities to achieve an impossible goal in a limited time span... inspired by his own ego... had the same resulting effects as SuperFord on the wraith enzyme:
    Spoiler:
    attempting to save the universe from the evil Wraith by getting nearly everyone around him doped up like a drug addict.

========

Originally posted by Merlin7:
    The Ancient uniforms made me giggle. **Bad wardrobe people**
    The Aurora Captain's and (female) first officer outfits appeared to be a variation on the Jaffa warrior costume. The diagonal pleats of the Jaffa skirt (Teal'c in a skirt...! remember that?) and I think the design was repeated on the Jaffa vest portion that was worn over the knitted chain-mail shirts, too. The pleats were designed over the shoulders on the front and back *form-fitting* top of the first (female) officer.

In another way, both outfits of the Aurora Captain and first officer vaguely resembled the costumes of the two ancients at the beginning of the "Rising" episode.

...Regarding the female first officer's outfit, as prion mentioned:
    Had fun with it, especially Rodney's "She's hot!" and Sheppard's response. Bwahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    uhhh, yeah... she *did* have a rather voluptuous (hour-glass) figure...! It certainly looked especially good on her back -from her neck down to her waist/hips. Reminds me of the lacing bodice days of ribbed corsets.

Considering Rodney's utterly terrified fear of the wraith, his reaction sort of surprised me, even after hearing that she was a wraith -in disguise. He was still *drooling* with ga-ga eyes over her appearance....

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire:
    -And I couldn't get used to the uniforms. Looked like a big PJ party.
    Actually, the costumes of the remaining crew reminded me of a casual Chinese or Asian cultural jacket pattern. I think it's also the same pattern that was seen in the SG-1 ep "Beneath The Surface" in the underground sweat shop where Jack, Sam, and Daniel had there identities and memories tampered with (not quite erased). Except the colors of those jackets were darker (or representative of warmer colors), so they had a more casual lounging attire look than beige or lighter colored "PJs".

Sidenote: Did anyone previously say anything about the ancient costumes during "Before I Sleep"? Those seemed a bit odd in contrast to the Rising episode. I sort of preferred the Rising ep leather-like costumes better.

Comment

I wondered about those lace up the back outfits. It would be pretty hard for the wearer to lace them up. Also, Teyla's little exercise bodice. Has anyone ever wondered who she gets to help her get into that outfit?

Comment

Well no, I haven't wondered about that. However, the lace up the back outfits aren't done up that way. It's for decoration. There's probably a zip on the side. As to Teyla's, that's likely the same.

Comment

oooo! secret zippers spoils the illusion...

Originally posted by mgbland:
          I wondered about those lace up the back outfits. It would be pretty hard for the wearer to lace them up. Also, Teyla's little exercise bodice. Has anyone ever wondered who she gets to help her get into that outfit?
          For story effect ~ if this was real and *not* an illusion... If it isn't Dr. Weir or one of Teyla's sparring opponets, then probably whoever is nearby. Guys aren't exempt... and are probably very willing to help out, upon occasions, too (depends on their mood!)

hmmm. The lacing up the back effect can be very *attractive* on a nice female figure. Even Vala's little neck choker for that black leather number she wore looked nice, because it was evenly laced up instead of just appearing as planted (placed) on her body... her ribbed leather top piece was also laced up in the back...

The extensive lacing string/ribbon is also a good design technique to use in place of a zipper (...and zippers are a technological wonder in our time era, but they do break on their own upon occasion, and are a pain to sew into clothes). I saw a wedding gown with the lacing up the back effect using a wide satin ribbon, and it greatly enhanced the beauty of the gown's design. Sort of gave the gown extra character! Sort of a braiding effect, too, but in clothing design.

Just think: women who wore whale-boned corsets in our world's history had to get that lacing done every day they wore those things. agh! Nowadays, most people only use those extensive laces on their shoes and ice-skates... it's much easier to lace up skates than the back of one's own outfit!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
            oooo! secret zippers spoils the illusion...

For story effect ~ if this was real and *not* an illusion... If it isn't Dr. Weir or one of Teyla's sparring opponets, then probably whoever is nearby. Guys aren't exempt... and are probably very willing to help out, upon occasions, too (depends on their mood!)

hmmm. The lacing up the back effect can be very *attractive* on a nice female figure. Even Vala's little neck choker for that black leather number she wore looked nice, because it was evenly laced up instead of just appearing as planted (placed) on her body... her ribbed leather top piece was also laced up in the back...

The extensive lacing string/ribbon is also a good design technique to use in place of a zipper (...and zippers are a technological wonder in our time era, but they do break on their own upon occasion, and are a pain to sew into clothes). I saw a wedding gown with the lacing up the back effect using a wide satin ribbon, and it greatly enhanced the beauty of the gown's design. Sort of gave the gown extra character! Sort of a braiding effect, too, but in clothing design.

Just think: women who wore whale-boned corsets in our world's history had to get that lacing done every day they wore those things. agh! Nowadays, most people only use those extensive laces on their shoes and ice-skates... it's much easier to lace up skates than the back of one's own outfit!

It's doubtful that people in the pegasus galaxy would invent the zipper.

Also when a zipper breaks, it's completely unusable. Where as with lacing, if a hole rips through, just lace up the next. Though I'd think the ancients would have come up with something a little more "technical" to fasten their garments.

When women wore corsets, lacing was done daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
              So if sheps team had to EVA to get aboard the Aurora, how did the wraith get in?
              i assume he used the beam thing wraith use but how did it breath without life support?

Comment

yes it was abit sad in the end but atleast the toast left it on a higher note

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                  i assume he used the beam thing wraith use but how did it breath without life support?
                  Has it ever been proven that wraith need to breathe? If they do its possible they have some type of personal shield similar to the one Rodney had in series one, but geared more to surviving in harshe environments rather than armoured protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Zrbyte
                    Has it ever been proven that wraith need to breathe? If they do its possible they have some type of personal shield similar to the one Rodney had in series one, but geared more to surviving in harshe environments rather than armoured protection.
                    If the wraith didn't need to breathe, then why would their hive ships have life support at all?

Wouldn't they just keep only parts of the ship with life support, so their "food" could live? If all their "food" was in stasis, then they shouldn't need to pressurize the ship unless they were expecting more darts with humans. Of course, it may be possible for the wraith to survive short periods of time without life support, such as 15 or 30 minutes.

I still wonder why Caldwell didn't think to put some guards on that wraith!
                    Last edited by mgbland; 02 October 2005, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                      <snip>

I still wonder why Caldwell didn't think to put some guards on that wraith!
                      That was pretty dumb on Caldwell's part. If Sheppard could just will himself out of the stasis pod, then so could the Wraith. I was actually surprised the Wraith didn't come out earlier when it saw Sheppard and realized that someone else was on the Aurora.
                      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                        That was pretty dumb on Caldwell's part. If Sheppard could just will himself out of the stasis pod, then so could the Wraith. I was actually surprised the Wraith didn't come out earlier when it saw Sheppard and realized that someone else was on the Aurora.
                        And he was accusing Sheppard of making rookie mistakes!

Comment

Maybe the Wraith didn't think to do so or that he had a better chance of defeating Sheppard in the virtual environment.

Comment

I just saw Aurora for the first time last night and am going to watch it a second time soonish... it's a fantastic episode, I don't quite get why some of the feedback I've read about it around the site has been so critical.

The captain of the Aurora at the end, explaining to his crew just what has really happened to them and that they are about to give their lives to stop the Wraith from getting vital new intergalactic drive technologies, had to be one of my favourite dialogue points of the second series so far. Great episode, well written and acted, with Rodney McKay showing a little more of a decent, team-player attitude that I think his character needs to reflect more often.

The whole repurcussions thing between him and Sheppard during and after Trinity, in my own opinion, changed the dynamics between the two characters just when I was starting to warm to McKay, and the team. Sheppard was being a little too harsh on Rodney, who was only tryin to make a technology work for the betterment of the entire Atlantis expedition...

Now after Aurora, things might just start to get put back on track... can't wait to see Lost Boys too later on tonight. Soooo disappointed about the wait til January!

Capt

Comment

I utterly despised this episode! First, the ship was completely demolished on the outside, but the inside was perfectly intact. Second, the Ancients couldn't have survived for a few days outside of stasis, but Weir was able to do just that. Thirdly, none of the Ancients knew how to ascend, this couldn't have been an alternate solution, instead of killing over 300 Ancients? Fourth, even if the information had been deleted by the Wraith, they couldn't have found out the region of Pegasus where the information came from? Fifth, was it not possible for them to simply tow the Aurora back to Atlantis, using the Daedalus. There was nothing useful about this episode, though I donot agree with the Ancients all of the time, allowing over 300 of the most intelligent people, in all of the universe to just die, was the most idiotic course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                                I utterly despised this episode! First, the ship was completely demolished on the outside, but the inside was perfectly intact. Second, the Ancients couldn't have survived for a few days outside of stasis, but Weir was able to do just that. Thirdly, none of the Ancients knew how to ascend, this couldn't have been an alternate solution, instead of killing over 300 Ancients? Fourth, even if the information had been deleted by the Wraith, they couldn't have found out the region of Pegasus where the information came from? Fifth, was it not possible for them to simply tow the Aurora back to Atlantis, using the Daedalus. There was nothing useful about this episode, though I donot agree with the Ancients all of the time, allowing over 300 of the most intelligent people, in all of the universe to just die, was the most idiotic course of action.
                                First, yeah, ok, that was a weak point, but hey, it's sci fi. Maybe there were extra shields protecting the interior of the ship.

Second, Weir was only able to survive a few days out of stasis. The crew of the Aurora were older and probably wouldn't survive as long.

Third, these Ancients were less evolved than the Ancients who later learned to ascend, I believe. They were still studying the ascension process, but they hadn't quite mastered the technique.

Fourth, we don't know how the Aurora crew found the flaw in Wraith tech. If only one person knew what the flaw is, it's likely that only one person knew how and where to find it as well.

Fifth, I'm sure we would have towed the Aurora back to Atlantis if it had not been for impending doom from the Wraith hiveships. The Daedalus could not fight off both easily, and even if we could, the Wraith would have time to call for backup. The Daedalus would be destroyed, the Atlantis cover would be blown, and the Wraith would probably be able to find the information they needed to improve hyperdrive and attack Earth.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X