No announcement yet.

Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was a good ending although a little sad. It wasnt as emotional as some Stargate episodes . eg Meridian
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I have two questions I want to ask all my fellow SGA fans and GW brethern....

1) Why did'nt Shep mention that the Ancients had ascended or they learned how to ascend? I kept waiting on him to mention this to at least the captain.

2) Do you think the crew ascended after the explosion?. Again I was kind of waiting to see a white light emerge from the explosion indicating they had ascended.

3) I know this question is kind of tied inot my 2nd question but do you think those Ancients ascended not knowing that the other Ancients had learned to ascend. Maybe they had an Ancient angel waiting to help them ascend after the explosion?
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

1. Because they should have known this already.
        The Lantians (Pegasus Ancients) were survivors of the plague who came to the Pegasus Galaxy. Some of their conrads in the MW galaxy had ascended and they knew about it.

2. No. Not at all.

3. No. Even the Ascended Ancients would not help their fellow Ancients ascend. THey hardcore-ishly believed that you must attain Ascension by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Just because someone's in a relationship doesn't mean they don't fantasize. Wander through the thunk threads some time and ask how many of the folks there are actually married.

I think Rodney's just being a typical male, chasing after impossible dreams.
          But he said it in front of the team, and with the Atlantis grapevine, it's very possible Katie would hear about it. I think he has more sense than that.

I just thought it was more than a coincidence that Rodney hasn't talked about women this season to my recollection (except Duet) and then all of a sudden it's in two episodes back to back.

Comment

hmmm i thought aurora was a good ending...and a bit sad...but crying nah not my style..lol..
            I only cried when i was told stargate wasnt real
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
              Hm...Strange, me to, when Obi-wan said "You were the chosen one!" And the music changed, for me, it's all about the music.
              I know! It's all about the music for me as well. I cried when obi was said "You were the chosen one!" and when ObiWan gave up Luke..
              and then when it ended because it meant no more Star Wars!!!

oh wait it's offtopic

Comment

I was kinda hoping that they would have been able to salvage something from Aurora like some drones or some other weapon or something like the ancient hyperdrive. Maybe the info in the communicae. I was also hoping we would have gotten to see some flashbacks to when aurora was in battle. I would have liked to see it in action but, it probably would have been too far out of sga budget.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                  Little note though, when sheppard got the self destruct code was it set in the "Virtual Environment" or somewhere in the damaged ship
                  Yeah.. I also thought about that. The selfdestruct code must have been the same in the VR and in reality. So, when sheppard sent the code from thier own ship, some part of the damaged aurora must have picked it up and triggered a selfdestruct in the real world.
                  /C
                  The masochist said to the sadist
                  - hit me!
                  The sadist answered
                  - no...

Comment

I think I agree with one of the major threads of opinion here... it was a good, solid, interesting 1-shot ep - but it looked like it could possibly be a major ep, with opportunities to find out all kinds of neat and important stuff, but this was all ignored for a particularly blatant use of the old "destroy the important tech" cliche.

As I understand it, the Wraith only discovered the ship and sent that Wraith there about when Atlantis did - as in, extremely recently. Is anybody but me somewhat peeved that the Wraith managed, in that time, to:
                    A) Reach the ship
                    B) Discover the neural network
                    C) Wipe everybody's memories
                    D) Replace the memories with a new scenario of his choice
                    E) Tamper with the Ancient tech to simulate the appearence of the First Officer.

I mean, that's all heavy-duty stuff, especially when we're talking about Ancient technology, which is not exactly easy to figure out, let alone subvert to your own whim. A single Wraith managed to do all that on his own, with no obvious equipment, in that short, short amount of time? And he COULDN'T hack into the computers or something to find out the precise hyperdrive specifications? Sounds a little... what's the word? Oh, yes. Contrived.

So: cool episode, wonderful work from all the actors, but a tsk-tsk-tsk for the writers. This episode has a couple of splits in the seams.
                    That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

Once upon a time there was a king and a queen who after many years, had a beautiful baby daughter, whom they named Aurora. In celebration of such an event, they invited all the important people of the land. Unfortunately, they were remiss and forgot to invite the most powerful witch in the land. But she turned up anyway, with a vengeance. She was insulted at being forgotten and put a curse on the baby girl, declaring that she turned 16, she would prick her finger on a spindle and die! However, the good fairy was late and appeared soon after. Although she could not reverse the curse, she altered it slightly. The princess would prick her finger but would not die but fall asleep for a hundred years until such time as she would experience true love's kiss.

Ooops... wrong story...

Once upon a time there were a race of people called the Ancients that sent out a ship named Aurora to discover more about an evil race called the Wraith. Unfortunately the Aurora's mission was cursed from the beginning and it sustained much damage in its travels and so its crew put itself to sleep for 10 000 years. While asleep, the Wraith, a perpetual thorn in their side, trying to find the secrets of the Ancients, sends one of their own to join them in their dream-like state. Unfortunately, there was no true love's kiss to revive them but two unlikely princes stumbling around in their dreams must find the secret to destroying the evil Wraith before it finds the secret of intergalactic space travel. There is no happily ever after for the Aurora... for although theirs is a heroic end, they do not live to fight another day.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Dear Lord EL, don't you think DOCTOR McKay's ego is big enough, without giving him ideas of grandeur..?

Prince Rodney...*shudder* Frightening I tell you!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                          hmmm i thought aurora was a good ending...and a bit sad...but crying nah not my style..lol..
                          I only cried when i was told stargate wasnt real
                          It's not real?!
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Am I missing something, or does anyone else find it a bit odd that the entire crew of the Aurora was in stasis???

Teyla and Ronon went about the ship, and granted they only viewed a small portion of it, yet all but a few stasis pods were empty.

I would expect a ship that heavily damaged to have major casualties and for a good number of those stasis pods they examined to be empty. The other item of concern for me would be having a difficult time making the decision to go in stasis with the knowledge that there could be more wraith vessels on the way

Anyone else have any thoughts?
                            Last edited by CalmStorm; 25 September 2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

i think they decided to go in stasis since, according to what they believ in VR, road to Atlantis was so so so long, so they set the autopilot and then bum...maybe they got the bad chance to be engaged in some sort of wraith vessel...that somehow disabled, minor destroy it, before board it and make the clever (i must admit VERY CLEVER and SUBTILE, since they tend to be shown as animals) trap inside the Vr altering it...

Comment

At first I thought it was a long road back too.

However, the first officer (wraith) said that the ship was not built for speed and that it would take months to make it back to Atlantis. With the drive modifications it would only take days.

Which also brings up another question......if this info was so important and the possible undoing of the wraith.....why did they not send a faster vessel?? ......or have a puddle jumper on board that could gate to Atlantis with the information the first gate they came to?

The ship being in the state it was in, I can somewhat understand the decision to go into statis if they were unable to make repairs and travel any further.....but still I'd be very concerned about more wraith heading my way

Comment

Working...
                                X