No announcement yet.

Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if sheps team had to EVA to get aboard the Aurora, how did the wraith get in?

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Crap, I meant Captain Benjamin Maxwell -- he was the one who went berserk over the Cardassians in the TNG episode "The Wounded". My bad.
      Actually, no.. you are wrong again.

Want to give it another shot?

The Captain of the Aurora was played by Bruce Dawson, who also had a role in SG-1 Season 6 episode, "Forsaken" as a Seberus Crewman. He hasn't been in Star Trek - but, good try.
      Last edited by Omegastein; 24 September 2005, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Actually, Canada got the ep earlier this week, which is how there are nine pages of discussion "overnight".

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
          Ha. Can't we stick with the Hope and Crosby comparison? It feels more apt. And Jerry Lewis always makes me cringe.
          Okey-dokey!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
            [SIZE=2]less than 24 hours, and already 9 pages in here?!! yikes!!
            I think some viewers got to see the ep a week earlier.

I think "Aurora" was the episode Joe Flanigan was referring to as the "(Bob)Hope and (Bing)Crosby" episode.
            It definitely reminded me of that. I hope they do lots more the same way.

McKay: {realizing the inevitable!} "Oh noooooh!" (*eek!!*)
            I love Rodney's "Oh no!"s. He's so cute.
            I noticed Teyla got in an oh no, herself. Maybe subconsciously imitating Rodney.

Comment

I don't know, that was realy just meh. WAY to many plotholes to let the ep make any sense at all. They should not have made the episode in my view.

Comment

One thing I didn't get about Aurora was why would the Ancients build a VR world to live in while they are stasis? What's the point of something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by auenway
                  One thing I didn't get about Aurora was why would the Ancients build a VR world to live in while they are stasis? What's the point of something like that.
                  Maybe so they can plan a way to fix whatever it was that sent them into statis to begin with.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I really enjoyed the ep despite the huge plot holes. I loved the ending where Weir and co. toasted the Aurora crew.

I was a little dissapointed that the writers keep finding excuses not to give us real answers about the Ancients. Atlantis finds an Ancient warship. Do they get to learn any of its secrets? nope, cause the ship is badly damaged. Atlantis finds living Ancients aboard. Will they get to meet real Ancients? Nope, the Ancients can't be revived for some technobabble reason so our intrepid heroes can only meet them in a VR world. The Ancients learned about a weakness in Wraith technology. Will Atlantis finally learn about a Wraith weakness? Nope, again, the info is conviniently destroyed and the captain does not know what the info is. Will Atlantis get to keep the Ancient ship? Nope, again the ship has to be conveniently destroyed.

Come on SGA writers, give us some juicy Ancient info!

Comment

Originally posted by auenway
                      Hey if the Ancients hadn't made a VR world then they would have died of boredom, I mean 10,000 years of stasis and nothing to do.
                      Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                      O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                      We are the Ancients

Comment

I Wonder If Atlantis Team will Find out their weakness sometime in stargate atlantis season 3 or 4 before the wraith get to earth. if the plague wipe out every human race on earth, there be nothing left for wraith to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegastein
                          Actually, no.. you are wrong again.

Want to give it another shot?

The Captain of the Aurora was played by Bruce Dawson, who also had a role in SG-1 Season 6 episode, "Forsaken" as a Seberus Crewman. He hasn't been in Star Trek - but, good try.
                          ::sniff:: No. Are you sure? I swear to all that's holy that that's him. And I have that episode on tape too. If it isn't him, then he has a twin, there's no mistaking that face. Do you know where he's from, because it's going to drive me absolutely berserk. Grrr. I hate when I'm wrong.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I dont want to seem like a sissy but did anybody else cry when the captain was making his final speech addressing his crew, and back at Atlantis as the memorial toast to their contributions. It was just heart breaking.

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

Comment

I'm going on the limb and declaring I liked this ep.

First, agreeing with Samuel J. Tilden (what a name ), I liked the look of this story. So often, VR is depicted as that chrome/shocking blue environment with lots of shadows; this one was bright, almost faded like the inhabitants of the pods. Even the main characters that Shep and McKay interacted with were slightly off focussed, esp. the captain. I easily envisionded their lives just fading away if the Wraith hadn't dropped in.

And who wouldn't think 21C/Wraith (or hotgirl as some describe her; eh.) was totally not right when she didn't respond to Shep turning on the charm? I always think of him as naturally flirtatious, and here he really couldn't seem to stop himself! Of course, this Wraith being male in RL might have dimmed the response, but, heh. However, while I did guess that she was the bogey here, her purpose wasn't that straight up for me until McKay explained the 2 versions of Ancient hyperdrives.

Teyla's techie talk was very amusing, but I don't agree that she's just mouthing what she heard, not completely. Teyla's never been shown other than intelligent and a quick learner (such as with earth weapons). Anyway, Teyla and Ronon were both on pointe with keeping McKay up front with his plans and possible side effects of them. Their expressions at McKay's waffling made me laugh aloud.

Some questions already voiced occured to me as well, but beyond those, I was fond of this episode. The captain's last words being honored by the Atlantis crew was touching, esp. with the history of their own first doomed expedition (Before I Sleep). And I'm betting that McKay and Shep came away with more from their sojourn in the VR. McKay has his computer info to analyze, and he and Shep were hooked into a computer which in other instances has left deposits of stored info in the brain that surfaces later.

Yes, it could have been more... whatever. I liked it, and the following episode.

Just sayin'.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Well.. actually... no..

No disrespect. I am glad that you got some kind of emotional respons from it. But to me it just screamed: "Ooohh.. come on!!"

If you want to see some good speeches, I prefer BSG. Olmos Adama is a nasty one to make great speeches...

All IMOHO ..
                                /C
                                The masochist said to the sadist
                                - hit me!
                                The sadist answered
                                - no...

Comment

Working...
                                X